1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Summertime "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 5, 2008.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Well, with the proliferation of trade threads, it's time to take Clutch's original suggestion to put them all in one place.

Mine is Alston and Battier to Indiana for Mike Dunleavy, Shawne Williams and an exchange of our draft picks plus a protected first rounder in 2009. We get a SF who can shoot, an athletic 3/4 and a much better draft choice this year. They get a defensive stopper in Battier, a PG who makes Tinsley expendable (tradeable) and an extra first rounder next year.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I want Josh Childress!!!!!!!

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What the heck.....

Battier+Novak for the rights to Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw, Jumaine Jones
    S&T Josh Childress for Bobby Jackson + our 1st round pick

PG: Alston / Brooks / Francis
    SG: T-Mac / Fernandez / Head
    SF: Outlaw / Childress / Harris
    PF: Scola / Landry / Hayes
    C: Yao / Hayes

Not going to happen....but that's my random trade. :D

4. AXG

AXG Member

Not enough height if Yao goes down again.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Alston and Battier to Toronto for Calderon and Kapono.

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Luther Head and Loren Woods for Joe Johnson.

There. I said it.

7. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Bobby Jackson
    C. Hayes
    Novak
    2nd Round Pick

For

Camby

8. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

luther head + pick #25 to the suns for pick #15. then draft either a wing scorer with some athleticism or a big man prospect with athelticism/size.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

All these trades are just horrible.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

In the realm of semi-potential trades, I really like your thinking. Seriously.

You get younger, more athletic and taller. I think Rudy Fernandez is the next Luis Scola type of an impact, Josh Childress is a tall solid backup, with a 50%+ shooting percentage basically every year.

Not that Adelman would ever put this lineup out there, but you'd have a crazy lineup with Tracy, Outlaw, Childress, Landry and then either Yao (making Tracy the PG) or Alston (against a team like Golden State).

I would try not to give up this year's draft choice though. Also, I don't think Jumaine Jones plays for Portland. You may have meant James Jones, which would be another great addition, imo. But that trade doesn't work. Here's one that works under the cap.

Houston Trades:
    Shane, Chuck Hayes, Aaron Brooks, Steve Novak, This year's 1st round Draft Pick, a future second round pick

Portland Trades:
    Travis Outlaw, James Jones, Channing Frye, Jarret Jack, rights to Rudy Fernandez

But even with the draft picks, unless Portland really has their eyes set on Shane, I don't see why they do this?

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Not sure exactly how we could do it, but I would really like to see Jeff Foster backing up Yao. Foster is an offensive rebounding monster and is a good low-post defender to boot. No scoring skills to speak of, but he runs the floor very well so we wouldn't waste early shot clock waiting on a guy like Deke.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

backup C: Kirk Tomas or Chris Webber (if Ademan can convience him to play again).

13. ClutchCityReturns

Strike 1

Strike 2

(I've never even heard of Kirk Tomas)

14. pchan

pchan Member

I would like to have Kobe on our team. I will give up anyone not named tmac or yao fo rhim. That way we can have Tmac be the facilitator, scores in the first half, and have Kobe be the primary scorer and closes the show. Yao can continue to dominate the post.

15. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

lol haha

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Kurt Thomas :p

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Great idea. Foster would be an awesome pickup - but, like you, don't see how it would be accomplished.

Unless you wanted to do something like:

Shane, Rafer, Bobby Jackson, Francis, Hayes, Novak
    for
    Dunleavy, Tinsley, Foster, Williams

but I don't really think that's a good trade. Mike Dunleavy's 1 ok season makes me cautious, Tinsley gives you what Rafer does, only is a considerably worse shooter (and that's hard to do).

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Chris Webber should have signed with the rockets last season.

GS didn't need him at all. I think he didn't really want to retire. He is not very old and doesn't have a ring yet.

He will be a perfect fit for our backup C position.

19. ClutchCityReturns

Bobby's contract matches Foster's, but the problem is that they're both expiring, so Bobby alone wouldn't be worth squat to the Pacers.

Many probably think it's too much to give up, but Bobby + #25 might get it done since a team like Indiana is looking more toward the future more than anything, and Foster's deal would be up after a year anyway.

20. ClutchCityReturns

He has as many rings as he does knees. That's the problem.