1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

New vaccinations have slowed to a crawl.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Damion Lee received the J&J vaccine 2 months ago and contracted covid recently

Symptoms he stated: headaches, congestion, chills, sneezing, soreness , bodyaches, loss of appetite, heavy chest hard to breathe, brain fog

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Took Moderna shot two yesterday afternoon. Woke up this morning and the only symptom is a sore arm that feels like someone mega-frogged me. Other than that, feel pretty good. Not sure any of this helped me, but I tried to hydrate all day before the shot. Also made sure to drink quite a bit of orange juice and cranberry juice. Also threw down a dozen chick-fil-a nuggets for dinner. That's gotta be the right combo. Didn't have any effects from shot one...blood is O-.

INDOOR BEERS!
    INDOOR BEERS!

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Good but how many sauces were you able to get with your nuggets? :)

boomboom likes this.
  5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Definitely hard to find here in the states, but if you can get your hands on it I'd recommend AstraZeneca. It has an intriguing bouquet that the others can't match. I would recommend CoronaVac or Sputnik V, but it's a bit of an acquired dose. Plus, that **** will **** you up.

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Why would anyone want to take those listed vs Moderna or Pfizer in the US?

mikol13 likes this.
  7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

You can't get AZ in the US. It hasn't been approved by the FDA and at this point, the Biden Administration has committed to donating all AZ vaccines that it has ordered.

You can't get Coronavac or Sputnik either. In fact, no Chinese or Russian vaccines are even up for approval in the US. The only options here are Pfizer, Moderna and J&J and given that the US is already at a vaccine surplus, I doubt any of the others will get approved.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Been a couple weeks since this and new vaccinations seem to be slowing to a crawl. Maybe we eventually get to 70% of the population over 18 with 1 shot, but it has taken about 2 weeks to move up 4%.

[​IMG]

malakas and B-Bob like this.
  9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Anyone heard of the "Shedding theory" that some antivaxxers are spreading?

Apparently the conspiracy is that those of us who are vaccinated can shed skin cells and affect the non-vaccinated.

Overheard a coworker say he was around a bunch of vaccinated people and started getting vertigo- something he's never had in his life.

I kind of felt like walking over to him and dusting off my hands over him and telling him I was vaccinated.

Sajan, malakas and B-Bob like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wow, that is amazing. I need more of those types of conspiracies.

REEKO_HTOWN, JumpMan and malakas like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You're hilarious acting like that isn't true.

JumpMan, Haymitch and B-Bob like this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

LOL That's great. Best way to get those unvaccinated to avoid you on your own.

13. malakas

malakas Member

84.4% over 65s with at least one dose . wow That's amazing. Way to go.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a Republican thing to do. SMH

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don’t know. You give people much better odds of avoiding serious COVID illness in exchange for slightly increasing their odds of shooting themselves or a family member accidentally. Maybe it’s an okay trade, if you run the numbers.

Invisible Fan, ElPigto and BigM like this.
  16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I just got a very long and very uncomfortable scolding by my boss for getting the vaccine.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

West Virginia is like America's version of Slovakia.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw something saying the vaccination rate in the Dallas area is only 43%.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Let's at least post the whole story rather than the headline. I mean it is funny :D but it's only 10 custom guns and they are trying to reward people in a state hesitant of the vaccine.

Gov. Jim Justice (R) announced a new incentive lottery program for residents to get vaccinated during a news conference on Tuesday

The drawings will run from Father’s Day on June 20 to Aug. 4, and will include a variety of prizes from cash to firearms and even trucks.

During the Father’s Day drawing, the state will give away five custom hunting rifles and five custom hunting shotguns.

Justice said the state will also give away two brand-new, custom outfitted trucks and five lifetime hunting and fishing licenses. In addition, residents could win one of 25 getaways to West Virginia’s state parks.

Also during the June 20 lottery, one person will win $1 million. There will also be giveaways for two full, four-year scholarships for any institution in the state to eligible students ages 12 to 25.

The state will further give away $1 million for five weeks in a row.

On Aug. 4, one person will win a grand prize of $1.58 million, and a runner-up will win $588,000.

Justice said that to be eligible, all residents need to do is get their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Anyone who has already been vaccinated is also eligible to win.

Last week, Justice encouraged residents to get vaccinated for his bulldog, Babydog.

“If you won't do it for your family, you've got to get vaccinated for Babydog,” he said.

Also last week, the governor announced that young adults aged 16-35 were eligible for a savings bond or $100 gift card through the state government when they are vaccinated.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Dallas is at 44.5 percent (1st dose) which is just below Harris County (45.3). We're actually in Tarrant County which is 41.8%.

I was also told that now everyone has to be careful around me because of "shedding"