1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We have to get rid of KPJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Nov 7, 2021.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Leaving mid game is bad, but maybe it's for the better. If KPJ was so fumed, and had he stayed maybe he didn't think he could control himself further and do worse things. So he removed himself from the situation.

Dude's rap sheet included a loaded hand gun, cooling off might be the better outcome.

Writing is on the wall, KPJ needs to go. I wouldn't even keep him even as a bench guy. Keep him away from TC.

#621 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. mightybosstone

I'm not even talking about his contract, though. If anything, this incident probably cost him a ton of money on whatever his next contract ends up being (assuming he gets one). But we're a million miles away from talking about his contract.

I think it's back to square one: proving he can be a reliable and stable member of this team. He needs to work back to that and work on improving his game. I'm super skeptical that he'll get there on both accounts, but I'd at least give him one last chance.

I'm with you in that this was totally unacceptable behavior. This isn't a "Strike One." To me, it's like a "Strike 2.5." He's got to face some very real punishment, and it has to be made abundantly clear to him that they're on a "zero tolerance" basis moving forward.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Knucklehead in line with DeMarcus Cousins and Danuel House.

seclusion, Ramo$e and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will let the org decide, but they need a plan.

Seems they did not have one to allow House back and he spiraled down - they need a plan, and KPJ has to be held accountable and be part of that plan by agreeing to it.

If he needs mental health, get him a phycologist and have him meet with them...as part of that plan.

Mental health is no joke.

DD

Bo6, Easy, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Needs the Royce White treatment

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly this org is a fking mess. No structure and no leadership getting rid of kpj is not gonna make the problems magically disappear. We have bigger issues than a a youngin tantrum

DaDakota likes this.
  7. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

He was the 30th pick because he had problems at USC.

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Which he continued to have at the Cavs and now here. What point do you think you're making?

9. HeyBudLetsParty

I guess now I’ve seen it twice in the past 24 hours

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The double tag team with his sister, pulling wigs off the head of a girl, punch to the right side of her head and tossing a drink to her face.

11. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

What? Where is this story?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#632 daywalker02, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  13. hakeemthagreat

The organization is fine. The team is young and probably upset at losing. I'd say we're better off now than before, under the Morey/Harden era. Silas is a young up & coming coach and I like the positive energy

cheke64 likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is so frustrating. Porter has some serious talent, he really does, in my opinion, but clearly he also has serious mental issues, with a history of them going back at least a few years. What jumps out at me about this incident is that Porter didn't "just" walk off the court to the locker room in a snit about something during the game. That would be bad enough. No, he blew up during halftime in the locker room and left the arena.

Porter has started every game this season, every game he was healthy enough to play in. In my opinion, he should lose that starting spot and be given a suspension without pay for at least one week to two weeks, and then given an ultimatum. Sit towards the end of the bench without complaint and practice with good behavior until the organization, and Coach Silas, think he's shown them enough that he can warrant a few minutes per game on the court. Any "dark looks," any sullen behavior at all and he will be cut lose. It should be strongly suggested straight away that he seek professional help, with suggestions of who to see by the organization, but that doing so is up to him.

After that, I don't think anyone could claim that we didn't give Kevin a good chance to "recover" from what most organizations would consider behavior worthy of immediate dismissal "for cause" from the team. In my opinion, anyway.

[​IMG]

DaDakota, ArtV, BigggReddd and 7 others like this.
  15. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

He needs to go.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've been holding my breath about KPJ's mental issues. John Lucas is not a mental magician that can fix any headcase. This kind of thing is not easy to fix. I believe Lucas did try. Anyway, we know why Cleveland throw him away for next to nothing. Should we do the same? I think it'd be a shame if we did.

Good post, @Deckard. We should try one last chance even if deep down we expect to trade him. For one, it shows good will to all parties. For two, we at least should see if we can get some value back if we trade him. I don't want him to be House part deux.

AroundTheWorld and Deckard like this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Pretty much posted the same opinion myself, it's the only proper way to do it I think. If he rises to the challenge, takes his lumps and adjust his attitude then all good, if not then see ya later. I wouldn't consider it a bad thing if we were the team who gave him a final chance to grow up where other teams just washed their hands of him. If he ****s it up it's no big loss, we're losing anyway.

18. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Time to start Green and Christopher together in the backcourt.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Gordon / Green / any combination of Mathews, Tate, Nwaba, KJ / Wood (if he pulls his head out of his ass -- yeah right).

I love Christopher, but I don't think he's ready to start.

Bo6 likes this.
  20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Too late, they're both idiots, and they've shot themselves in the foot. They have no one to blame but themselves.

ArtV likes this.