1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

T-Wolves want asset in return for taking on T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Jan 3, 2010.

1. YaosDirtyStache

DD ive been creeping for years and I have seen all sorts of posts here but honestly sir your love for VSpan is totally unwarranted. Say what you will but he proved absolutely nothing while playing here except a primadonna attitude and a knack for missing shots (both in game and in practice). I really dont know how you have seen anything other than a bust in VSpan. Let me spell it out for you, he is a quitter, he cant shoot, his drive was weak and slow, he showed very little passing ability while in the NBA, his vertical was like Scolas except he is 5 inches shorter, his defense made TMacs Raptors game look like DPOY material and most of all he did not play with passion.

That kind of player isnt what the Rockets needed years ago, and def not what they need or want now.

And since you love Rubio so much I am very weary on supporting him...Much like Vspan and Von, he must also be a headcase.

1 person likes this.
  2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Can't we buy Rubio out of his contract and bring him in right now? IF we get his rights?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Suffice it to say that I don't agree, nor judge a player on such a short body of work when they are adjusting to a new culture.

Also, he is not the first guy to clash with an overbearing coach.....

Anyway, I believe his game fits....start that thread......I would be all over it.

This is a Minny thread......about Rubio...whom I also like a lot....more than Vspan even.

:grin:

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Hey backstabber, isnt that what i said in another thread? Maybe if u took time and stop changing knives, you would see the plan :p

5. xx323

xx323 New Member

I think Morey should consider Arenas or Butler+somebody

6. YaosDirtyStache

DD, from your Christmas thread I suspect you have a ton of cash...go to Europe soon and indulge yourself on some basketball games so you can get your mancrush for every Euro Guard out of the system! Go see Vspan and Rubio up close in their 40 seat stadium! Find some 16 yr old in the Jr Leagues to come back and shamelessly promote on this BBS when you return.

Bottom line the Rockets have two of the best young PG's on the floor right now, no need to sacrifice one of them for another unproves Euro who wont be a bust for another 2 yrs.

7. rockets_fanatic

Perfectly put. Getting Rubio is as dumb as the suggestion to get Maggette.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well put, thank you.

Definition of an asset? Budinger (for reasons stated earlier). The deal benefits both sides IMHO; but so do some others.

Bottom line: The owner gets an improved team at a better business price.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Awesome. DD, I will have to say Lee has had your back for quite a while. You have kind of been throwing him under the bus lately. This is much better than reality tv :p

10. DaDakota

I haven't been tossing him under the bus, I got his back, he and I agree most of the time.....

Trust me...it is all in good fun.

Actually I said it first in the D-league Vipers thread, but not surprised you are trying to steal credit.

You probably just read my post when you were inebriated and thought it was your own idea.

:p

Here is my post and date.....let's see yours tough guy......

DD

#90 DaDakota, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  11. DaDakota

Tell that to Morey who offered quite a bit of our team this summer to Minny for the rights to Rubio.

DD

12. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Why dont we realize that if we trade T-Mac, we are going against the main reason the Morey and Adleman said they didnt want to play him in the first place.

They dont want to mess the chemistry and take minuets away from anyone else, If we get two or three players from any of these teams, that is exactly whats going to happens. Come on guys, Im starting to lose faith in Morey and Adelman,

13. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Of course they'll ask for asset, to match T-Mac's contract they'll need to give 3-4 players, and they won't
    give 3-4 players just for 1. They're trying to get as much value off us as they can.

14. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

This is another non-story.

Some local Minny reporter to Kahn:
    Do you have interest in trading for McGrady?

Kahn: We don't need his expiring so Houston will have to add assets for us to consider a trade for him.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

After numerous posts defending The Greek, you suggest someone start a thread about the guy? Come on, DD... you could have said that in response to the first post mentioning the walking, talking poster boy for the "Euro Who Comes to the NBA and Fails" group of, well, Euros who come to the NBA and fail.

Spare us your singing paeans to The Greek, yet again, for the love of God!! :eek:

As for the odds of a deal with Minnie to get Rubio and a bunch of expirings for Mac, as someone pointed out earlier, we have no idea if and when we might see the guy in Rockets Red. I'd love to aquire him, though. Actually, I'd love to have both Rubio and Sergio Llull sitting on our bench as options for Coach A. The possibilities, at least in my opinion, would be wondrous. :cool:

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

As talented as Rubion is, we don't know how would that talent translate in the NBA. We know Brooks is a bordeline star (I am being conservative).

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

DD, I am astonished at the slack you cut VSpan, whom you acknowledge to have quit the team, given that you are so harsh on TMac.

BTW, if we can get Rubio, I vote that we do so.

Does my vote count?

18. DaDakota

I just don't put my value in saying a guy is all he can be after a rough rookie year under an overbearing coach.

And the fact that both Adelman and Morey tried to talk him into staying speaks more to me than short sighted fans do.

HEHE.

DD

19. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

T-Mac, Kyle Lowry, Jermaine Taylor, Joey Dorsey for Ryan Gomes, Damien Wilkins, Mark Blount, Brian Cardinal and the rights of Ricky Rubio.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i would so give up landry or scola if it meant getting jefferson or kevin love back in return.

I can just imagine how Love would do in Rick's system he is a similar player like Luis...great rebounder, adequate midrange shooter, needs a better post game but is not terrible and of course is only 20 or 21 years old. Not to mention Love is an amazing passer especially on outlets.

Jefferson is starting to round back into the beast that he was last season after his surgery and that guy is as humble of an all-star (he is an all-star in my book) you will see.