1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need a backup SG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koby1868, Jul 8, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

granger is primarily a SF, or completely really

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Mister JJ Reddick?

3. vince

vince Member

I for one think this team can be solid. It probably won't win a championship, unless the team can really come together. But it's now all internal.

Yao
    Scola / Hill
    Battier / Ariza
    Martin
    Brooks / Lowry

That is a solid looking 8 man rotation. And they better play with a chip on their shoulder, because the only way they can win is to learn to play fluid like a team.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

WHERES BUD?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

fixed

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I know. We move Budinger or Ariza over to gaurd.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's a disaster waiting to happen. We already had ariza at two guard for awhile and that didnt turn out well. Budinger isnt good enough to start or play SG for long minutes. He needs to improve his ball handling some. You'd be upgrading your SF spot, but weakening your SG spot. Let's just keep our SG spot strong and our SF spot solid, as is.

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Euuuuuuuuh ... no thanks! (hard one to consider it) :rolleyes:

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Always better to get players like that here first then figure out what you are gonna do with him. Than just keep ourselves behind the 8 ball with lesser players. Get the star first? Then figure out how you will surround him later. Other wise its a perpetual circle of searching for perfect fits and situations. They dont exist. Teams create them through moves. Then subsequent moves after to help those holes get filled. Ultimately you keep building the lineup as an upgrade of Danny Granger over anything we currently have to next year replacing Martin and having a better duo at SF and SG than we have ever had and progress like so.

10. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

T-Mac?
    Oh wait...almost forgot. Flame suit on!

11. Joevir

Joevir Member

we realy need a tall guy more than 6'11, and tough as well. anderson is not good enough. yao cant play mo than 30 min

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Wow, that's a horrible way to look at that. Just trade for a player making tons of money and figure it out later? That's what the Mavs and Cleveland have done, and look where that left them.

Youre talking like granger is our superstar we'll build around. As if we're a true lottery team looking to come up and need that franchise guy. We're not that. Granger isnt even that superstar type of player.

You're not trying to build a true team. You want a dream team and that's what doesnt exist in the NBA.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Danny Granger over the last two years averaged more points per game than Bosh. Almost 26 two years ago and 24 like Bosh last year. He is one of a few players in the league who can be a true upgrade over anything we have. We are a lottery team so far. Hence the pottery selection number 14 in the draft and a returning injures used to be star until he proves his health. Yes. Figure it out. We have guys like Jt, Budinger, Ariza, Battier. Alot of Guard options and alot of extra trade options for a guard too. This is not like we are stuck once the deal is over. You have other things you can do. Granger is an upgrade. Oh Waite you wanted Bosh the guy averaged less points than Granger over the last two season bur not Granger? :rolleyes:

14. Htown's2kFinest

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Besides RV6 Mavs and Cleveland are a horrible example. They are a few plays away every year from competing for a championship while we are not. Cleveland cant be used as bad example just because Lebron left. They won 67 games with that strategy.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

While taking more shots and shooting a lower percentage. Gotta look at more than just points.

That's not to say I wouldn't want Granger here.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

RONNIE BREWER!!!!!!

Sign him and brad miller and it's a succesfull off-season!

18. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I would like to get Barbosa. He had a bad season last year, but he is still only 28 and in the last year of his contract. Perhaps for Battier?

19. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

How about Jermaine Taylor. What we need from that position is aggressiveness and he has never seen a shot he didn't like.

20. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Yea I posted something like this about two days ago, and it got locked within mins and I went to red. :(

Anyways, looks like we weren't "major players" in free agency. We got NOBODY. But it's fine, I trust DM. Plus I think our roster is def a top 5 in the west as it is.