1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer is - Aaron Brooks !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 15, 2007.

1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I don't think its a confidence thing as much as AB is fast, very fast.
    Rafer has a good handle, but just can't blow by people like Brooks can.
    when AB was in, changed the feel of the game, it was great watching him realize that he could blow by people.

2. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

did we play a zone when he was in?
    i don't recall...

3. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

aaron's looking better every day. skip outplayed everyone tonight though imo.

mike james and luther appear to be the expendable baggage we don't have the room for. if luther gets a few good statistical nights, like tonight, he might turn some gm heads. practically though, he was horrible tonight with his decision-making. i am not sure why adelman loves him so much.

4. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i can recall two particularly bad passes early in the game,
    and a blown layup... but, oh my, did we need his shooting tonight.

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks is starting to look really good. Definitely in the same class as Iverson, Parker and Barbosa go. Finished a few times tonight at the rim, and is pretty much a one man fast break.

I love seeing him out on the court.

6. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

honestly, it's gotta be his 3 point shooting ability.

I don't have a problem with luther as much, because if he wasn't doing all those things like trying to blow past his defender, attack the basket, cut. Then he would just be another battier or skip who is one dimensional and can only shoot 3's.

Luther showed moxy how he had the confidence to try and shake and shoot, sure in the long run it might not be what you want, but it's better then watching shane and skip do nothing.

I'm not a skip hater btw, just saying.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

give AB another 12 inches on the end of either arm, and then he'd be closer to iverson...

8. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

loved the reversal on Luther's charge. the ref actually made the motion to count the basket when he reversed the call even though the basket didn't go in. that was a particularly good time to stand and cheer at Pepsi center - so good to cheer for your team in someone else's house...

9. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

loved seeing you out there brooks. keep up the improvement my man!

10. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

no doubt...this kid can really play. and we know his outside shot is going to come around. he could be quite a spark plug off the bench.

11. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

This is probably a topic for another thread, but in the spirit of organic growth and change...

He was definitely confident shooting, but did anybody else see Luther being scared to death to pass to Yao while he was being fronted? Luther would have the ball on the wing, Yao is on the block with a defender in front of him. Head stares at the situation for a couple of seconds, maybe even fakes the pass, but then thinks better of it and just swings it over.

I think I saw him actually make the pass one time - it worked - and eschew it at least three times.

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i want to see aaron finish a game. i don't care if he comes off the bench, but i want to see him at the end of the game.

13. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I have to say I was very sceptical about Brooks getting playing time this season, but he had some moments last night. I'm not ready to give him the reigns when the game is on the line, but (and I'm surprised I'm saying this) I'm ready to move him up ahead of James and Francis for Rafer's backup (at least for now).

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

because he's arguably our best shooter.

15. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

When the other team is small, like Denver, I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks as the off-guard in some situations in crunch time, cause he's so speedy he can get into the lane and finish, as he's shown, or pass pretty good. He's also good at feeding Yao the bounce-pass. It's good to have two speedy guys to initiate or create the fast break. I"d have liked to have seen him in one of the OTs.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

AB is on his way to become a legit player. I've liked what I've seen so far.

Sheesh, some of you guys are expecting 20pts/10assists with zero turnovers from this kid right off the bat from some of the gripes about his play thus far.

He's got a weird jumper though.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

AB is the real deal, even with the mistakes he's made thus far, he's a pace changer.

He's legit.

Hasn't been forced to shoot open shots yet.

18. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

damn straight. he is insane.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you can't teach quickness. AB's got it!
    quick > slow

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Well, Adelman certainly drafted a gem. Brooks is really fast, and better still, he knows exactly how to use his quickness. And like I said before ... he has great court vision and knows how to set up his teammates for easy scores.

The PNR play he ran with Yao was just beautiful.