1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer is - Aaron Brooks !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 15, 2007.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Can we package Artest and Brooks to trade for a real point guard?

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

If the basketball gods are with us, Brooks will get past this wall he's hit around the same time that Rafer returns to earth.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

If there is a very good PG we can get for that package, I'd do it. Any thoughts? Andre Miller?

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Artest and Brooks is way too much for Andre Miller.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Artest and Luther = Kirk Hinrich......

Just saying...

:D

DD

6. ibm

ibm Member

maybe not, due to ron will be a f/a when the season ends. but i don't know about miller's contract.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Remember Brooks is trying his best to be a NBA Point Guard, it is very difficult for him to do this and be a crack shooter. After the all star break when Tracy comes back, he will take over a lot of the playmaking duties and Brooks after a good rest from the stress of competition will find his shot and will be making more than 50% of his shots. All the idiots :p need to back off this one!!

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It's great to see Rafer playing so well but we're all not naive enough to think he can sustain this level of play over the long run. It's precisely why he's best suited as a backup. By the same token, Lil Brick has the same exact problem. I don't want to reignite the whole 'Who should be starting?' thing since I think it's evident BOTH are best suited as backup's. Maybe Brooks will get better, maybe he won't. We already know what we're getting from Rafer and in terms of consistency and two way basketball he's better right now. Better but probably not good enough which is certainly bad for Brooks' cause.

The question is how do you upgrade the position without giving up too much *AND/OR* taking on too much in salary? This is precisely why i'm against the Hinrich trade talks, for the most part. I know he's a better defender and slightly better fit than Rafer but at the end of the day you're talking about a guy who's numbers are INFERIOR to Rafer's in each of the last two seasons. Not only that but you're paying him $8-10M a year until the time Obama is done with his first term. That's an enormous and likely unnecessary risk, IMO.

Think about that versus a low risk move like a Ramon Sessions, Jarret Jack, Kyle Lowry, Keyon Dooling or somebody like that. Under which scenario are we better off? You want your crazy, sexy 'bold' move? Let me know if Calderon becomes available once Toronto blows up that disaster of a team. Then we'll talk bold and sexy.