1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If you were a good son and had ordered an Oculus Quest for them for xmas, he would have told them subliminally as they explored and they would have known without fb.

TWS1986 and B-Bob like this.
  2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It appears that people being proactive (that are 65+) are starting to be able to get the vaccine. My parents Methodist Primary office is apparently getting doses distributed from the Methodist system and they will be notified to come in to the office in "1-2 weeks".

3. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I see that too. My 65+ parents have an appointment set for 1/22. Not sure where they signed up for it. They originally even had a 2/4 appointment somewhere then canceled that one when they found a 1/22 one.

4. jchu14

My wife's reaction to the 2nd vaccine shot is getting a bit worse. She was extremely fatigued when she got home (~28 hours after shot) and went to bed immediately after dinner. By 10pm or so, she woke up sweating and running a 101 degree fever. So the side effects manageable so far but definitely not negligible.

Invisible Fan and Ziggy like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My parents were scheduled to get the vaccine in early February. They got a call yesterday to say come on in and get the shot early. They went there and waited and waited only to find out they had made a mistake and they weren't scheduled for the vaccine. They lady had made a mistake, but told them they could come in on Friday. My mom was like "can I get that in writing?" LOL.

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

My whole family and me got vaccinated on Tuesday from Moderna. The whole day after getting the shot I was fine but then at night I started getting a sore arm and felt fatigue, nausea and chills at night. Next day I felt a little weak and the soreness in my arm was getting worst and body aches with weakness as well.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Moderna vaccine uses a higher dose, but it hasn't really been more effective. Good chance 2nd Moderna could make you want to suck ****.

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Pull the switcheroo like Lawrence Fishburne in Contagion.

9. Supermac34

How did you get it?

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm an expert at switcheroos. That's how I met my wife.

And if you think that's funny, this is also hilarious!

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Are they lacing it with molly now?

Ubiquitin and Xerobull like this.
  12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I received the second dose and it was rough the next day. Severe migraine, body aches, chills, and bad fatigue hours 12-24 after the second shot. I took some motrin and the headache lasted. Fortunately no fever and today I feel 100%. But if you can, take the next day after dose 2 off.

B-Bob, Ziggy and Xerobull like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

everybody okay now?

Ubiquitin and jchu14 like this.
  14. jchu14

Yep. She took a couple of tylenol and went back to sleep. Woke up without a fever and have been okay since. Still a little fatigued she says, but good otherwise.

Ubiquitin and B-Bob like this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Received the 1st Moderna yesterday around noon. Arm became sore after about 6 hours - more sore than the normal flu shot* - but is much better this morning. I took Tylenol before going to bed so it wouldn't keep me up.

Hoping I can get my 2nd shot before we switch to the plan of just giving as many people the first dose as possible!

*It is possible that the pain was exaggerated in my mind because I was thinking about it all day and I usually don't do that with a flu shot.

16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

have you gotten a covid test recently?

17. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My mother in law got the first one recently.

My father in law signed up for a new vaccine (because they were going to pay him for the trial), but he's waiting on it. I don't know which company that's from.

18. Supermac34

My mother and father in law just got the Moderna vaccine via DeTar hospital system in Victoria. Apparently open to group 1B through the week if you live or have relatives that live in the Victoria TX area.

19. BleedsRocketRed

Girlfriend got 2nd shot today. We'll see how shes doing.
    Father is getting first shot this week. (cancer patient)

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My parents both finally got their shots a few days ago. My dad is in his 80's and didn't have any adverse reaction other than a little pain at the injection site. My mom said she had the same pain, but also had some minor headaches and bodyaches the first day. She said she took some Tylenol or something and didn't feel anything after that. She hasn't had anything else to report after that.

ETA : I believe they received the Moderna vaccine.

#60 Dr of Dunk, Jan 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    FrontRunner likes this.