1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Great 2021 COVID Vaccine Chase

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Supermac34, Jan 4, 2021.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Have a BMI of 36 like me and high cholesterol my friend and you too will be eligible!

2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

A pretty good haul, indeed. But, for people that really want the vaccine still probably worth it. I was originally going to the fine city of Seabrook, TX this weekend for my CVS vaccine, but spots opened up in the Houston area and I jumped on that ****. Pays to wake up at 4 am ;).

3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I was curious about this as well, I mean I've got proof of course that I've got the health conditions I say I do. But CVS didn't mention anything about bringing proof with me. When I was looking at Walmart, I believe they wanted some sort of evidence.

BigM likes this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It probably makes sense to just go honor system. You’ll get some that break the rules but at the end of the day the goal is to inject as many people as possible. If you turn someone down for lack of evidence you’d have to then find someone else that day to inject who also may or may not be eligible.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got my first shot in Killeen yesterday - have to wait 21 days......for 2nd dose.

DD

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

There's no value in jumping the line. I think by April, lots of places will be open to the general public. It's tempting to try and get it now but we really only have a few more weeks of waiting.

I'd love a vaccine myself but it'll come soon enough. We've waited over a year for this so one more month won't be the end of the world.

B-Bob and TWS1986 like this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed. I've gone a year without getting sick, so chances are I can go another month or two. And I have 3 kids old enough to get sick but not old enough to get vaccinated, so I don't see much value personally for being in a rush. Even when I'm safe, the family still ain't safe.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

My wife's J&J shot that she got yesterday hit her like a truck last night. Full on headache, aches, fever, nausea...basically a terrible flu-like episode. She is much, much better today, but super tired.

ramotadab, sammy and TWS1986 like this.
  9. Beezy

Beezy Member

My parents got their first dose of the Moderna vaccine in Pearland today.

sammy and B-Bob like this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. TimDuncanDonaut

Are you happy to see the Johnson & Johnson vaccine chart as it is to see you?

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's Pfizer, the top shelf vaccine. ;)

13. Supermac34

Really "sticking it" to COVID.

mikol13, The Cat, Surfguy and 2 others like this.
  14. PhiSlammaJamma

Johnson and Johnson's graph, will be a double dick.

BigM likes this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Just an FYI, as someone that had his second shot (Pfizer) on Wednesday... I never had any symptoms at all either time, other than a slightly sore arm when directly sleeping on it. Not a fascinating update at all, just sharing in case anyone wonders whether it's odd to feel nothing (personally, I Google searched this after hearing so many bad stories). Apparently not.

TWS1986 likes this.
  16. Supermac34

For those of you with loved ones over 65 that have not been able to get a shot yet, we're at the point to where they are pretty darn available each week if you are on the various text lists.

If you are in Houston, I recommend the Houston Health waitlists. They have TWO...one for two shot Moderna or Pfizer, and one for one shot J&J. We have discovered that the one shot J&J waitlist doesn't fill up as fast (or people don't realize there is a separate waitlist). In 1 week, I was texted twice to sign up for slots for the following day.

They were so desperate to get people signed up on short notice, they were contacting people on the "essential worker" list depending on the industry you put when you signed up on the waitlist.

If you feel like you need to "volunteer" yourself during this time, ask various older folks that you know if you can help them get on waitlists and sign them up.

sammy, TWS1986, Amiga and 1 other person like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

that explains the bbc graph

Supermac34 likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

well, that's not confusing at all and maybe that's why... link said it's closed. Cureminder

19. Supermac34

Whelp...

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Got my second shot Saturday. I feel pretty achy and sleepy but overall not that big of a deal. No fever no chills. Just watching TV and riding it out.

Moderna btw

TWS1986 likes this.