1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jordan Comments...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by c0r0na21, Aug 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

No, because Stockton was a historically good PG and quite possibly the greatest of all time, based solely on individual performance.

It's a good thing you brought that up, because think about the hall of fame players of the Jordan era not to win a ring. Stockton, Malone, Ewing, Payton, Barkley, 'Nique, for kicks we'll say Robinson pre-Duncan and Glide pre-Dream.. Am I missing anyone? Pippen's numbers don't stand up to any of those guys'. Leaving out that it's questionable whether he'd get the recognition he deserved without playing alongside Jordan, I think it's clear that based solely on individual performance, at the least he's no slam dunk. Maybe more along the lines of a Mourning, Kevin Johnson or Chris Mullin.

Similar to how you labeled Dantley and King as just great scorers, I think it's likely that Pippen would have been viewed as a great defender and a versatile, but not dominant offensive player.

Considering all that, and the fact that he was regarded as a head case and a choke artist, basically until the Bulls finished off their first three-peat in '93, I stand by my statement that Pip would not have made the Hall without Jordan.

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i dont think they just came out and made comments. im sure the reporters asked them and they replied honestly.

LBJ going to Miami is considered by most to be overkill. Boston was a group of guys on the decline hoping for at least one ring and wasnt premeditated by the players.

We shall see how Miami turns out. Maybe Bosh will turn into Horace Grant lite and LBJ Pippen and Wade MJ. then it will be exactly like Chicago. Everyone just thought LBJ would be more than just a Pippen.

I'm almost to the point where I dont care if Houston doesnt win for the duration of the big 3's contracts. If Durant or some other upstart star keeps winning. Even if Kobe keeps winning. I just dont want that sleazeball Riley or his organization to win anything with this team. but i be drinkng that Haterade.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Boston's big three are in the twilight of their career. These three jabronis are just lazy and young.

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Lack of punctuation renders unreadable wall of text, well, unreadable.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Wade isn't lazy,he is a winner. Bosh is lazy. Lebron quit on the team in Game 5 and Game 6.

6. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Um, Jordan didnt win anything by himself. He had Scottie Pippen. He basically pushed Pippen into being the hall of fame player he became. There were stories of Pippen & Jordan playing one on one after practices. MJ was all about business. No in game dancing or smiling at the camera after dunks. He was everything Lebron wasnt...

7. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Antwon Jamison was 20&10 guy.....The Cavs had more than enough to win

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

A couple years ago he was a 20/10 guy

Jamison's a soft power forward who doesn't play defense. He's not really a guy who you want as the second-best player on a championship team. And he's certainly no where not as good as Pippen, which was my point.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

2 different situations

LeBron and Bosh signed with Miami because they were Free Agents.

Ray Allen and KG were traded to Boston.

Also talent wise LeBron and Wade are better than any of the 3 in Boston.

10. VanityHalfBlack

It's because when the trade deal went through they didn't have a one hour circle jerk T.V special the way Lebron did it.. There was T.V coverage and news articles on the Boston Trio trade but they didn't make a soap opera special on it...

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nonsense! How is it a myth when Kobe just did it twice? :rolleyes:

12. Craftx5

Craftx5 Member

Lebron, Dwayne, and Chris are on a completely different level than Allen, Pierce, and Garnett.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Antawn Jamison is a guy who has made a career of putting up numbers on mediocre to terrible teams.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Kobe didn't win it alone. In fact, Kobe was arguably not the best player on his team in the Finals.

15. Mr. Space City

many people on this forum have argued that jordan didnt win it by himself.

anybody who believes that you can build championship dynasties by yourself is fooling themselves.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I doubt that. If they win 5 in a row or another crazy amount of titles like 10, all will be forgiven. But they have to win more than the ordinary. I'm talking 70 win seasons and championships galore. Winning cures everything.

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Jordan not only had pippen, he had rodman, toni kukoc, ron harper, steve kerr and phil jackson sitting in the bench. Lebron's cast mo williams big z varejao jamison and coach mike brown can't even compare to that of bulls

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Because Jordan and Magic have principles and the big trio have none.

The frame of mind of the trio reminds me of what I find in many street people to day! :p

19. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Well stated, couldn't agree with you more. :cool:

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its different between the Celts and the Heat. The Celtics traded for KG and Allen while the heat trio planned to sign together to join forces.