1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Back Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Don't forget.... MDA and Harden being the point guard... He doesn't really want Harden to be on ball more or average 10+ assists.... He wants him off ball and another guard... ie a Rubio to fill that role.

:p

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

So if he passes his physical, when is he eligible to play?

I doubt he'd play tonight against the Thunder for obvious reasons, but if we play the Nets might he make an appearance during garbage time? I'd assume he'd need at least a few weeks to get acclimated to the new system, though

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like Morey is snipping his balls. Nice job BJ

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

here's the thing; I can accept and respect another member's opinion on a lot of things Rockets related. What is so incredulous is that this particular poster seems hellbent to make his word become gospel and cannot see beyond his scope of view. Tack on the whole persona of thinking he knows more than any of us is the reason why many of us, present company included, do not like him as a poster.

A little bit of humility would go a long way for him.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, as soon as he passes his physical, he's good to go.....but it almost certainly won't be tonight unless there is garbage time like you said. I don't think it'll take long for him to start getting minutes, but I wouldn't expect it to be a lot of minutes for at least a few weeks. He's not in game shape after all.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm not even sure he'll be able to get there in time today...maybe tomorrow against the Mavs...
    there should be enough garbage time in that game lul

Can't wait to see him play again though, i'm happy he's back, let's go D.Mo.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Morey really f***** BJ Armstrong up and I love it. Just totally dominated him in these negotiations. Made BJ look like a fool to everyone. On top of all that if D-Mo can even play 75% of games each season, he will be the best contract in the entire NBA.

Are you KIDDING ME? Team options in July for 3 consecutive years of a player's prime age? Tradable in 3 months after BJ actively sought a deal that would make D-Mo difficult to trade? Only $8m guaranteed?

Wow, just wow.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's not fazed

9. steddinotayto

BJ still got dem rights tho......

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Same here, I like what having him back does for the depth at the 4 and 5, it was a place that I was a bit nervous about having to rely more than I felt comfortable about on guys like Anderson and Nene. Now with the emergence of Harrell and the return of DMo, the 4 and 5 is the deepest spots on the team.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"I know my rights"

-Guy who most certainly does not know his rights.

HakeemOnlyFan and TheRealAllpro like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey is a woman now? Stylish fashion.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So glad to have him back and THRILLED to have him on a deal that makes him one of the best assets Morey's had in years going forward.

HakeemOnlyFan and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I think Morey may order MDA to play Motiejunas against the Nets just for the lolz. ...and give BJ a front row seat.

FANfrom86toNow, craguin and Vivi like this.
  15. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Wise desicion by Dmo. He will florish under MDA!

Batman Jones and don grahamleone like this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I know people are thinking DMo will struggle to get minutes, but if he's healthy and in 14-15 form (a huge if) I'd prefer that he start over Anderson. I know how invaluable Anderson's spacing is for Harden's drives and our overall offense, but our offense was still pretty potent when DMo was starting back then and still is when Anderson is off the floor now. DMo's defense is far superior to Anderson's. He can actually alter shots around the rim which is our main weaknesses at the moment. Their rebound rate is pretty similar.

It'll never happen. Anderson makes too much money and DMo might never be the same player he was. But 14-15 DMo is a better fit than current Anderson in the starting lineup, IMO. Anderson would kill with EGo in the second unit.

17. steddinotayto

It's not even about Anderson making more Money than DMo; it's about what weapons you can afford to put on the floor when James is on the court that will maximize the team's production. DMo can shoot the 3 but he's not a sniper like Anderson. No coach in the NBA will say that you have to stay on DMo when he's roaming around the 3 point arc because he doesn't have enough history to warrant that kind of respect/assignment. Anderson does.

DMo will succeed in the 2nd unit because when Gordon's shots aren't falling and the young kids are playing like young kids, he will need to be that reliable anchor for the offense where you can have him post up, feed him the ball, and watch him operate.

DonKnock and craguin like this.
  18. txn

txn Member

When can he start to play the game? Tomorrow, possible?

19. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I cannot wait to see some DMo for 3Mo, post scoring, solid picks, and genius high post passes from DMo!

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

for someone who haven't followed the thousands of DMO related posts... how is this new deal different from the original deal?