1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Summertime "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 5, 2008.

1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

How about we just send our 25th draft pick for Branden Wright from golden state.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_9645419?nclick_check=1

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Okay Thumbs,

This will, in all likelyhood, be my last multi-team trade proposal. It just takes too long & has thus far, been nothing but fantasy. And, with that, let's get to it.

This trade is based upon the 2 rumors at the links below.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53123/20080622/wade_trade_to_chicago_still_alive/

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53125/20080622/sonics_trying_to_deal_up_to_grab_beasley/

In the first one, Miami is rumored to be considering sending Wade to Chicago in exchange for the #1 overall pick to pair with their #2 pick so they can take Rose & Beasley in the draft.

The second one has Seattle rumored to be wanting to trade up to #2 & select Beasley. The holdup is, they don't have what Miami wants to make it happen. Enter Houston.

I'm assuming that Chicago wouldn't mind taking the 1st & 4th best players in this upcoming draft, if they are presented with the right deal (Not that I'm saying this is the right deal). But, since this is fantasy, let's assume it is. :D

Houston sends T-Mac to Miami.
    Houston sends Battier/Head/Francis/2nd round pick to Seattle.

Chicago sends #1 overall pick/Hughes/T.Thomas to Miami.
    Chicago sends 2nd round pick to Seattle.

Miami sends Marion/Blount to Houston.
    Miami sends Wade/Banks to Chicago.
    Miami sends #2 overall pick/2nd round pick to Seattle.

Seattle sends #4 overall pick/Wilcox to Miami.
    Seattle sends Green/Petro/#24 draft pick to Houston.

Houston ends up getting a replacement for T-Mac in Marion, a young SF to groom as Marion's replacement, depth at the center position, & the 24th pick to go with our 25th pick. We should be able to bundle these to move up & take Rush.

Chicago gets the only thing better than the #1 overall pick in Wade.

Miami gives up Wade/Banks for the #1 overall pick/2 semi-bad contracts & drops back 2 spots in the draft & gives up an older Marion/Blount to pick up T-Mac/Wilcox. With the 1st pick they can take Rose & one of Mayo/Bayless/Gordon/Randolph with the 4th pick in the draft.

Seattle gets Beasley with the #2 pick & picks up Battier/Head & 3 2nd round picks to go with their 2 2nd's. Francis will bring cap relief after this upcoming season. They should be able to bundle some, or all 5, 2nd round picks to move back into the lower part of the 1st round.

Well, there it is. You can either enjoy it, or pick it apart. ;) Personally, I like the other 3 trades I proposed better than this one.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I just don't like the idea of trading away McGrady. He is the ONLY guy we have who shows up and is consistant in the playoffs.

5. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I'm not sure all that's enough for McGrady, let alone all those other pieces Houston would be sending.

Besides, you don't trade a top-10 (or so) player for one lesser, but kind-of star player (Marion) and ordinary players. You either have to get back a superstar, or at least a couple of very good players.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Seattle makes out like bandits!

Losses: Green + #4
    along with: Petro + #24

Gains: #2 + Battier
    along with Head/ Francis + 3 second rounders.

So basically, they improve their draft position AND get Battier for the loss of Green AND THEN change #24 into Head/Francis and 3 second rounders!

7. Hottoddie

Should I assume you overlooked Wilcox when you made this analysis? Also, I don't consider Francis to be of any more value than an expiring contract after next season.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Any chance of getting Travis Outlaw? Would Portland be willing to give him up for Battier? Outlaw can play SF and is an athletic freak. Good ball handler, strong finisher, can block shots, good outside shooter with 3 pt range, and can take and make clutch shots.

9. Hottoddie

You don't consider Shawn Marion (15.4ppg, 10.2rpg, 2.0spg, 1.3bpg) to be a very good player? Prior to the transition after the trade last year, he'd only missed 12 games in the previous 7 years. With the exception of their ages, I'd have to consider that swap a wash. I don't believe in the addage of having to trade superstar for superstar. There are only so many true superstars in the NBA. The key is getting value that you're satisfied will carry your team to the next level.

I believe Green & Petro to be up & coming young players & then we get the 24th pick as well. I guess we just look at things a little differently.

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Tracy takes about half of our offensive load normally. Trading him for a defensive-minded player just creates even more problems for our offense.

No to trading Tracy!

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You probably should assume I overlooked Wilcox! :eek:

If he wasn't part of the deal then Seattle made out like bandits :p

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hottoddie,

As always, your trade suggestions continue to be very fair and intriguing. My only problem with your suggestion here is how we're essentially trading big for small. Trading all these backcourt players to compound our already developing logjam at the four. Scola/Landry/Hayes/Harris + Green/Marion?

I know you just throw these ideas together for fun and I don't expect you to be an expert. Just saying I have a tough time seeing how we balance out our roster after a deal like this.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Can anyone think of a trade to acquire Minnesota's 31st and 34th and/or Seattle's 32nd pick?

what about this:

Luther Head
    Chuck Hayes
    Steve Novak

for

Johan Petro
    32nd pick

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This is vintage Hottoddie. I love it, but I'm still digesting it. The other trades are more sensible but not nearly as much fun. :)

15. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I hope we can pick up Redd somehow..

16. kwng

kwng Member

I only hope we fine tune the current team and not make any major trade.
    We need to add a good PG, a decent SF/SG and a back up centre either via trade or draft. We need to off load BJackson (PG), Woods (backup C) and possibly Head (SG) if there are good offers (offers that make us better).

We maybe entering into lux tax zone depending on the FAs signing.

Hope that our team will be as below:

PGs : Rafer, Brooks, New player
    SGs/SFs : Battier, Francis (can play PG also), Harris, TMac, Head (or New player),
    PFs : Scola, Landry, Hayes, Novak
    C : Yao, Mutombo, New player

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Alston + Battier + 25th pick for Bobby Simmons + Ramon Sessions + 8th pick

Simmons isn't a bad player but he's a bust signing and has a bad contract though there's only one more season to go on it.

Sessions, Jackson, Brooks
    McGrady, Head, Francis
    Simmons, Harris(non-guaranteed)
    Scola, Landry, Novak(team option)
    Yao, Hayes, Woods(non-guaranteed)
    +8th pick (Westbrook, Alexander, or Rush?)

18. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

Devin Harris is one of their building blocks. Why on earth would they trade him for less talent?

19. battousai

battousai Member

PG - I see that we will still using Alston, and then draft a guard to patch up the hole. We have SF coming back and Bjax til deadline.

SG - this is where I see we are going to trade for, we needed a 3rd scorer and a 3rd option, go to guy.

SF - same as SG

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I say we trade Tmac for Joe Johnson and Al Horford, which I know will never happen. But look at it this way you get 2 young players, one that can play the 1,2, or 3, and a future dominating PF with size which we need.