1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Hardaway: 'I Hate Gay People'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Faos, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

And I guess that above post wasn't directed to you, I just read your post wrong. I thought you were stating your opposition to gay and lesbian couples adopting instead of asking a valid question.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree with you (noting the sarcasm). Somehow, I doubt Panda does though.

3. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

This is based on what evidence / theory / contemporary diagnostic framework, exactly - you talking off the top of your head? Please, tell me your criteria for mental illness, and identify the objective impairment to the person afflicted with this Homosexuality Disorder.

Two adults love each other, are happy, healthy, monogamous, successful, charitable, contribute to their community, and you think its a mental illness - I look forward to hearing more on this theory sixty years ago. In other news, World War Two is almost over and black people are about to be admitted into Major League Baseball.

4. Party Boy

Party Boy Member

I've also seen kids raised by gay parents turn out to be gay.

I have friends who are a gay couple who adopted a boy when he was just a baby. The kid is like 7 or 8 now, and I think its too soon to say he's gay but the kid acts like a girl and talks like a flaming gay guy.

5. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Instinct. No conscience about what they are doing, or why. I believe humans are more than mere animals.

6. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. In fact, you'll have a difficult time finding any respectable psychiatrist that believes it's still a disorder. But what do they know, they've only spent their entire lives researching this type of thing.

7. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

i personally am against homosexuality. doesn't make me a hater though. i know that gays can still be good people. it's not like since they're gay, they're automatically evil and are programmed to be do only things of the evil kind. :p

parents who are against homosexuality shouldn't teach their children that gays are inherently bad, and are "yucky". i think there should be an understanding that gays just prefer people of their own sex. i certainly dont condone it, but in this age people are just going to have to accept that there are going to be gays.

8. durvasa

We can't assume that a gay person showering with men will have the same feelings of arousal as a straight man showering with ladies. One obvious difference is gay guys are much more familiar with male nudity on an everyday basis and in a non-sexual way then straight guys would be with female nudity. I mean, it's not like they're getting an erection whenever they take a shower or have to use the restroom.

9. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

edit... (sorry, madmax for not responding to your post in the other thread about amaechi. man... i'm sure i have more "edits" than anybody). heat of the moment post regarding some of the clutchfans posts here. your question needs no response to some of the posts in this thread as to why it's a big deal.

signed,
    former fan of run t.m.c. that's all.

#89 OmegaSupreme, Feb 15, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  10. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

And I've met kids that were raised by straight couples that were very feminine at a young age. Gay is not a disease, you can't just catch it from someone.

I went to elementary, junior high and high school with this kid. He was a year older than me, but I always questioned why he was far more woman-like than any of the boys I had known in elementary. Of course back then, I had no clue what the hell gay was, but I knew something was different about this kid.

By the time I reached high school, when he was a sophomore, it was pretty clear that this kid was gay. Though I never knew and really didn't care. Yet recently (within the year) I noticed he had added a girl I dated in high school to his Myspace friends list and so I was curious to see what his profile said. I clicked it and sure enough, he was gay.

A kid that grew up LDS (I live in Salt Lake), in a home with a mother and father, showed very early on signs that he might be gay. And he was, so obviously these were feelings he had throughout his entire life, even when not raised by a gay couple.

The fact is, you're going to see gay parents raise gay kids, just as you're going to see straight parents raise gay kids. It's the law of averages and nothing more. The parents gay-ness is not rubbing off their kids, just like a parent's straight-ness hasn't rubbed off on gays.

11. durvasa

And I know people who were raised by straight, Christian, conservative parent and they turned out to be gay.

If children of gay parents statistically are more likely to be openly gay, that just means they don't have to deal with the same pressures to deny their natural sexual orientation.

12. astrorockette

astrorockette Member

How dumb do you have to be to say this out loud, and in public no less? I honestly think he's an idiot, but at least he can admit he has issues. Maybe he'll get help for them. I personally have no problems with gay people. Actually I have more problems with straight guys than I have with gay ones. But maybe thats because I know a gay guy will never tear my heart out, cuz he wouldn't be interested in me in the first place. Ah the small comforts of the world.

I'd feel more than ackward. I'd feel violated and uncomfortable and really pissed off they let a guy in the girls locker room. So I understand Tim's point on that. It'd be weird and distracting.

They can reproduce. They just can't reproduce with each other. Gay people are, however, still genetically capable of reproduction.

I HATE MEN WHO CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES. YES, THAT MEANS YOU KOBE. I think my husband cheating on me would quite possibly be the worst thing he could do to me. Ok maybe not the most but its a close second to being abused.

There's still an undercurrent of segregation everywhere. We just don't talk about it, since apparently racism doesn't exist anymore. :rolleyes:

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

you're right, i'm just trying to understand the perspective of being apprehensive about a gay man in the lockerroom.

i get that not every single straight man will be comfortable with the idea of taking a shower next to an openly gay man. it's just not going to happen.

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

At least he's honest. He's completely wrong for saying that, but the fact is there are many players around the NBA who feel the same way.

Like someone else said, personally as a Christian I'm against homosexuality and I definitely would feel quite awkward sharing a locker room/shower with a gay person or playing contact sports. It would be awkward and distracting. But I have no problems relating to them as people -- they are human beings just like I am and I have no right to judge them. For him to say he "hates"/ or doesn't "like" gay people is completely wrong. And really stupid, too.

But he's being honest, and the fact is that there are many who feel the same way. It's probably a racial/cultural thing ... it doesn't surprise me at all that a large group of young, uber-athletic superstar African American alpha males has such a strong aversion to homosexuality. I'm not really into political correctness -- I believe black people are much more likely to be anti-homosexuality than whites. Probably treading into D&D territory there.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

When did people's sex lives become a public topic?

Don't ask, don't tell.....

DD

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Good grief. This thread is disturbing.

A gross percentage of you people are seriously bigoted.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate homophobic twits. I have a special hatred for the morons that equate consensual sex between adults with pedophilia.

18. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Spoken like a true homo... :p

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

seriously...

coming from a background of arts and entertainment, some of my best friends and mentors are gay... some of them came out later than others, some were open about it since they were teenagers...

we as friends, as HUMAN BEINGS, need to accept other humans, no matter their sexual identity, race, religion, or beliefs...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL

http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/2006/06/the_gay_animal_kingdom.php

20. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Ask hotballa about that.