1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Back Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Dec 9, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea, I don't like being wrong as much as the next guy, but there's a point where you just gotta hang em up.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Thank God this is over with.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Added 4mil incentives, but moved the March 1st guarantee deadline to July 7. Also trades don't need DMO's approval.

Basically 4mil in exchange of full control over DMO

Batman Jones, Hakeemtheking and Amiga like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

**** sounds like a good deal for everyone there. Lol

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

All that for 8 million guaranteed? I can't believe he couldn't get a single team to give a one year deal for that.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I wonder how attainable those 4 million are also

8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I would assume it would be similar to Nets original incentives:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...of-6m-difference.279039/page-31#post-10812965

Basically incentives to keep him in shape during offseasons. Should be attainable

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Exactly. D-Mo definitely a better fit for the 2nd unit and will play late in the 4th to get easy baskets in the post on nights where our shot isn't falling like the OKC game last month where we had 0 points in the last 6:30 of the game.

HakeemOnlyFan and Zergling like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me speculate and say BJ might have actually wrote the Likely Incentives incorrectly into the offer sheet.

NOTE: (see image below) There is a requirement in Offer Sheets to include a copy of the Nets proposed Uniform Player Contract, *and* another Exhibit separately showing the Principal Terms the ROFR Team is obligated to match. So, maybe some mistake happened, whereby DMo thought the incentives were in the Principal Terms.​

Maybe BJ wrongfully included $4m incentives into the Principal Terms, and Morey was able to show the league office those don't qualify as Principal Terms; hence why Morey had to wait until Monday to match. Had to wait for ruling from league on whether the offer sheet had a technical error in it.

Either that, or he just for whatever reason thought they would count in the match contract, despite not spelled out in the required exhibit for Principal Terms of the ROFR Team to match. If that was true, he just didn't understand the CBA, then.

This is from the CBA:

[​IMG]

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think there are real concerns about DMO's back. Not a dang single offer for months, except for the Nets, whose contract reads more like a NFL contract, rather than your typical guaranteed NBA contract.

Let's be honest here, D-Mo is lucky that he is very tall and has bb skills that can earn him million$$. OTOH, he is built like a skinny X-Mas tree that can snap at any time.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

13. craguin

craguin Member

(see below)

HakeemOnlyFan and duluth111222 like this.
  14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Body scans LOL. That sounds like guaranteed money cuz the team will for sure closely scrutinize his health. But still worth it I guess

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

heypartner and Plowman like this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I respect your opinion. We might agree to disagree on this one. Nene is 34 (turns 35 in Sept) makes 7 pts
    in 17 mins. Imo he would like to position himself for a two yr deal (option on 2nd yr) this offseason. He runs
    the risk of just being dropped this offseason by Houston with anemic numbers because of few mins. He has
    two more yrs in him. It's kind of different than Dirk Nowitzki or Duncan staying with the same team. Or Ray
    Allen/Battier going to a contending Heat team. Vegas had Houston at 41.5 wins before the season started. Nene came to Houston in hopes of playing. He didn't count on Dekker playing well at the 4 and Harrell coming on so quickly. Yes Dekker can log little to no mins at PF.....but I liked his production at PF. It created a mismatch with opposing teams 2nd units. But I digress. Coach will work it out. *Side note...yes I expect it to take D-Mo time to get acclimated to the system and game shape.

#137 Jatman20, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Trade bait.

Jatman20 likes this.
  19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

As with BobbytheGreat, I respect your opinion DonKnock. If I'm Nene I'm thinking my future at age 34 without
    guarantees on a new contract. Do I want to play little to few minutes with a contending Rockets team
    or move on to a Bucks/Suns/Lakers/Knicks/Boston/Nets/Blazers team for 20 mins a game?

20. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

And this is with DMo having turned down a QO of roughly $3.5M for one year and he's free or one year guaranteed of roughly $7M (reportedly up to $8M in incentives) for one year of team option.

So for roughly an extra $0-$1M, DMo gave Houston two more years of team options it sounds like. Awful awful deal for him.

TheRealAllpro and Jatman20 like this.