1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Getting my first shot today, not sure which kind, was hoping for the J&J but they`ve halted that one so we'll see.....deathly afraid of needles but I`ll do it anyway

boomboom, deb4rockets and TWS1986 like this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

It's not too bad, it'll be over before you know it :).

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm the biggest chicken when it comes to getting poked and I didnt feel a thing. The needle they use is super small and thin.

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get my second Pfizer shot Thurs. Train wreck feeling a coming....lol.

Ziggy likes this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

Still less?
    Young healthy women in 20s to 40s have the least risk of hospitalisation and death of any adult age group.

But they have the most risk of dying or being paralysed from the vaccine. (this and apparently also the J+J).

In fact by the mouth of some CDCs the chances are comparable.

Yet we are still forced to take something that can kill us the most "for the good of the whole" and the economy.

I am posting not because I am angry at you but because I am extremely pissed off from being lied to manipulated and endangered by the world health authorities and governments while they simply wash off their hands of any responsibillity.

I have decided to go completely unvaccinated rather than take either of those clot inducing vaccines.

And I have been looking forward to vaccines for 2 years now more than anyone else.

Vaccines are to protect people not to kill them.

The Real Shady and Ziggy like this.
  6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Combination of working here for awhile so I get alot of PTO yearly, and was already near capping my vacation pool when the pandemic started. I could only get a day off here or there, and still worked a bit while I was off anyway, so that kinda defeats the purpose.

Let's just say, I have quite a bit of responsibility in the day to day operations for the county's covid efforts.

TWS1986 likes this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

There was data from Britain that you didn't want to accept because it was British lol. The risk from blood clotting is extremely low. The nurse in the video I sent even said that people under 30 in low risk groups could consider not getting the vaccine from Astrazeneca due to the data. However, do you know what else puts you at much higher risk of blood clots? Covid-19.

That said since you bring up women then I'm sure you know blood clotting is an issue with birth control pills which are commonly used. It appears the risk of blood clots is higher from birth control pills than the risk of blood clots from the Astrazeneca vaccine. Should we stop all birth control pills? No. We should be aware and act accordingly. We know allergic reactions can occur after vaccination so we have adjusted how we monitor people based on their allergy history.

Maybe just take aspirin prior to getting vaccinated to reduce the extremely low risk down to an even lower extremely low risk.

8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Fair enough my friend. Hope you get some additional days off sooner than later.

9. malakas

malakas Member

"I didn't want to accept"?
    And why is it?

Maybee ...just maybe because for two months now the UK CDC and authorities have made fun of, denied and misled the public even though most other countries periodically or permanently banned the vaccine?:rolleyes:
    So why would I "accept" any so called data from the UK when they have been caught red handed lied for 2 months now?
    They have ZERO credibillity when it comes to their "pride" british made Astrazeneca vaccine.

As for birth control pills, let alone that.

With your logic since chemeotherapy creates a loss of hair, destruction of tissues and immune system and still used worldwide we should accept any drug that has similar side effects and consequences right?
    Otherwise "we will ban chemeo too?
    :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to take a drug or vaccine that puts their lives at risk that's their prerogative.

I do not.

However I do NOT accept misleading manipulation and hiding of information that costs lives.

There is criminal responsibillities and it is not a victimless crime but noone is held culpable for hiding the truth and murdering people.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The risk of blood clots is extremely low and shouldn’t be blown out of proportion. We have data on this. None of the vaccines are perfectly safe or 100% effective either. There have been significant increases in vaccine related deaths in the US as well. We do know that cases and deaths in the UK have dropped DRAMATICALLY since they began vaccination.

If you aren’t worried about covid then don’t take the vaccine. I don’t care lol.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

.018% die from the Coronavirus and
    .00000088% have had blood clots from the J&J vaccine.

Or you can look at it per million -

1,742 deaths per million cases of Coronavirus in the U.S.
    0.8 people with blood clots per million J&J vaccines in the U.S.

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“On April 13, 2021, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Health Notice recommending a pause on use of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. They are reviewing data on 6 reported U.S. cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) in combination with thrombocytopenia. All 6 cases have occurred in women aged 18-48, with one fatality. Symptom onset occurred 6-13 (median=9) days after receiving the vaccine.”

Basically they’re going to watch the vaccinated cohort since a large number of doses were given over last two weeks to determine whether this risk of clot is negligible in all groups especially young females before resuming the vaccine. As this moment we do not know how low the risk is.

malakas likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Yes, and how big is the risk of blood clots from Astrazeneca or J+J for women under 40?

You don't know and noone knows.

All these generic stats posted above are all vaccinated population data. Not even representative of the general population age distribution -let alone only young women.

So stop trying to say it is nothing much when noone knows how much the risk actually is.

Also I am worried about covid that's why I demand a safe vaccine.

Astrazeneca and J+J ain't it.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Both Astrazeneca and J+J are adenovirus vaccines. One from a chimpanzee virus and the other from a human virus.
    The current theory by haematologists is that the issue is the adenovirus used and the exact science behind it hasn't been even understood yet.

That's why Australia cancelled its J+J doses even before the latest news.

Don't put all vaccines in the same basket. The technology and science behind each is completely different.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thats devastating. Covid damages your lungs permanently

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Tomorrow will be 1 month since I tested negative after having the coronavirus. My daughter cried when she could finally hug me again - I teared up myself.

I'm a reasonably healthy 48yr old. I still get tired and out of breath much quicker than I did. I still don't feel 100% when I take deep breaths. It definitely had longer term effects on me than just the 10 days I had the virus.

TWS1986 and cheke64 like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is your choice but taking the numbers as they are the risk of death or hospitalization from COVID-19 is greater than the chance of blood clots from AstroZeneca and much much higher than the J&J vaccine.

My ex-GF got the J&J vaccine a week and a half ago. She's 35. While she felt feverish for a couple of days and had a sore arm she's been fine since then. I also have friends in their 40's who were scheduled to take the J&J vaccine and are refusing to sign up for another vaccine and are going to hold out for the J&J.

There is risk with everything. There were deaths during the Phase III trials of the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccine but I had no hesitation taking the Moderna vaccine. The risk from COVID-19 are known and with new variants cropping up almost daily are getting worse. This is all a matter of weighing risks.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True the technologies are different but adenovirus vaccines have been used before while these are the first MRNA vaccines as such we don't actually know the long term effects of MRNA vaccines. PRC's Sinovac vaccine uses the most traditional method of vaccine technology by using a deactivated virus that said the Sinovac vaccine isn't approved for use in many countries and there also are deaths following taking them.