1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Back Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Dec 9, 2016.

1. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Sorry if I came off that way. Not mad. Just trying to explain my terrible joke that nobody got apparently.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You're in the future, bro. What is the final score of the Thunder game back on December 9th? Please get back to me before the game starts. I have bets to place. Actually, tell me every score from December 9th to Jan 9th. Thanks again.

[​IMG]

Yaosthirdleg and wouldabeen23 like this.
  3. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

How do you feel about Houston: Nene/Brewer (up to 2...2nd rd pks) x Miami: Wayne Ellington/James Johnson.
    Miami is 3rd worst in the Eastern Conference. Nene would get time backing up Whiteside. Johnson expiring
    contract shooting 34% from 3 (better than Brewer) with Ellington team option next yr. shooting 38% from 3.
    It works on a trade checker when all eligible. Brewer would back up Winslow in front of Babbit. Brewer contract is tolerable on a "non-contending" team. IMO. Any other ideas I will run on trade thread.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

In an era where role players like Anderson are paid 20M, why would you trade DMo who is only gonna make 8.3M with team options away? He's too valuable unless you get a franchise player like may BG in return.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if James Johnson would have a role on the team, but his contract is expiring like you said, they'd probably cut him outright.

Jatman20 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

if dmo comes out the gate hot as **** what do we do? Ryan Anderson off the bench? Dmo as a the 6-7th man?

9. don grahamleone

There has to be more to this story. He sounds like he was telling you that you were bothering him and that it was douchey. Tell the whole story. It's clearly missing elements, like how you got his attention.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I thought Dmo ate Kit-Kats, not Milky Ways :eek:

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a cut and paste "I saw (random celebrity) at the store" type of story, it's been used for lots of people, it's not a true story.

Here's an example

12. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Not sure myself. James Johnson is a high riser (dunks/blocks) who is listed as SF/PF. I guess I was
    thinking Johnson could have Dekker role with some PF minutes so Dekker can concentrate on SF.
    Johnson can erase some buckets. People probably shld know D-Mo is not a high volume shooter from 3.
    D-Mo: 12/13: 1.9 (3PA/gm) 13/14: 1.4 (3PA/gm) 14/15: 1.9 (3PA/gm) 15/16: 1.5 (3PA/gm)//career 1.7 (3PA/gm)
    James Johnson: 16/17: 1.1 (3PM) 3.1 (3PA/gm). I'm not sure if JJ can keep it up for the rest of the yr & he
    had an off court issue early last yr. But I do like adding him to depth giving team versatility and Morey likes
    those expiring contracts or ones that come to the team with team options. Good conversation. Take care.

14. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

so relieved that this is over hope clutch merged all the DMO thread to one just saying...

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is so fricking hilarious

Rocket River

Mazulis likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Because he may prove not to be that great.
    Because he may get hurt again.
    Because you might be able to sin a max FA whom would clearly be better.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Morey wins again.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The rest of us have been. You're the only one that thought Morey was committing fireable offenses in his handling of the D-Mo situation. He was right, you were wrong. I'm glad you can join the rest of us now in enjoying an awesome season now in progress.

King1, RudyTBag, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Not sure if serious????????

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I would hate that. He's a solid contributor, the exact sort of guy you want to have on this sort of one superstar/excellent role players team. Especially playing him every other night (one night Nene, one night Harrell) as they've sometimes done to keep him fresh. D-Mo will get his minutes. There are enough minutes to go around for Capela, Nene, Harrell, Anderson, and D-Mo at the 4/5. D-Mo starts out as our backup 4, I'd say and picks up spot minutes at center. Dekker will move back to his natural position as backup 3.

AroundTheWorld likes this.