1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on JR Smith with the TPE?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scolalist, Aug 23, 2010.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This guy is a ****ing dumbass. My favorite recent JR moment was when he played in this year's summer league and proceeded to chuck EVERY TIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL... in a SUMMER LEAGUE GAME. He ended up like 2 for 14 or something.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If we didn't trade Ariza yet, I would have moved him for JR Smith. Not sure if hes a "Type-Morey" player, but if he isn't, its only a one year rental. But now that we have Lee, no need for another wing.

See what? Hit open threes? I wouldn't mind that at all. I could care less that he celebrates. Hell, fans seeing him get animated will help the fans get into the game more.

3. Htown's2kFinest

You're such a big Von Wafer fan but he's isn't much more than a poor man's JR. Smith's bigger than him with better ball-handling and better finishing at the rim. If Von played so well off on Yao, imagine JR here. Don't see why he gets so much bad rep here. He's a high energy guy like Von and feeds off the crowd. At least he isn't acting like the man running the team *cough* Melo *cough* saying which player should start. I could see him playing a role like Wafer did when he was with us.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I can't stand that mother ****er. Would actually hope he sucks if he ever joined the Rockets and would cheer every time he missed a shot.

If we have to take cause of Melo then its different.

5. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Uhhh looking at the boxscore...yes

6. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

my bad

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Why? That would cost us losing games, your pathetic.

8. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

this might be somewhat of a good sign for rockets chances on getting melo. if they want to let go of J.R. then they may want to be in a rebuilding mode. we got young talented guys and plenty of draft picks for that. i wouldn't want J.R. on the rockets though. i couldn't see any chemistry work with him.

9. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

Beating the Lakers 113-99? Yes of course I want to see that every game. :p

He showing emotion here, in his own special way, but that's all it is. JR would be a nice addition except we have no room/minutes for him. But he's one of the best sparks off the bench in the league in my opinion. Not sure he would fit in though with our roster.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's a rich man's Von Wafer. He can really score, has handles, and is definitely athletic. The only thing that keeps him from being a third option on a good team is that he is dumb as rocks. Zero understanding of the game.

I don't hate or love specific players as much as most posters so I'm much less passionate about a guy like JR. But, the Rockets really don't need him. Maybe I would have been in favor of this when we really needed offense but we have more than enough scorers. We actually need versatile two-way players to replace some of them now...JR ain't that.

You would cheer for him to hurt the rockets by missing shots? :confused:

11. herro

herro Member

I would approve only if he was a guy we had to take back in order to acquire Carmelo.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

1. Because if they trade Melo, they are likely in the lottery. This could turn out to be a top pick.

2. Because we may need to take on J.R.'s expiring in order to go after the Paul/Okafor combo if they become available at the deadline.

I'm not advocating trading for him to have him on the team. He is is on the all-time knucklehead starting 5. I'm saying there is a possibility of flipping his expiring in combination with some of our other expirings and assets to get a superstar.

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

DD,

I think you owe him a response. Why were you such a Von-nite, praising his energy and excusing his emotional nature yet you are repulsed by JR Smith? Is it simply a blatant contradiction existing only since Von played in Houston? Fess up...

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Von was not nearly the level of JR Smith....and Von never made $6 million dollars for being an energy guy either.

Once we got Chase Budinger though, we no longer had a place for Von......and we have NEVER had a place for JR Smith.

That guy is a cancer, and while Von may have been called Radio, JR is full blown moran.

JR's character and history are in play, we do not need players like that on this team, he is not worth the risk......

DD

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

JR Smith available for trade? maybe Kevin Martin goin to Denver? hmm..

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wait. Are you saying Smith is a leader in Tug and Barge Services on the United States East and Gulf Coasts or are you comparing him to Congressman Jim Moran of Virginia's 8th district? Because if so, that's a low blow. I know he killed a guy and choked a girl in a night club, but nobody deserves to be likened to a congressman.

[​IMG]

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

There is absolutely, positively, 100% NO FREAKIN' WAY the Nuggets offer up an UNPROTECTED first rounder in any variation of a trade that involves them shipping Carmelo Anthony out of Denver. That is franchise suicide. Even if the Nuggets offered up a first rounder to rid themselves of JR in a larger Anthony trade (and I highly doubt they'd do so in the first place), it would likely be so protected (and the Nuggets would be just bad enough for long enough) that the pick would probably end up being a 2014 mid-first rounder.

To take on that monument of intellectual sterility? Uh . . . no, thanks.

18. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Comparing JR to Wafer is wrong imo. A much better comparison is Mad Max. They're both energy guys who will take every shot if you let them. Both can get really hot or really cold. Both have some crazy in their game. Both have some off the court issues. Also, both are known for locking down their generations best player and letting it be known. Max with Jordan and JR with Kobe.

19. devilsdandruff

why would we want JR Smith.

20. Wolfhound

Wolfhound Member

I agree, this guy is a loser!