1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

thanks d'Oh Bama! Women gets fired for free speech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Nov 10, 2012.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It seems King Bama has already started the wave of firings.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/f...ed-for-racial-slur-84740/#LZQxzbTCamOwhv3Q.99
    A woman from Turlock, Calif., was fired from her job after posting a racial slur about President Barack Obama on her Facebook. An investigation also began for possible threat to the re-elected president.

Denise Helms made the controversial post Tuesday night, immediately after Obama was determined the winner of the presidential election against Mitt Romney. Helms wrote on her Facebook: "Another 4 years of the ****** maybe he will get assassinated this term..!!"

The 22-year-old was fired from her job at Cold Stone Creamery and the Secret Service is looking into her comments.

Helms told Sacramento's Fox 40 that she didn't think it would be "that big of a deal."

"The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit," Helms told the local news station.

She also defended herself in a follow-up post on her Facebook page (which has been deactivated), saying she is neither racist nor crazy. "just simply stating my opinion.!!!" she wrote.
    Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/f...ed-for-racial-slur-84740/#mJZuvQEmMcpQLOfM.99

2. redlawn

redlawn Member

Calling for the President's assassination and calling him a ****** should be protected under free speech?

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=228935

It common knowledge that you cannot threaten the president and as for the firing, yes you can say what you want without legal repercussions most of the time but it does not mean that it won't have repercussions elsewhere.

4. Classic

Classic Member

fuqin r****d

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think once the satirical nature of the speech and the incredulity of the threat is fully assessed by the Secret Service and prosecuting authority, she should probably be left alone. But really sad that she's kind of doubling down on this initially bad decision. She's brought on a lot of future stress and harassment for herself this early on in her adulthood.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

When they discover the threats as false bravado, she should have been left alone. When she is sentenced to prison, there will be riots. America is not far from communist Russia. In Russia, they put a punk rock band in jail for an anti-Putin performance.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Waiting for one of the many conservatives on this board to publicly admonish
    this type of vitriol.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was always my favorite Yakov Smirnoff joke.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I bet due to the publicity and class dynamics of this thing she'd get some decent ACLU or pro-bono legal help, and not necessarily from a conservative group.

That more than anything is what separates America from all the crappy countries we compare each other to in blog posts: lots of very smart, talented, principled lawyers who either work cheap or wear robes.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Racist ass idiot has no idea about the history of the word ******

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel oh so sorry for the poor innocent girl. She was only praying for the murder of the leader of the free world. Poor poor girl.

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Let's make this clear... she didn't get fired for free speech. She said what she wanted to say and she is still free to say what she wants. She got fired because her image didn't fit with the business that was paying her.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

OP is as dumb as the girl...can't understand the controversy with threatening a president and then using the N-word to describe him? FOH.

#14 Codman, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

OP why did Obama make her say that!?!?!? Why didn't you post in the other thread?!?!?

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Someone tell me what's the problem or how Obama is remotely responsible for this?

17. jocar

jocar Member

18. jae713

jae713 Member

How does that make any freaking sense. If your opinion is that the President is a "N" word, how are you not a racist? The Fak....:confused:

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Her stupid *ss got what she needed.