1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Venting] Shady activity by poster King of 40 Acres

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by airbulllard, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

KO40A has offered to handle the situation with monetary compensation...I think. I understand air's concern but since they did have a way to communicate other than this forum maybe a conclusion was jumped to prematurely.

I have left tix for members here that have gone unclaimed at my shows but would never call them out for not showing up and not giving reasons why.

This is a great place for favors, I owe favors here and am owed favors but in the name of good taste this is a thread (IMHO) that should have never happened.

Get together for a beer guys, and Ko40a, leave your dad at home this time! ;)

2. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Actually, contracts are made before money changes hands.

Regardless of the legality, what you did sucks. What is your word now worth?

Most of what occurs between people is based on our integirty, morals and ethics, not laws. Although he might even have a civil suit recourse (he clearly incurred opportunity costs), what you did was just plain wrong.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sorry to this but his explaination is weak (bs). The guy could have told the seller to walk with him to the entrance to confirm the tix were real. If it smells like BS, its probably BS

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Cohen

Why not?

Things were much clearer and I imagine people acted much better in general when we all lived in small communities for our entire lives. What you did, how you acted, was quickly known by all and would follow you your whole life.

We have a community here and I doubt airbullard would have been quite as accomodating and trusting if it weren't for this BBS connection.

6. Cohen

That's quite a pile there, Smokey. :D

7. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

airbullard why dont you call out the other clutchfan who backed out the first time you posted the tickets?

if your whole purpose is to let everyone else know who keeps their word and who to trust when selling, then you might as well tell on everyone, right?

40 was wrong. But so was the first guy.

the difference was the time it happened, yes a big difference but if the purpose is to air out ppl who backed out on their word then why does time make a difference both backed out at the end of the day

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

100% agree.

If it was your dad's call, then you shouldn't have offered to make the deal in the first place.

You say you are 22 and not a kid, but by your explanation, that is exactly what you come across as being.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^ What he said...

And Smokey, there is sufficient evidence for the dog piling... ;) lol...

10. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

there is a difference between pulling out 2 days before the game and 30 minutes before the game. you guys need to stop trying to justify what KO40A did. what he did was wrong.

11. Pocket Rockets

time does make a difference...it allows the seller another opportunity to sell the tickets.
    I dont believe we know how much time it took for the original buyer to back out either..maybe it was only 5 min after he agreed to buy the tickets. we need that to be clarified.

im glad this thread was made (besides the entertainment), it allows us to be cautious when exchanging/selling anything to another bbser.

i do trust this site but it is a reality check at times.

K40A - why didnt you just tell him the whole story over the phone, maybe he wouldve understood? (unless you did and airbullard didnt mention it here)

i think it was a dick move on your part though...you should have sold it to your dad that it was a fellow bbser and you felt you could trust him more then the average scalper.

1 person likes this.
  12. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

not trying to justify, if you read my post i said: 40 was wrong.

just saying if someone backed out they backed out, but like i said, he was wrong

13. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

the other guy was from craigslist, btw. anyways, he gave me enough time to try to sell it to other people. i wouldn't have minded if 40 acres said no at least a day in advance, not 15 minutes before we were supposed to meet. the other guy 'backed out' as in he was thinking about it before saying no. i was holding it for him to think about it, because there was time left for me to sell it to someone else.

i don't see how you came up with this risk crap, 40 acres. when you called me yesterday all you could say was "i'm sorry" "i'm sorry", and then you just hung up. i don't see how you can deny that you screwed me over. i don't think it's my fault for not taking risk into account...

should i have given you some recommendations? we had talked just 10 minutes before you had bought your other tickets. i didn't even think of you backing out like that cuz i've dealt with other CFers before selling tickets and also meeting them before the game.

and i don't think King of 40 Acres was offering monetary compensation, Another Brother. all i know is i'm not wrong in any way in this situation. i don't want your money either. but it'd be cool if you donated $30 bucks to the tipjar, that's only half the money i lost.

i think this thread has gone long enough. i'd much rather be reading the GARM.

mods can you lock the thread?

14. superden

superden Contributing Member

Wow, clutchfans judge and jury! I am not too sure what to think about all this yet... but I believe I would be pretty hesitant selling tickets to k40a now...

15. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

he didn't mention anything except that he bought tickets for 40 from box office and that he was sorry.

okay i'm done!! ;)

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

i didnt direct it at you, but just the people in general that are trying to defend the guy. backing out 2 days in advance leaves ample time for the seller to try to find another buyer, but backing out 30 minutes before game time after agreeing to meet up leaves absolutely no time for the seller to look for another buyer. there is no way he would have gotten face value at the TC because there are so many more sellers at the game than actual buyers.

this happened to me earlier this season, but through craigslist. i only lost about 10 bucks because the seats were so cheap. either way, a loss is a loss.

----

no. the guy was selling you the tickets for face value. he never had any intention of making profit off the tickets. your argument is completely baseless.

you are reaching and making yourself look even worse. mutual risk? give me a break man. this isn't some crack deal, it's an honest person trying to sell some tickets through a source that can be assumed to be safe for sellers (buyers, too). you're dealing with a 4 year member of the BBS, not some random dude (wow the irony :eek: ) that signed up a couple days ago for the sole purpose of selling tickets. finding a cheaper deal right before game time in no way justifies your actions.

right. you did him a favor by telling him that you are screwing him over. good call.

---

i had no intention of posting a long rant in this thread, but i couldn't help it after reading KO40A's load of crap. im glad airbullard created this thread because i have used CF many times to sell tickets. i commend airbullard for the way he has handled things.

#116 thelasik, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I fully agree. 40 acres has screwed you, and his smartass "explanation" that it was your risk just makes him look even worse and confirms your account of what happened. You guys had a binding contract (yes I am a lawyer), he broke it and now tells you in a smartass way "hey that was your risk to take". Ridiculous. It's good that you started this thread so that other people will be warned not to deal with this person in the future.

Sounds like a very reasonable suggestion! I think you have handled this very well, airbullard.

18. codell

codell Contributing Member

[​IMG]

King of 40 Acres actions are lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

19. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

In the absolute opposite of this thread, I'd like to thank Miguel for getting me into Game 1. I got him into a few Astros games last year and he called me a year later when he had an extra ticket to Saturday's game. I think he even skipped going to Live before the game to make sure I got the ticket. I got to see my first playoff game thanks to his kindness.

There are some GREAT people here - don't let this thread fool you.

#119 oomp, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Well I guess you ran the risk of being called out to fellow ClutchFans when you backed out.