1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Silas will have second interview Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Oct 16, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I’ll settle for Silas over JVG. I’ll choose JVG over Lucas. Atkinson is my first choice, but it seems that he isn’t coming here.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

still would rather see a Silas hire...give the new guy a shot

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I want new blood, I believe in Silas even though I don't know anything about him lol. I just don't want to drag old bodies here anymore

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. HardenVolumeOne

you dont trade top 3 player in his prime, are warriors considering trading curry. Imagine if his team wasnt stacked every year. Trade westbrook to th knicks and see what you can get back. And have silas work wih that. Thibs loves these athletic pgs like westbrook, so we could get a decent amount for him

D-rock, saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Idk. The one article I read from the Chronicle didn't really seem like he was temporary. Since he has been with Morey I would think that having him would be a more easier transition than hiring someone new along with a new head coach. Think if they do that then Rockets are probably going to be looking at trading Harden and Westbrook to rebuild.

6. Chamillionaire

Silas is the obvious fit here.
    He ran a similar offense in DAL.
    They have Luka, but James still has at least another year or two left playing at a high level.
    Seeing how successful Nick Nurse has been in TOR makes me think we need new blood here.
    I'm sure Silas is respected by players too.
    We sign a PnR/PnP big and we're gonna be much better next year.
    We were maybe the 5th or 6th best team this year.
    We make a few tweaks, get the right coach, run the right system, we're still there, Morey or No Morey.

It just makes too much sense which is why we're probably gonna end up with John Lucas.

#26 Chamillionaire, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Silas would be my top choice....

Of these options.

My top choice really was Tim Duncan. Piss of Spurs fans. EVERYONE respects Tim Duncan. If Tim Duncan, in his quiet but leadership way, tells Harden to do something, and Harden doesn't, sorry James, siding with Duncan on that one. Also did I mention piss off Spurs fans?? But that's not happening.

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Could not care less who we hire. It simply doesn't matter at this point.

ksny15 likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

We’ve tried this Harden experiment for 8 years. We’re definitely not contenders or anywhere remotely close to it. We’re trending in the wrong direction. What does Curry and the Warriors have to do with us? They’re not looking to trade Curry cause their situation is completely different from ours and Curry is a completely different player from Harden. I wanted Silas as coach from the start so even before the Morey news but you’re out of your mind if you think a rookie coach and whatever we get back for Westbrick + Harden is going to contend. Quit wasting mfing time and blow it up. Since you’re a Harden fan first you can always follow him to wherever he ends up.

Bono likes this.
  10. JW86

JW86 Member

I'm fine with Silas.

11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Agreed. Morey was the heart and brains of this operation, he’s gone and we’re stuck with Westbrick and an aging roster. Our time was 2 years ago, really frustrated that after all of this we came out with nothing but jokes at our expense.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The owner and his son are the real GM and assistant GM....... they have Stone to act like the GM and handle contract negotiations and they have Eli to crunch numbers.

This is a long term family business to the Fertitta's, unless they go belly up, Tilman will hand it off to Patrick some day....... so hope they have to sell the team or that Patrick by luck turns out to have some ability.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Soo.....you saying we ****ed basically.

14. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Just hire Silas, and promote Lucas to associate Head Coach.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's a relaxed JVG. The grind of the season all year long turns him into the eye bags we all remember
    It was worth it to see him show rare happiness and his interviews were always great

Richie_Rich, joshuaao, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  16. saleem

Is Silas weak on defense like MDA? Atkinson is somewhat volatile, but strong on both ends.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. saleem

I hope that this will happen.

18. ball king23

ball king23 Member

This is the right man for the Job Stephen Silas

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Feels like the last chance we have at next year being any kind of competitive...

What a weird situation for a team with two mvp’s.

BHannes2BHonest, Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We are definitely in a weird situation, no matter how you slice it.