1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THIS JUST IN! TRADE COMING! (Moochie For Weatherspoon)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET RICH NYC, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Naturally - got to say I'm glad. :D

And for those who are actually b****ing about this - you're kidding, right? It's basically Moochie for Spoon. Junk for junk. Who cares?

The biggest benefit for the Rockets right now is that they have one less contract year to worry about, right?

2. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

I give you 100 shots at coming up with a better trade for Moochie and Meech.

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

His NBA file gives no indication of being on a NBA roster this season.

Tierre Brown

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Has that quitter A-Train posted yet?

;)

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks Mango. Wonder if he caught on with a team in the European league. Have to think that the Rockets have thrown his name around as someone to sign.

7. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

It goes beyond that. Rather than taking a chance on possible negative reactions from Moochie's friends on the team by putting him at the end of the Rockets bench, he is moved elsewhere. They (friends) will miss him, but better gone than at the end of the Rockets bench.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wow, I took a nap, got up to catch the Holiday Bowl, and now this. In the words of Hank Hill, "What the...?":confused:

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Good move.........Way to go Rockets!

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Look at that! LOOK AT IT! IT'S GONE! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!

:D

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Burn in Hell TLD!!!!!

Bawahahahahahaha!!!!!

:) :) :)

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Regarding Witherspoon, I used to go to a few knicks games with a buddy of mine, a casual knicks fan, who had company seats. Anyway, IIRC, his evaluation of WItherspoon was thus: "I don't just not like him, I actively dislike him. I want him out of the NBA."

It is true that he was pretty damned useless looking out there. Fat and short is not a good combo in women or power forwards.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

thats gold ha ha hahaha. could spoon have been bought to houston to replace calvin cato or MOT? pending a trade. i get the feeling something else is on the way

14. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Hell Shandon Anderson coming back would've been better. With Spoon he sits or Cato or Taylor looses mins.

15. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Mo Taylor might be on his way out!

Good Luck MOOCHIE.

16. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Got to be some more movement in this team.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

That's funny. It sounds like he is describing Mooch.

18. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Senseless trade, IMO, but atleast we got rid of Moochie who had no skills, and got a decent undersized rebounder in return. I strongly believe another deal will be made (a blockbuster one) and either Cato/Taylor will be gone. Although, I dont want to see EITHER of them leave. Both are playing the best basketball of their careers and are strong vital pieces to the team. I dunno, but I'm also thinking the next trade brings in a backup PG, because I just dont think Wilks is ready to play contributing minutes on a playoff team. Maybe somethin like Cato/Mobley/trade exception for Wallace/McInnis is in the works? I dunno, but I like this small, subtle step to improving the team, and trust that CD/Rudy/JVg know what they are doing.

19. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Something has to be in the works b/c this team is near the edge of Lottery for awhile. Not counting the last 4 years. I fault the entire office for not revamping this team in traing camp. Jackson and Pikawski was not enough never fix the problem they had.

20. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I had a thought. I want you cap experts to tell me if Im wrong about this, please.

Could it be possible that the Rockets trader for "spoon" to say..........couple him with Cato or MoT for Wallace, or someother disgruntled player. Wouldnt it make it easier for the salaries to match or since his contract ends soon it would an incentive for taking him?

I would like feedback.....BURN me baby :D