1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Summertime "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 5, 2008.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

How about Allen Leavell and Larry Micheaux for Michael Ray Richardson?

Does it work on trade machine?

:rolleyes:

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Aaaaaand.... the Nets would do this why? Because they're Rockets fans or something?

3. Tornadoofsoul6

Bobby Jackson + 25th for Etan Thomas + 18th?

Washington gets to save 7 million, while allowing Andray Blatche to develop more.

The Rockets get to jump seven spots and take Brandon Rush while recieving a serviceable center.

4. 99bb

99bb Member

Alston + Head for Devin Harris. ;)

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Nets are trying to be under the cap in two years so they can go after that summer's lucrative crop of free agents.

Of course, they could keep their picks and just trade Jefferson for an expiring contract......but where's the fun in that?!?!

6. opticon

opticon Member

If the numbers work thats really not that bad of a trade. Brendon haywood and etan thomas cant cant stand each other anyway so the wizards may want to do that deal. I would rather steal away Nick Young from them though that kid can ball he looked really good when he got playing time.

7. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Thumbs,

You're way too kind, but I thank you for the kind words. I've been gone for a while, but popped in to post a couple of ideas the other day. See posts #368 & 371. Let me know what ya' think of 'em.

Also, since none of them have ever even come close to happening, the truth is, they are bogus trades. :D

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Good Lord! I haven't been reading my own thread closely enough. I've had a lot going on lately, but I should not have missed one, let alone two, Hottoddie posts. :D

I love the idea of acquiring Hinrich, but the others aren't enough to make the trade worthwhile. As far as the other two trades (Luther and Novak for Petro and Brooks + #1 for Sessions and Storey), I'd do the first in a heartbeat and the second I'd decline. However, Seattle would never let go of a big for two players who might not ever crack their rotation. As far as the other, IMO Sessions and Brooks are break even, and #25 for Storey is way too much to give away.

It's too bad 3/4 of the board (so many noobies) never had a chance to examine some of your four-team trade extravaganzas, but now there are too many cap experts who will rain on the parade. :)

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

KEEP TMAC AND YAO!

out of all the trade talks, our #1 PRIORITY is...
    -FIND A RELIABLE 3rd STARTER! (like many of you have said already artest, baron, or miller)

OUR PROBLEM?
    Injuries of course.
    -But with Tmac out, Yao pretty much has to dominate.
    -And with Yao injured, Tmac has to run the floor and step up his game.

We need that 3rd starter who can roll with either tmac or yao when one of them is out/or have the capability of running the team on his own. (like tmac and yao) (KG ran Minnesota, Pierce ran Celtics, Ray Allen with Lewis ran the Sonics)

after that foundation is built, just try to have a decent supporting cast. Rockets arent that far from the top and I think Tmac and Yao just need a better 2nd option that can take control of the game on his own and mesh with both tmac and yao.

AS A ROCKETS FAN, I WOULD HATE TO SEE TMAC OR YAO BE TRADED.

-Just cause we haven't gotten past the first round, doesn't mean we should rebuild our team. We actually have a good team with good a record the last few seasons. Just need that key boost to be a finals contender.

10. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

agreed!

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would anyone here trade Battier for Prince straight up?

Wouldn't lose very much on defense, gain size and some offense, with some weak side shot blocking.

I think Prince might be a better fit in the motion offense than Battier. Seems like he is a better cutter and finisher at the rim.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

No. Battier is the best perimetre defender in the league and came 3rd in DPOY. I bet you Battier will get DPOY next year when we get the top record in the Western Conference.

Prince? No thanks. Hes not a star and we'll only trade Battier for a star. and we'll lose a lot of defense if we do that deal.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Prince is not as good as a defender than Shane,but he isn't a sieve either. He is a little better on offense than him but he is a role player.He can't become a difference maker.

Even if Prince comes over for Battier we still will need another player to replace Luther Head.

I agree that the Rockets won't trade Battier unless they are offered a star but no one will give up one for him.For example, the Nuggets won't offer a player like Melo even with his immaturity for a package which includes Battier.

Even if we get a healthy Yao back,we are going to have difficulty going deep into the playoffs unless we improve our offense along with our defense. We also have the inconsistent Rafer to deal with and SF/Jackson can't do much either.

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

How about this trade:

Tmac + Battier FOR Billups, Hamilton and Prince!!!

15. sook

sook Rookie

I doubt Detroit would do this.

But instead of Prince you try for artest

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

17. cavevato

cavevato Member

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

How much basketball do you watch? Prince is far more of a "star" than Battier ever dreams of being. Prince is the far superior defensive player (Battier is a solid team defender but an average to poor man-to-man defender) and a much better offensive player. Detroit would be out of its collective gord to make that trade straight up.

BTW, DPOY is voted on by the press and not the coaches. Where coaches vote (all-defensive teams), Battier has never been named to the first team all-defensive squad and only once to the second squad.

19. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

Ahhh gotcha. In that case, thanks!

Here is what else I think could be win-win, given today's story about 'Melo "having a conversation" with the Denver brass "about his future" (by the way, sorry if this one has been proposed already":

Houston trades Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis to Denver.
    Denver trades Marcus Camby and Carmelo Anthony to Houston.

I think this would be good for both teams, but I could also be overvaluing the whole "change of scenery" phenomenon also.

Rockets would basically start with:

Yao/Camby/Scola/Anthony/Alston with Shane coming off the bench and Scola sliding to the three. This lineup would be bigger but slower (especially due to Scola sliding to the 3, which he may turn out not to be a good fit for) but could prove to be a good lineup, especially with the mega-presence that Camby would present on the inside.

That being said, I'm reluctant to trade McGrady at all, but in this trade he effectively nets Anthony AND Camby. Francis just makes the numbers work.

20. tmacnf

tmacnf New Member

:D I cannot agree more...