1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Venting] Shady activity by poster King of 40 Acres

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by airbulllard, Apr 24, 2007.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Word...

This thread can be Lindsey Lohan like...Huge...oh wiat..

2. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

sorry i bump this up again.. it really should be locked..

but i'll say one more thing. karma!!

monday before this whole thing went down, i was driving home from work and listening to 610. anyways, they had some call in prize pack for answering what country okur is from. i called in and got through, answered correctly and won the package. didn't really hear what i won, like some keychain and a flashlight, and what i thought was a Smart Auto management giftcard (had no idea what that was).

but i picked it up today and it turns out to be a VISA giftcard for 75 bucks that works anywhere. so i got more than i lost that day. sweet!

3. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

^

Karma don't like cheap people who lie when they just wanted to get cheaper tickets :p

4. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I heard that question on the drive home. Good going.

[​IMG]

5. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Well it good to know that this board can self regulate.. Good job "walkin it off" everybody..

6. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Haha I was thinking of that show when I was reading that post. Great show

7. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some b*stard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.

sorry, I couldn't resist.

8. spydermex

spydermex Member

....bein serious...kof40 is a good friend and i was just messing around makin up a story....just to mess wit him, but to clear things up, he never did ne of that crap....and he is actually a good guy, just a longhorn..lol....

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

mallrats ftw......

my cousin Walter bought this cat....... :p

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

there's no shame in taking the biggest dump....the kind were cant even see the water ne more....and didnt flush.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wow, if KO4A hadn't ripped you off you'd have 125 bucks now.

;)

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

all is clear, everyone is good, everyone has learned.. everyone go back to hating the jazz please

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

My favorite:

"But my cousin Walter jerked off in public once. True story. He was on a plane to New Mexico..."

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No doubt, he was probably going home to get the digital camera...dumps like that are noteworthy !

DD

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

how could you think they were fake tickets? wasn't the cash/tickets exchange going to happen just right outside of TC. If they were fake you were right there to confront him...

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I sold some Concert Tickets on Ebay and they were Eticket.
    I sold it to some dude in Austin for a Houston concert.
    He backed out caused they were E-Tickets and he wanted me to be at the concert to be there when they scan the tickets. This really ticked me off, I told him to F$#$ Off. I have an excellent sellers rating and was insulted this jerk thought I was trying to rip him off. I gave him some really really bad feedback.
    why did he even bother going on ebay? I feel bad for you Airbullard.

Kof40A,
    Don't ever screw over a seller like that. its not cool, if you NEVER trusted him and had second thoughts, you should have NEVER agreed to buy it from him in the first place.

Also, this gives the Clutchfans a bad name. There's a certain trust factor amongst us Clutchfans that you've messed up. If we wanted to screw over people, why would we go on a Rockets board to do that?

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude, Ko40a already explained why.

The original post needs a thread summary.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Well did he c*m?

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

damn... I only got through page 6 before I was compelled to post...

a couple of lessons to be learned.. I always try to play Devils Advocate

to the seller/original poster: I guess you should have taken him up on his offer to use paypal... none of this would have happened and it would have been on you to deliver the goods... the guy showed up, earlier than planned,albeit, and his dad made the ultimate decision...

to the buyer: I guess since you feel like by showing up almost 45 minutes in advance and listening to your father, you felt like it was out of your control... but at the same time, you never should have made a promise to take the tickets if you were on the fence...

to all the other posters: it must be dificult to explain to your dad that "he is a trusted member of an internet commnity"... dads dont really get what the bbs community is all about... dad was ready to buy legit tickets and didnt feel like waiting for 40 minutes for what he thought was a scalper...

and just to reiterate what another poster said, and funny he mentioned it, because I was thinking of KO40acres just five minutes before reading this thread... the dude offered his NBA League Pass sign-in and password for all members of cf.net to use during the push for homecourt.... I was watching broadband on KO40acres dime until someone logged in and changed his password and I reset my cookies.... I guess you could call it Karma...

what goes around comes around...

so can I get that password, King?

20. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

:D :D :D

Anyway, atleast KO4A donated $30 to the tip jar. It helps his reputation
    somewhat in this bbs. But still... it will never be the same.