1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Venting] Shady activity by poster King of 40 Acres

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by airbulllard, Apr 24, 2007.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

oh F#$k that was funny....

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Generally speaking, detrimental reliance will make up for a lack of classic consideration. I am an attorney, but I am NOT making a legal assessment of this particular situation.

I am stating this just in general terms, and nothing contained herein is to be construed as legal advice. In short, I am not rendering an opinion on this matter, nor do I represent any of the parties.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Wtf are you talking about? Do you have a reading comprehension problem or something? His dad didn't trust airbullard due to the that he doesn't know him and had a sure ticket with a better deal AT the BO. The matter has been settled, so there's no need to talk about bad about anyone. It was just a misunderstanding and KO40A already apologized for his actions AND donated $30 to the TipJar. Chill out.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i guess for future reference, I would endorse anybody I've worked with in situations like this, I've worked with over 30+ members off of the board just from the group gathering.

I worked with airbullard with the suite tickets and actually got tixs for the group for Game 1, but had to back out and gave me more than enough time to sell them to others.

For the record, I did give him his refund back through Paypal in which he volunteered to eat the Paypal charges if I couldn't figure out how to do the Paypal Refund process, but was able to figure that out.

Bravo King of 40 on your gracious offering.

1 person likes this.
  5. codell

codell Contributing Member

How many beers had you had before you wrote this post?

Classic.

:)

6. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

lmfao! you really have to watch those dumps that don't flush

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

:D too funny, only b/c it's true. but King did pay up so gotta give him some props for that.

8. Pocket Rockets

omg thats hilarious....

kof40 - what do you have to say for yourself now? jk man

big of you to donate and make amends.

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

please, please, tell me spydermex is not kidding.

Ko40A is KING OF THE WORLD

ps.
    i'm with the he's still a douche crowd

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

AHAHAHAHAHA

Ok now Kingof40acres should be banned for sure. You didn't flush man???

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The timing of posting the day after might not have been the best, but there's a certain degree of trust on this site that I'd hate for it to be abused. Clutchfans members should know what happens if something can't be resolved.

That's all I should write about this.

12. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

I completely agree with what the thread starter did by calling him out. He wanted to make sure this wouldn't happen to other members. KO4A would have never done anything if he was not shamed in to it by the rest of the BBS, judging by his first response.

Moral of the story: If you act like a b****, you run the "risk" of being called one.

13. macalu

oops, wrong thread.

14. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

I call BS on KO4A for saying he bought from the box office or that he was even with his dad. He just found the best excuse that a previous poster had come up with and ran with it. Also, there is no way the box office had two tickets together an hour before the game. He got a better deal from another scalper. Finally, are we sure he donated $30, look, i donated to the tip jar also.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

This email confirms that you have paid clutch@clutchcity.net (clutch@clutchcity.net) $1,000,000.00 USD using PayPal.

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *CLUTCH".

Payment Details
    Transaction ID: 7EW699331U8310249
    Item Price: $1,000,000.00 USD
    Total: $1,000,000.00 USD
    Order Description: I just won the lottery!!!!!
    Buyer: XXXXXXXX

Keep this fight going, this thread is GREAT!!

1 person likes this.
  15. macalu

^^^oooh, another call out. i like it. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

This thread is bringing out the worst in Clutch Fans. I can't believe people would continue to bash Ko40A after he did what airbullard asked him to do to make it right. Give Ko40A the benefit of the doubt. It's over.

17. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

ahhhh, im just playin.....work sucks :cool:

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow. That may be the post of the year given the relevence to the discussion.

Let me just say this sheds an entire new light on the character of the poster question.

Now we have to assess this situation from a fair and balanced standpoint. If Kof40A really did agree to go halves on a case of beer and then proclaimed he "didn't have to pay" because the beer did not do the job, that is very suspect.

However, the taking of a large dump, not just any large dump but a "the kind where you can't see the water" is really what gives us an answer to the question "is this guy a douche or not"

When you agree with another man to go halves on beer, you are making a simple pact with a buddy.

When you ask another Clutchfan for tickets then leave him high and dry, you are abusing a powerful resource and ruining your credibility

But... When you take a **** in a man's toilet and not just any ****, a **** where you can no longer see the water... you have violated a man's precious belonging, and left his bathroom smelling of not only feces, but the even more foul stench of disregard for another man's domain.

In summation, I move that the BBS find Kingof40Acres guilty of drunk dumping with no intent of flushing, and leave it up to you all to decide his fate.

thank you spydermex for your honesty today before your peers, you are excused.

19. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm glad Kof40Acres came clean. I believe he donated and apologized in good faith and will focus myself back to rooting for the Rockets.

20. Pocket Rockets

i think we have a whole new argument here to discuss. This could go on for weeks now.