1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Summertime "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 5, 2008.

1. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I think if I'm going to spend nine million for the next two years, I'd rather see Mike Miller. Mobley is good, but undersized and Miller has the size and range. Either way, it's a long shot.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Two days after I posted it.

:p :p :p

3. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

the clippers would NEVER NEVER NEVER do that trade. this trade is ridiculous. they give up their top 4 players for only one of our top players? sterling is cheap but not an idiot.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't think Memphis does this. I'm sure they can get much better deals for Lowry. Jackson/Francis/1st Rounder for Miller is a maybe. Portland won't do that trade either, not after the year Outlaw had. We could probably get Frye with the right package.

You can't trade a pick for a player, can you? I thought picks no longer had cash value... Regardless, I don't think #25 in this year's draft is better than Jarrett Jack anyway. As for the Memphis part, see my previous comments.

Again, I don't think Portland is eager to move Outlaw for Battier (especially Outlaw and Frye) after the season Outlaw had.

5. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I wish this trade could work, but to be honest, I can't see Memphis doing that. Bj would be a good veteran guard for them, but that was what Stoudamire was supposed to be before they bought him out. The point is that they don't want guards, they have the same problem we do...to many guards. They have Navarro, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley, Jarvis Crittenton, and Aaron Mckie (although Mckie will probably be released). Any trade with them, they are going to try to dump Brian Cardinal on. They paid him and Jason Collins big money and neither are performing the way the team wants. They are also going to want either Scola or Landry in the trade.

So realistically if you want Mike Miller, you are going to have to trade away Landry, and probably Bobby Jackson to make the deal work with maybe Justin Reed or Jackie Butler. In addition they are going to want us to take Brian Cardinals 6 mil a year contract for the next two seasons to sit on the bench. They are in the drivers seat because they aren't trying to sell so they can get what they want. If Miller was in the last year of his contract or he could opt out and indicated he didn't want to be there, then the Rockets would have more room to work with.

6. fayesun

fayesun Member

How about that PG came from D-League and is currently in Bucks' rosters? He is the guy who dedicated 24 assists one night and averaged 10+ assists in April, the guy who killed the Wizards at the very end of that game. Clutch shot and unselfishness make me think he has a bright future.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Maggette is probably walking anyway, and it isn't like they are doing so great with those players. The idea for them is to blow up the team and build through the draft and FA around Yao (and maybe hope that Shaun Livingston can come back and be special). If they took the option without Batman, they would only have Yao, Cat, and Tim Thomas under contract beyond next season. That is a lot of cap room and a low draft pick, and they would have the FA magnets of Yao and being in LA. Sterling has too long a history of getting rid of talent instead of paying them for me to believe that he would absolutely refuse a trade like this.

8. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

trade b-jax and luther (maybe future protected 1st rd pick) for mike miller
    sign DIOP ,then let morey go draft crazy :D

9. beatpole

beatpole Member

get danny granger for head hayes bjax and maybe brooks

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Random Carmelo Question

Ok this is basically a random trade thread so if it needs to be combined mods you guys can, but...

Carmelo is basically being discussed for Jefferson straight up and if they will do that trade why wouldn't they do something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...~376~1781&teams=10~10~10~10~7~7~7~7&te=&cash=

I figure we can afford some depth for a player like Carmelo on this team.

What do you guys think?

Battier
    Scola
    Bjax
    SF3

FOR

Melo
    Atkins
    + contract fillers

11. scola4president

Um melo is not getting traded and that trade is horrible delete this crap thread

12. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Ok 1st off: Melo has been TOLD he is likely getting traded (or AI will but likelyhood is Melo...)

2nd: How is this trade not fair? They are giving up junk w/ Melo and getting back 2 solid role players + 2 Expirings (better than just Richard Jefferson...)

13. TracyMcCrazyeye

you just mad that your boy gettin traded. MOREY DO THIS TRADE.

melo/tmac/yao/landry/rafer=ownage

14. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

The only acceptable trade would be for Mcgrady and that is not happening.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Never, ever will happen, the deal is horrible for both sides!

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's a reasonable trade if they can make room for Luis and help him on defense.I think they might want a future 1st round pick too.I would like to get another 4
    in the draft before making this offer. I feel that Carmelo would still be able to get a fair share of his shots because of McGrady's passing skills.He is immature at times but I don't think of him as a headcase. He also has good defensive ability and I feel he will get better with time.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Try and work this trade on realGM, it needs a lot of massaging to begin with, all in all, bad trade.

18. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

It is not a complete trade it is basically just a beginning. They can add contract fillers/picks or whatever they want to do but I think its a pretty fair trade.

Nuggets get depth, expirings, and get a fresh start

Rockets get a SORELY NEEDED 3rd super star for when 1 of ours gets hurt.

We would need 1 more SG to have enough depth once trade is made but I like it personally.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Nuggets might be able to get a better offer but it's not an unreasonable trade. I think they might ask for a future lottery pick as well,I don't like that idea but I would be willing to do it. Getting a star like Carmelo is worth it IMO.

20. scola4president

ESPN reported yesterday that Melo will not be traded sorry whoever started this thread.