1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Storm Riders List

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Sep 21, 2005.

1. mulletman

mulletman Member

unfortunately, they really havent talked about 59S much at all on the news

we triedd 59S in the morning. we were headed to laredo to stay with relatives there. but it took us an hour to get from university blvd to grand parkway.

the guy on the radio said his wife tried to get to 36 via 59S from sugar land, and that took her 4 hours.

theres also a mandatory evacuation of victoria, so its probably bad all the way to corpus.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm screwed. I have 4 tickets to the ACL in Austin which starts tommorrow.

Do you think I can make it to Austin in less than 4 hours, if i leave around 3-4AM today?

3. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I'm riding it out in Angleton, TX. I'm stuck here for the most part.

4. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

riding it out in Spring

We have been pretty much trapped in our home for the past 24 hours, 1960 and kuykendahl are both parking lots

my son works at the Kroger at Spring Cypress @ 45 for the past two days, he reports total choas -people just leaving their cars on 45 and walking into the store for something to eat/bathroom

they have next to nothing left on the selves food wise (canned Clams are still available though!)

they have had to resort to letting in only 3 people at a time because of the rampant stealing

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

That's an interesting point. Still, 4 hours south to 36 is much better than going 10 miles down the road on I-10.

I'm of the opinion that if you're still in Houston, go ahead and hunker down. Get all your flashlights and water together, put away your patio furniture, and chill the f*ck out. This madness is all being caused by the media hype.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Me and my dad laughed for 5 minutes after I told him this. Thanks for providing another great father-son moment AB.

I was going to Austin Falcons Talon, but not now. Add me to the list.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I live off 290 and fairbanks area near the HorseTrack.

We meandered our way around some neighborhoods to get to 290 and west road. we left our house at 7:30 i guess? and by 12 we made it to barker cypress where we decided to turn around.

8. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

My folks are riding it out in Jersey Village.

9. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Does anyone know which public buildings would be open as shelters in Sugar Land area?

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

11. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Looks like I'm sticking it out too.

12. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

I think Kempner high school will be a shelter. Not positive though.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My wife and I just took a drive around the neighborhood, needed to get out of the house for a while with 12 people and 4 dogs being in it. I noticed some of my neighbors boarding up, but not a whole lot. Also the majority of people in my area are sticking around it looks like. My next door neighbor went to Austin yesterday, but i've talked to the other people around me and havent found anyone leaving. A little late to leave now anyways.

As far as the bbs goes, I know that MadMax and Rm95 both live near me and they said they were taking off last night. I wish we'd see a post from them, I hope they're not still on the road. It's possible though.

Still sticking it out and holding strong on the west side.

14. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Add me....I'm riding it out. Northwest side ...off 290 and Highway 6.

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

i was hoping baker street would be open so i could grab a couple of beers while i get some shelter ;)

16. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Add me too almost same exact spot

17. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

boarded up the windows today. i hope everyone that is staying is prepared with food, water, ice, and flashlights.

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Prive (a bar) on Westheimer at Montrose across from the Taco Cabana is open... too expensive for me to drink there, but it is open.

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Im riding it out now. I was headed out buy my flight got cancelled and there was nothing else left. I am going to be riding it out here off of Westhimer and Kirkwood. I was thinking about going back to Live and picking up some booze lol and all my poker stuff and invite some friends to have fun lol.

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Sitting tight in Bellaire. If we live, we're having one hell of a party!