1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Back Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Dec 9, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which is after the trade deadline, BTW.

And who CARES? The Rockets just got better, and they have the flexibility that Morey wants......let's now try to enjoy this season.

DD

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Jesus I feel terrible for D-Mo. I hope he learnt his lesson, that is a terrible contract that he just signed.

I mean, really good for the Rockets, but BJ Armstrong basically sold D-Mo's soul to Morey.

heypartner and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  3. DaDakota

I just hope he is happy with it and is in shape.

DD

Vivi, heypartner and Nivos like this.
  4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

+1, let's just blame it on BJ and hope DMO comes back strong. #bewellbj

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Shroopy2, BigMaloe and Snow Villiers like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not sure what you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure the Rockets will be able to freely trade DMo in the summer... the same way players are traded sometimes on draft night, or during FA, or as part of S&Ts during FA, etc.

Basically, the Rockets will be able to maximize DMo as an ASSET. Which is a word I know you and many hate, but is the best word to describe what the contract represents even absent his on court performance.

Who CARES? Well, as a Rockets fan, I do. The great start to the season has certainly helped improve the teams existing asset values, but let's be honest, the cupboard is a little emptier than it has been in years past. No return on Dwight. No return last year on DMo. Used assets to get Ty Lawson which failed miserably. KJ isn't working out for whatever reason. Tyler Ennis... yikes!

Again, Dekker, Capella, Harrell ... great improvements and solid assets now. Ariza is a solid asset (but gets older every year!). And Gordon is a solid asset now - just a really solid NBA player paid appropriately (underpaid if healthy). Ryno... meh, could be an asset but that's a long deal. So the team has assets again... but of course, you lose those players when you trade them...

The DMo contract COULD be the best asset of all that you'd be open to moving. It just gives the team a TON of flexibility. And that's not to diminish what DMo can bring to the team on the court - they may keep him all 4 years at the end of this, who knows.

heypartner likes this.
  8. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I'll kinda miss this DMo contract/RFA saga. Ahh I guess all great things must end

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

WOW negotiations must have been so hard morey lost his triple chin!

heypartner likes this.
  10. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I could not only see DMo seeking new representation by firing BJ Armstrong, but I could also see the Wasserman group firing him as well. This was a disaster.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I'm glad that all that drama is done.

Now go play some ball!

12. DaDakota

The point was about trading him available in 90 days, it is moot as that is after the trade deadline, I am happy for the flexibility too.

DD

13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Finally it's over. Per Bobby Marks D-Mo is eligible to be traded after 3 months w/o D-Mo's consent.
    That's good for the Rockets. Good for D-Mo to get playing again.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right, but there was no way the Rox could have negotiated that back in. The league's 11/23 cutoff date for unsigned RFAs prevented us from doing that. At least now we have the right to trade him the moment the summer trading season opens, if we want to do that.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I just hope he passes his physical.

FANfrom86toNow and TheMystery008 like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good deal for everyone really. DMo gets 8 mil for this year and it's super team friendly.

17. Fantasma Negro

Bent over every summer for the next three years? That is not a good way to live but its good to have him back. Now we can rest Nene on all back to backs. Now I can say what I've been waiting to say all summer long, I can't wait to see what MDA does with Dmo in this system :)

FANfrom86toNow and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

19. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I love me some Dmo!

DD

20. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

welcome back, dmo, now let's figure out the rotation, hopefully harrel can still get some minutes

macho GRANDE likes this.