1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

i'm already regretting wading into this fascinating conversation, but...

is this Anais still sticking with DW? Um, like, o-m-g... why??

2. Major

Major Member

Is this really that complicated? Athletes cheat on their partners all the time - sometimes even with their own teammates' partners. It's likely not a secret within their own circles, and most of them stay together. People stay with abusers and all sorts of other much worse stuff too. As of now, all this really is is that Watson cheats on her (a lot). The rest is up for debate at this point. Its even possible she knew about it.

It's funny to see people (not you) turning Watson into this terrible trash of a human being based on the cheating (the assault claims, if shown to be true, are obviously a whole different story). It's as though they think every other athlete they cheer for is Tim Tebow.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. raining threes

I've been over myself for yrs.

I would suggest you do the same.

4. raining threes

Are you defending Watson?

Are you saying the things he was, is doing isn't trashy?

5. raining threes

Where do you get this idea from. I dont claim to know anything for sure. I just put out there what a friend of mine who would know tells me. Posters can either choose to believe what I've heard or not. Their choice.

I'm certainly not a know it all nor do I like to be portrayed in that light.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean cheating is kinda a dick move.not saying it isn't common place. But it's still a dick move.

raining threes likes this.
  7. raining threes

For the record I wasn't a Tebow fan.

Neither was I a fan of DW4 before all of these sordid details came out.

8. raining threes

He's excusing bad behavior. I personally dont care what players do in their personal lives, but Watson stepped way over the line. IMHO

I'm just glad he drew his line at sexual assault. Part of this for me may be that after signing a 156 million dollar contract Watson wanted to be traded six months later. Something a trashy person would do.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More social media attention maybe.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I mean a bit broad of a generalization. Sure some people stay with cheating partners or abusers. Not all. Probably not most. And it’s not as if she wasn’t successful on her own. DW money? Probably not but doing fine. Not that money ain’t the only reason people staying with cheating partners... but situation, which includes money, plays a big role. Not married, no kids, could take care of herself, could even use the incident to increase her exposure, etc.

As for DW... I make no judgments on certainly the criminality or know anything about whether real assault took place. However I feel with every confidence this was not moral. Not because he liked to have certain devious things done. But because he did so in a way that - he hasn’t seemed to refudiate - that was serial, highly planned and highly thought out in a way that indeed put the other person in compromised positions. It wasn’t meeting girls at clubs, getting their contact info and being Tiger Woods about it. In no scenario would I ever want my daughter or anyone I care about put in the situation DW was putting these women in .... EVEN if they were 100% cool about it.

absolutely ... not all athletes are saints. Of course. But in this case, it was definitely shocking. From Just who DW as presented himself to be, to the entire saga around his trade requests. All very shocking imo.

3Rings and raining threes like this.
  11. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I'm not defending Watson. It's no secret that even before the trade request and these allegations, you did not want Watson on the roster. I just know that you are using the allegations as an opportunity to pile on, attack a player, his friends and even the college he attended.

Some would consider it trashy to be running around, posting on multiple Texans' forums calling people trashy. Like you said, trash begets trash.

#2451 3Rings, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    clos4life and jiggyfly like this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yet you called his girlfriend trash going by a pic and you are in here claiming a gospel something you heard 3rd person and have no direct knowledge off.

Seems Legit.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It certainly comes across as trashy, or at the very least tacky, you have to admit that. However, it doesn't automatically mean they are trashy but they are partaking in trash-like behavior is all.

raining threes likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No I don't.

People have been flipping off cameras for years and no I have never thought it was trashy.

Since when is this thought of as trashy behavior and not just expressing how you feel?

Do you know what was said before the pic by the person taking the picture.

Talk about being a snowflake with all of the pearl clutching.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Not me -- I respect cameras AND women.

16. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Based on someone taking a picture without your permission and giving them the finger when you know they will distribute it, there are many words (ill-advised, immature, silly, stupid, tacky) you could use before you get to trashy.

Search this forum or any Texans' forum for "Clemson trash" and you will see that's his schtick. It has nothing to do with that picture or even the allegations.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...r-david-johnson.304388/page-119#post-13519765

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/fire-jack-easterby.308334/page-43#post-13508638

17. raining threes

He did it to himself.

Some wouldn't give two shtz what you think.

BTW, what in the hell are you talking about.

18. raining threes

I'm not claiming anything,

I just put out what I've heard.

Posters can choose to believe or not believe.

19. raining threes

Stick your fingers up Watson's butt and search.

He would enjoy it.

Yes the Clemson trash needs to go.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes you did claim that since he was a minority owner it should be believed.

But whatever.