1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need a backup SG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koby1868, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. Chase is not too big or too slow to play backup 2 guard. There was a time when our backup 2 was Jon Barry for goodness sakes. A wing is a wing is a wing.

2. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

*cough*Von Wafer*cough*

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Already an indication, Celtic's will resign Tony Allen and/or Marquis Daniels?
    Both are UFA and the kind of SG I would like to see on our roster, behind Martin!

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

Ronnie Brewer

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I said almost, and did exaggerate by saying 8 mins for the back up, but my point stands....no need to overpay a back up to pick up less than 10 mins.

Martin doesnt have a chronic injury...he has been chornically injured, there's a difference. Different from yao as well.

You cant form a team assuming injury, even if a player is hurt often. No one really plans that way. Yes, you want solid back ups, but you're overall plan is to go with your top 5 and that's who you expect to have for the season. If the injury thing is too much for you to overcome and you start planning ahead for it, then you've screwed up already. The best thing to do is get rid of those guys...

Ive said before that we either get rid of yao or keep planning around him. We cant keep him AND plan in anticipation of an extended injury. You're not going to win a championship that way because it affects your team as whole. You waste too much time and resources on back ups than your starters or backs up on much weaker spots.

Plan for small bump on the road and JT can handle that.

7. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Is there even a such thing as a SG in Adelmans offense? I think you are either a wing, a post, and the guy who brings the ball upcourt.... With that said we are fine at the wing position

If Morey upgrades the position then thats awesome but im fine with a wing rotation of

martin/ariza/taylor
    battier/Cbud/Harris

Depending on matchups:

defensive wing set Ariza/Battier
    offensive wing set Martin/Cbud
    small wing set Brooks/Martin
    BIG wing set Battier/Patterson
    12man wing set Tayor/Harris

8. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i just forsee battier getting moved. I like his leadership and he was our leading blocks guy last year, but he might be easier to move this year.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cuttino Mobley and Von Wafer ftw.

10. fitchjs

fitchjs Member

Raja Bell?

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Battier and Chase. Thats two guys. Oine of them is the backup and not a need area. We have no needs except a backup to Yao or an upgrade at one spot.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

why tha hell we need backup SG, we didn't trade for Bosh so our backup SG would be Chase and battier would be backing up Trevor...!! :confused: :confused:

13. LeoUnot

LeoUnot Member

Ronnie Brewer. hustles, plays defense, and scores efficiently. Most importantly, he can fill in the starting 2 spot when kevin martin breaks his leg again.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I write it in every other thread....

Jarvis Hayes.

It would be an undercover Morey-type of move. The guy can shoot and defend.

He doesn't get the press because he played in NJ.

He'll take a small contract, too.

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

If possible, I would upgrade the position. JT might prove worthy, but he hasn't yet. Besides, if we pick somebody up, we can still make a trade before the deadline.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I seriously doubt Boston lets Tony Allen go now... he's a really good defender, and they'll need him to possibly help guard D-Wade if they play the Heat in the playoffs.

17. tofu--

tofu-- Member

We got Jermaine Taylor, the next Jason Richardson.

We good man. We good.

18. DontTradeOswalt

No! Trade Ariza, Battier, NY Pick for Iggy!!!!

19. igorx

igorx Member

Von Wafer!

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Super team. Use Martin and draft picks to Pacers for Danny Granger to go with Yao and Brooks.