1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. raining threes

Both

And I agree with you and this is one of the main reasons I said Easterby should've been part of a full and thorough housecleaning. But I dont blame Easterby for not cleaning out all of the Clemson trash. That was a McNair call. Easterby was only the messenger. That's probably why Cal didn't kill the messenger.

2. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I can do without the unnecessary Clemson trash comment, but your points are duly noted. If that's the case, Cal hired a messenger for his culture coach and then promoted the messenger to EVP. No wonder this franchise is in such a mess.

raining threes and UTSA2step like this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Easterby blew the whistle on Deshaun Watson's out of control sexual behavior. He HAD to do so, in hopes of trying to prevent the crisis that we are currently in... and did so to try to protect not only Watson, but also the team... Easterby was doing his job. Quite frankly, staging an intervention with Watson's mother, which appears to be why Watson was so upset, was done to HELP Watson. Let's be honest -- Watson needed the help.

Now that all the information on the table, it is abundantly clear that Easterby was trying to help. And Watson's public relations campaign to make Easterby the villain was to try to get out of town before the SHTF... which sadly didn't work out. So many fans were completely duped (some wanted Watson making the GM hiring decision!), and didn't even realize what was happening to them. The media controls so many people's thinking.

whag00 and raining threes like this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

repeating delusional bullshit over and over doesn't make it true.
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/do-you-think-texans-are-behind-texans-watson-allegations.310920/
    go over there and spread your delusional bs.

3Rings likes this.
  5. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

raining threes likes this.
  6. raining threes

Agreed

And obviously the comment in light of what's currently going on is absolutely necessary.

7. raining threes

Can you imagine if Cal had allowed Watson to make the calls on the GM,HC hires.

The media is evil and people who take their words as gospel are frankly dumb.

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

25 pages to start this thread of people who were DEAD WRONG about the entire situation and got played by Deshaun Watson's public relations campaign in the media. It took 25 pages before I was able to come in and rescue this thread. I hope the first 25 pages are never deleted so that people can learn a valuable lesson of not believing everything they hear in the press. My instincts, once again, were spot on.

It's actually quite dangerous for our society for so many people to not be able to think independently. I'm concerned for our future.

raining threes likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can keep sniffing easterby *******, delusional dude.
    Try spreading your bs in this https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/do-you-think-texans-are-behind-texans-watson-allegations.310920/.
    U might find like minded kindred who r also sniffing the same bullsht.

I am not the guy that wanted Dw4 to be picking who the gm, I am the dude that wants front office to keep their word.

If u promise a player something, stand abide it otherwise don't be btching when a player doesn't honor his contract, trust goes both ways.

If u can't see that, then your head is soo far up easterby ass, it might b too late.

UTSA2step likes this.
  10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

You mad because you wrong, rookie. Lashing out isn't a good look, either. OUCH

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of business: what is the perspective of the Mexican industrialists on this sordid tale?

12. raining threes

Google the definition of the word input.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U can keep eating up easterby bullshit along with jorge

Jwise44 likes this.
  14. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Making up situations in your head of how it went down because that backs up your opinion does not make them true

as someone said, Watson having done bad things and easterby being incompetent can both be true

easterby was on the bill O’Brien screw up, he is not cut out for this job

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Our best hope for "firing" Jack Easterby is that Easterby finds a more appealing organization to leach onto.

16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

LMAO - we are now on the third month of people being "outraged" at Easterby, despite not knowing a single specific reason why. And now you are accusing others of making things up. Now that's rich!

It's easy to fool people, but what's hard is convincing people that they've been fooled. You'll get there, my man!

17. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Some people have made stuff up and speculated about easterby, yea...I’m just pointing out you’re doing what you accuse others of doing and have railed against it constantly...so you’re a hypocrite. You are someone that only believes you can be correct and so when speculation helps your cause, it’s allowed, but when it doesn’t you say it’s not allowed.

And how can you possibly say we have no reason to hate easterby? Texans ownership and management has been a mess...he’s been a part of that.

I’m totally willing to listen to reason, but I’m mad at easterby because he should not be in the position he’s in. He isn’t qualified. He was attached to the bill O’Brien era and only got more power...that shouldn’t happen

we have reasons not to like easterby, how can you say we don’t?

anyways, I can see the type of hypocritical person you become in arguments, and someone like that isn’t worth it engaging with, so this is my last time

DatRocketFan likes this.
  18. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol...go ahead and take the loss on this one.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No, not Watson, me.. or anyone on this board or media, could have picked a better GM, or at the very least BETTER COACH. Watson and Easterby can both suck. It’s ok, it’s possible. Stop defending Easterby while condemning Deshaun. THEY BOTH SUCK

Jwise44 likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fire Cal McNair.

Make rich people smart again(?)

BMoney and conquistador#11 like this.