1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Storm Riders List

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

we just decided to do the same thing around 6...too long cooped up at the house watching the news. :(

We went by her parents house in Highlands to check and make sure everything was secure since they went to Livingston yesterday...and lo and behold!!!!
    A OPEN LIQUOR STORE!!! :D:D

I stocked up with another bottle of Jose and she got some makings for the pina colodas she likes..

We are now OFFICIALLY ready for Rita.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sounds like a party man, me and Makayla are about 5 minutes away. :D

3. itzIce

itzIce Member

Drove 4 hours yesterday afternoon from Clear Lake to Beechnut & Hwy 6 to meet up at my parents house. Just finished up taping up and boarding up some windows. Since my mother works with Memorial SW Hospital, tomorrow morning we are going to take refuge in there. Once my family is secured in there, im going to see what I can do to help with the hospital. All you guys take care and Godspeed.

itzice

4. insane man

insane man Member

we're near I-10 on dairy ashford...many neighbors are gone though. and the whole lonesome going thru the storm feeling is setting in.

hope we're all alright.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

We can pretend we are at live and get nice and **** faced lol....I haven't left to go up there but i am damn tempted to. All i got here is a bottle of Patron and a Bottle of Cristal.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm here in Meyerland, staying with my family. We actually thought of leaving, but after watching the news we changed our mind. I was actually a bit scared at first. But an old couple living near us said that the neighborhood has never flooded during their 48(!) years here. During Alicia, only some shingles were blown away, leaving no major at all. Hopefully things will stay course with Rita.

8. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

count me in...

I had a nice hotel room booked, and ACL saturday to see ROKY ERIKSON...

I researched an alternate route to austin. I'm 35 min into the alternate route and it's backed parking lot style for as far as the eye can see. I made a mental note, "!uck this", turned around...

It's gonna be hell for those that are coming back from out of town on Sunday, good luck to all, keep dry!

#128 UTweezer, Sep 22, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Staying...East Houston 1-10, Northshore neighborhood

10. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Staying...Spring

I wish this thing would just hurry up and happen. :(

11. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Riding it out - Sugarland.

We were going to leave today and stay at my sister's apartment at UT but the traffic out of town looked crazy.

I live in New Territory so if any fellow residents who evacuated want a damage report after the storm let me know.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

man, dunno what to do, they say the traffics opened up, but i just saw westheimer and its PACKED goin towards katy...

so far, still at home.

13. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

my fam can't and won't make it out. they will have to ride the storm from pasadena. i'm praying for them like crazy and for everyone else going through this mess. i'm gonna just have a party tomorrow night amongst friends here in san marcos to celebrate life. things have been really crazy lately for my family and I just hope we make it through, and the same goes for everybody else. i think we all just need to pray and hope that are families can survive.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

'we're near I-10 on dairy ashford...many neighbors are gone though. and the whole lonesome going thru the storm feeling is setting in.

'Hey I grew up in that area..more like memorial between hwy 6 and eldridge. You are by Stratford HS I assume. It should be okay there. Just don't get on the I-10 underpasses/feeder roads; they flood bad when it rains.

Avoid trees though. During Alicia and some storms, there were a couple of tornadoes on Diary Ashford between Westheimer and Memorial. But that may not repeat obviously. Your biggest problem is trees and wind.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Riding it out as of now, in Katy. Aunt and Grandpa are staying with my family(they were in Angleton). Younger sister is in College Station and all my mom's family in Pasadena that I know of is either in Dallas(they had to come back, roads were too congested, but they have contingency plans) or my grandmother is staying with my aunt in Humble/Atasocita. Older sister works as a nurse at Hermann Hospital, she is staying in the bellaire/610 area.

#135 DVauthrin, Sep 22, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2005
  16. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Where do you live? I'm in Princeton Club apartments.

17. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Im in - Montrose area....

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Still here waiting it out . Hope everyone has food & water and that drank :D or smoke what ever make you happy players

19. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

You can remove me from the Storm Riders list as I have bugged out of Houston. There were several deciding factors in me leaving.

1. The tree that is at a 60 degree angle in my backyard that drapes over some power lines! When that sucker falls, I don't want to be around.
    2. The standing water I usually get in my backyard that may have prevented me from leaving when that tree falls and takes out those power lines
    3. The larger power lines that run through the eavesment in my backyard
    4. The two oaks that my neighbors have behind me that are real close to the power lines
    5. The fact that my little apartment is on the second story, I have no boarded windows and high winds and debris can really mess stuff up!

As long as I have power and internet I will be keeping my blogs updated.

Good luck to those that have stayed behind and I hope to see you all soon.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'll be here riding it out, either in braeswood or the tanglewilde/westpark area. good luck everyone!