1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Venting] Shady activity by poster King of 40 Acres

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by airbulllard, Apr 24, 2007.

1. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

It's sad that a fellow longhorn did this.

I'm really glad that rockets won, but i'm gonna vent on something that pissed me off before the awesome game started.

i was selling tickets on the buy/sell forum for tonight's game 2. i sold 4, 2 people buying pairs of tickets each.

here's the email correspondence from the buyer, King of 40 Acres, and myself.

Ko40A : I'll take 2 tickets for $100 ... I can paypal you the money if they are e-tickets or meet you before the game to exchange for cash.

Me : It'd be best to meet before the game and exchange cash for tickets.

if i can have your number, that'd be good. mine is XXX XXX XXXX.

you can give me a call when you get to toyota center. i plan to be there early about 7-715 ish.

please don't back out at last minute since i'll be stuck with extra tickets =)

thanks

please reply with your contact info.

Ko40A : Cool I can do that for sure - 2 tickets for $100

My name is XXXXX and my cell phone no. is XXX-XXX-XXXX and I can definitely meet you at the Toyota Center before the game - but let's plan a specific place and time- so whatever works best for you- I was at the game last night and I think that water fountain directly in front of the arena will work the best. But just send me an e-mail and let me know where/when you want to meet up.

Me : Hey,

that sounds good.

i will save your number so in case i need to call you tomorrow when we meet, hope you do the same. again, XXX XXX XXXX.

i'm not sure where the fountain is, but me and my friends usually meet by the box office/will call area, where there is a big inflatable R, i thought that was the main entrance.

is meeting by the will call window okay? how does 7:15 sound to you? too early or too late?

let me know,
    thanks

Ko40A : Sounds good to me- I can meet you at 7:15 by the Will Call Window. I'll be wearing a throwback Rockets hat backwards and my old man will be with me - but I'll call you or feel free to call me if we don't see each other by 7:30

Once again thanks for hooking it up with the tickets, I really appreciate it.

the guy shows up at toyota center at 640, and calls me when i'm about to leave my house. i tell him i'll be there at 7:15, and he says okay.

he calls me 15 minutes later, when i'm on my way to toyota center, and tells me he's just gonna buy tickets from the box office. he's gonna buy the 40 dollar tickets. i remind him that i told him not to back out at the last minute. the only thing the guy can say is "i'm sorry dude" over and over again... what a joke...

at this point, i had already turned down some other people who responded from craigslist. it doesn't give me enough time to find anyone to sell it to. the few people i try to call already have tickets.

i had to end up walking around toyota center like an idiot trying to dump off tickets for as good i could get it. i end up selling 50 dollar tickets for 20 dollars apiece..

i just think it's messed up that someone would do that to someone else after giving them their word. let's keep our deals people.

i am however, ecstatic with the win. thanks to the other buyer, poster myco, for showing up and actually delivering on your word.

EDIT: i was selling these at face value as well.

/end vent

#1 airbulllard, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

let vince young be judge jury

and executioner.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ive had that same thing happen before but it was with really expensive tix.

pissed me off to no end.

:(

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Hey, let's throw one another under the bus for having second thoughts and saving money! Better yet, let's realize that it wasn't a contract!

(no, I do not know Kof40A)

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

he deserves to get thrown under a bus. he knew the price of the tickets, apparently face value, and he changed his mind to be a cheapskate on cheaper tickets, leaving the seller high and dry. not the worse thing someone's ever done but cleary a dick move, that i have a hard time understanding why you'd defend.

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Yeah, it sucks, but why didn't you just use the ticket(s) for yourself and go into the TC? Screw profit, loss, or whatever. Attending a Rockets playoff game: PRICELESS!

7. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

of course i had my own tickets dude.

8. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

That's totally lame.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Totally!

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Technically, it is a contract.

12. Cesar^Geronimo

Honestly -- it's good when someone tells us that another board member can not be trusted (I'm assuming the whole story is true - and at this point have not reason to think otherwise). Often we "trust" people because they are part of "clutchfans" and we feel like we know them. If their is someone we shouldn't be trusting to keep his word it is good to know.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yes, he had the right to get the tickets from the box office instead of the buyer like he promised. Doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Contracts don't have to be written.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

probably best not to screw someone over like that if you post here..

16. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

That was wrong.

17. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

Totally wrong. Probably some kid who has no idea of respect or responsibilty.

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

he's a longhorn. i assume that' make him at least 18 years old. that was pretty f*cked up on Ko40A part. he deserves to be called out. even if KoA couldn't make to the game for whatever reason, he still would owe the money on principle alone.

19. myco

myco Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that, but our transaction was smooth. A+++++++++ Seller! :)

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

IMO it was not a contract.

From my understanding, had airbullard given Ko40A the tickets and Ko40A promised to pay him $100 later and b****ed out then whether it was written or not there would have been a contract as Ko40A would have been enriched (ie attended the game for free).

Ko40A was under no obligation to purchase from airbullard. airbullard could have sold the tickets to anyone, leaving Ko40A sol. With that said, it wasn't the right thing to do especially to a board member who is trying to help out a fellow fan for face value.