1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Ariza/Lee Trade -- Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dharocks, Aug 11, 2010.

Tags:
?

How do you feel about the Ariza/Lee deal?

1. I like the trade, because I think it makes us better

22.8%
  2. I like the trade, provided it allows us to make a run at a big-money star

13.3%
  3. I'm indifferent/I like the trade, because it makes us no worse while saving money

32.6%
  4. I dislike the trade, because it makes us worse

11.8%
  5. I dislike the trade, because we should have gotten more for Ariza

10.9%
  6. I like the trade, for no reason other than in Morey I trust

8.6%
  1. alanyilan

alanyilan New Member

Please retire T-MAC's 1# jersey that robbed by Ariza! This is the time!

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I disagree that it makes us worse defensively. Ariza was good at steals, but he wasn't great defensively.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL!!!

Please give the next NBADL call up the #1 jersey.

4. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Do I really need to explain? beside cheaper,younger which means inexperience, Ariza is better in every ways. BTW, "about as good on D" really??? Are we watching same NBA?

For your answer, Ariza's ring prove it already.

'

5. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

IF we make another trade contingent on this one then I agree.

I don't think this is a crippling trade by any means. In time you very well may be right that we all look back at this and think those who had doubts were complely unfounded. But I do think it is kind of contradictory to say Morey is correcting a mistake in over paying for Ariza, but we should trust Morey not to make mistakes ;)

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silly rabbits doubting DM the GM.

Courtney Lee is a VAST improvement defensively. He is also a VAST improvement as a shooter.

Sure, we give up length, but make no mistake, Courtney Lee can play...

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

My imagination or were there a lot of highlights from Philly/GSW/Wiz/Knicks games?

8. alanyilan

alanyilan New Member

Tracy will beat Houston this season and make u guys shut up. The two games between pistons and us are the only games I will not the supporter of rockekts.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Derek Fisher is better than Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Steve Nash.

His ring prove it already.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I think Trevor Ariza is a good slasher and wing man that will really compliment on Yao Ming in the center. I wish we play him another year.

11. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Well .. This was shocking ..
    I like having two of the top 10 perimeter defenders in our team ..
    But this happened to make room for Bud to develop ..
    DM threw Alston to make way for brooks and he's throwing ariza I think for Bud ..
    Be optimistic
    Bud for the MIP ..

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I get the sense we are banking Chase becomes a Peja in his prime.

Remeber Peja averaged 20 plus ppg in this league.

13. Mav-Hater

Yes!!!!! We should retire the jersey of every player that wins us no titles and spent very little of his career here that weren't even his best years. Next you will want to retire Steve Francis' jersey.

You sir are BRILLIANT!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

14. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Excuse me, but this thread is dedicated to bashing our new player... not Tracy McGrady.

Back on topic, please.

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Agreed but I am gonna miss Ariza, he came here instead of several other teams during the departure of Ron Artest

16. Mav-Hater

You are not brilliant as I posted earlier............you are

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way. More humorous synonyms of the term include addlehead, blockhead, bonehead, deadhead, dimwit, dodo, dope, dummy, dunderhead, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numbskull, stupidhead, thickhead, and twit, among many others. Archaically the word mome has also been used. The synonymous terms moron, imbecile, and cretin have all gained specialized meanings in modern times. An idiot is said to be idiotic, and to suffer from idiocy. A dunce is an idiot who is specifically incapable of learning. An idiot differs from a fool (who is unwise) and an ignoramus (who is uneducated/ an ignorant), neither of which refer to someone with low intelligence

17. deshen

deshen Member

If this news is true, then it is time to look for a new GM.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

We will be seeing all of that goodness behind Martin on the bench. :grin:

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Has somebody run the stats on Ariza vs. Lee in terms of production-to-salary ratio? I'm assuming that's the basis on which Morey did this. But I haven't seen the numbers laid out.

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I would have liked to have seen what our team could have built on, but maybe Ariza was causing chemistry issues, remember when people brought up Ariza's attitude and reactions when not getting the ball they were laughed off, but I think there could have been more to it.

Hard to describe what I am feeling, I care, yet I don't care at the same time. I wanted to see if Ariza could have improved and played that key inside out guy for Yao next year, but on the other hand he really pissed me off last year with his shot selection. I didn't watch ANY of C Lee last year, but if he plays like the flashes he showed in Orlando, I think he will be a solid contribution.

One concern...how tall is C Lee? I wanna say like 6'3" but I could be completely wrong, if he is and Trevor is what like 6'7" that height and length may hurt us on the wing