1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone lowkey doesn’t like Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Obviously he likes Morey. And no intelligent person would ever disrespect someone who might offer them a job when they are inevitably fired. Lulz.

With that said. I don't like Stone. Nobody even knows who he is.

D-rock likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/06/rafael-stone-talks-upcoming-draft-scouting-john-wall.html

On a fluid approach to talent in the upcoming 2021 draft: “I’m definitely not geared towards any one type of player; we’re just going to try and find the player or players that we think have the potential to be the best. We’re not a team in our iteration that should be focused on this position versus that position, A. But B, I don’t know that any team is generally doing that in the draft. I think the draft is where you’re trying to find just good talented basketball players, I think, where you start thinking about real positionality and holes is more free agency.”

On Houston’s scouting process: “It’s definitely a collective effort. It’s not just me, I’d say I do my best to use as many different sources of information as I can… I watch a ton. I try to watch them in different situations, I try to envision how they’ll look in our system, both offensively and defensively… My way of thinking about it is you try to funnel. If you can get people who think about basketball differently excited about the same guy, then maybe that’s an interesting guy. When you get to undrafted free agents, or the end of the second round in some respects, you can take a little bit more risk.”

On pricey point guard John Wall‘s long-term fit with Houston: “John was great… Highly competitive guy who’s nice, super high basketball IQ. We were talking to our young guys the other day, and they were laughing about how John looks like he’s half-listening, and then they’ve got questions and he’s walking them through A, B, C through quadruple Z. He’s been around long enough now. He understands his position, he understands his teammates’ positions, he understands what the defense is doing. Having guys around like that, that’s just about what a pro is supposed to do; you’re supposed to get the whole thing… It’s great for young guys to see that because that’s the level of knowledge that you should attain. You’re not going to have that as a rookie.”

On the future development of center Christian Wood: “We think he can be even better. Everybody should always be improving. People don’t have the same rate of improvement, so part of our job is to be constantly monitoring people we think are talented. It could be a guy who could does everything but, shoot, can you teach him how to shoot? That’s frequently a thing… He can score more, I think he can rebound more and defend better. And I think he will.”

On talented swingman Kevin Porter Jr.: “His ballhandling is exceptional. That’s not a secret. His passing is really good, too. It did seem like he was miscast playing off the ball. So maybe we were a little more excited about him because we thought that we could maybe unlock a higher upside by moving him onto the ball. We might have been more excited about him than other teams. I’m not in their room, I don’t know what other teams were doing, so I have no idea. But we really liked him. He’s very young, just turned 21… And I think we believe organizationally that one of our strengths is an ability to be supportive and to help people. An ability to relate.”

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yet when i post things how no-tech peoples takes on out of context statistics are not worthy i get scrutinized. Even Morey said midrange is needed

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its bro love. They respect eachother and want to be the better one at the same tine

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

basketballreference.com currently has him at an 85% chance. Shaky, but no impossible. Say he goes to a contender and gets to the finals again, you could make a decent case for him.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope I am wrong but I always viewed Billups as the better player, and I think he is not in the HOF IIRC.

Billups actually played against a full functioning 4 Superstar Lakers team, 2 Superstar and 2 Older stars.

7. csc177

csc177 Member

He spotted and brought in the first player to make an all rookie first team since Scola in Tate! Give stone his flowers now. :cool:

burlesk likes this.