1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Ariza/Lee Trade -- Your Opinion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dharocks, Aug 11, 2010.

Tags:
?

How do you feel about the Ariza/Lee deal?

1. I like the trade, because I think it makes us better

22.8%
  2. I like the trade, provided it allows us to make a run at a big-money star

13.3%
  3. I'm indifferent/I like the trade, because it makes us no worse while saving money

32.6%
  4. I dislike the trade, because it makes us worse

11.8%
  5. I dislike the trade, because we should have gotten more for Ariza

10.9%
  6. I like the trade, for no reason other than in Morey I trust

8.6%
  1. albuster

albuster Member

Typos but who cares.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I still love the trade

Ariza is ****ing terrible on both ends of the court, he would not have helped anything

3. redao

redao Member

[​IMG]

4. PeppermintCandy

I'm still reserving judgement on this trade because of all the injury/rotation problems we've had. Plus, ultimately the trade will be judged on what Morey does with the financial flexibility resulting from trading Ariza.

That said, things haven't looked good for Lee. He has made a lot of mental errors and bad passes on the offensive end, isn't a consistent enough of a shooter, and I'm still not sure why he's considered a great defender. I think some of this is due to getting acclimated to Adelman's schemes, but so far...meh.

Also, the plan was for Budinger to step in and take a larger role in the SF rotation after Ariza was dealt, and that hasn't worked well either. Maybe it's due to the minor injuries he's had, but his shot's off, his defense has been subpar, and the second unit has looked stagnant more often than not.

Both are young players who are trying to adjust to new roles and responsibilities. And some day, they may improve enough to make trading Ariza seem a smart proactive move by Morey. But at this point, it will take a lot of work before that happens.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I believe the trade we need to be talking about is the Martin for Landry trade.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yeah. True dat. Landry had alot of heart in the fourth quarter. I do not understand this trade one bit. You trade Scola for Martin if anything. Maybe Scola for someone else. Landry should have been a mainstay either way to me.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't like the trade from the beginning. I just don't understand why we trade our best SF for a backup SG. :confused:

8. redao

redao Member

That trade gave Rockets a chance on 2 first round picks and Hill.

Those picks could be very valuable.
    That was a bench player for a starter trade.
    That was a low salary for high salary trade.

No regrets here even though it did not turned out quite as expected.

Ariza trade was a starter for a crap bench player trade. A salary dump trade. It was an obvious bad trade except maybe only Les, haters(DD) and idiots(YOFs, AB haters...) liked it.