1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Wolves want asset in return for taking on T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He sucked ass in the redeem team game. Of course, if Morey believes in him, that goes a long way for me.

2. Zfan

Zfan Member

You can say Rubio is smart and entertaining. He can play no look pass and behind back dribble doesn't mean he will be a very good PG in nba. He has the potential but nothing proved. Giving up AB for him will be a big mistake.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

No trade with the T-Wolves makes any sense to me, unless they're just dying to get out from Sessions and Gomes' contracts, which I doubt. Any scenario where we get Rubio would have to be one where we were giving up core players.

4. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Yeah, we need something we can sink our faith in... like an article written by some reporter.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Not really. The longer Rubio sits on the sidelines for Minny, the less his value is to them, especially if Flynn pans out. Rubio could become Scola 2.0, in that Morey gets him for considerably less than what he's worth.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

CP3 is a 24 yr old superstar who can create & shoot lights out. Rubio might be a star one day but has a long way to go esp with his shooting.

Needless to say, CP3 >>> Rubio and it's not even close.

7. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Holy hell, DaDa went from regular everyday Joe to like Clutchfans Most Wanted in the past couple months...is this all just the backlash from the McGrady hate (which is well founded :D)?

Back on subject, if there's any way we swing Rubio out of this debacle, Morey will be revered for years to come. That being said, I don't see how Minnesota ever goes for it.

I'm not in favor of gutting our team, but I can part with any one player (along with McGrady). Rubio's ceiling is higher than anyone's on this team (except maybe Yao). It's a risk for sure, but finding an elite point guard is too good a chance, in my mind.