1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAC @ LAL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BrooksBall, Jan 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rockets_fanatic

Well those maybe the NBA rules, but the rest of the Basketball world do not alter the rules for entertainment purposes. He caught the ball on one foot and that became his pivot foot. He then lifted it ooff of the ground and too a step with it. That is a travel.

That is the one thing that annoys me about the NBA. Guys catch the ball and lift there pivot foot all the time.

2. showtang043

showtang043 Member

wow, he does it again..i agree, calls should be calls, for stars or not, but we all konw its not that way for the nba, but it seems lebron travels more often than others, even wade has his share, its all out there, but kobe's scrutiny is on the highest level all the time, the people who love, really love him, and theres no middle, the people who hate him, despite and hate everything he does as well it seems

3. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Just watched the final few minutes on LPBB. Sacramento is too inexperienced....wow. Not to mention some bull**** calls near the end. And how can you leave Kobe open with no one within 10 feet of him?

4. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Push off or not, that Sergio guy shouldn't have reacted the way he did, almost like a flop, and it left Kobe wide open. That Euro crap always make you look like you got shot of a cannon.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That was just terrible defense. When you're switching all screens like the Kings did, you can't let yourself get picked. At first I thought Sergio was playing deny defense on Kobe and Kobe pushed off Sergio to get open, cause I just caught the part where he was falling down. But after watching the replays, Udoka was on Kobe, Kobe sets a pick, Udoka switches down and Sergio acts like he got shot.

That was all Sergio's fault. If Udoka doesn't switch, then Kobe has a clean pass to the in-bounder who's cutting to the lane for an easy layup. Actually, the best defense would probably have been to double Kobe and then let weak side rotation take care of any cutters.

The fact remains though that Sergio made himself completely useless by running into the pick. I guess Udoka can be blamed too if it was his responsibility to make Sergio aware...but Sergio has to be ready to move back and switch on screens in that scenario.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

False.

7. adoo

adoo Member

your ignorance of the traveling rule manifests itself. take heed to goodbug's informative post and educate yourself

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not a travel the first step then the 2nd two is actually a jump stop, therefore only counts as one, so it was 2 steps.

And a shot.

Terrible Defense...but even worse were the two missed freethrows by the Kings....inexcusable.

DD

9. rockets_fanatic

As I said, to the rest of the Basketball world that is a travel. We all get that NBA rules are there to increase attendance and television ratings.

10. adoo

adoo Member

stop publicizing your ignorance.

11. rockets_fanatic

Just for you, numnuts.

Things like what happened there, I used to get called for all the time as a youngster. Why? Watched NBA Basketball and thought it was okay for me.

Off course, because of FIBA rules are slowly being converted to the NBA format, with the no charge zone and things like that. SO maybe they will change that rule as well.

if you tell me to stop again, I will just repeat myself.

12. adoo

adoo Member

the traveling rule has been intact since NBA's birth, decades before any NBA games were televised.

so stop publicizing your ignorance.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Travel,pushoff, out of bounds or not The Kings blew this one. They had a chance to avoid it coming down to that situation and they failed.

14. DaDakota

It is not a travel in Fiba either....those guys move their feet before dribbling all the danged time, it is why their guards and forwards get called for traveling in the NBA early in their careers, they start moving then dribble.

Not a travel anywhere.....

DD

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah because I literally meant "every single" thread. It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to see what I meant.
    '
    How about in a whole bunch of threads that has absolutely nothing to do with him he gets brought up and the arguments begin.

Don't feel like turning this thread into that so I will agree to disagree about it since you keep on going on and on about it.

16. rockets_fanatic

Gee you are thick headed. In this country. If you establish a pivot foot and it leaves the ground it is a travel. If it leaves the ground while shoot it is ok, unless you hit the ground before releasing the shot.

Never once said the travel rule did not exist. Just like with most rules, they can vary from country to country.

17. rockets_fanatic

I just wanted to add that it is wrong to insults someone for a disagreement on the interpretation of a rule. I have sat in on many arguments between officials at a high level on different rules.

Many times I question one official on a rule and they say I'm wrong, then go to another and they say I'm right.

18. DaDakota

Where did he establish a pivot foot in his shot?

He caught it, then took a step into a jump stop........which meant he had TWO pivot feet established.....

If he moved any foot off that jump stop, then it is a travel...but since he went straight up to shoot it is NOT a travel.

Not a travel on any level anywhere in the world, you are just wrong......case closed.

DD

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Last comments: (1) I'm not the one going on and on about it. (2) I know what you meant and disagree. Thankfully, McGrady doesn't come up in the NBA Dish that often. This is just one of the many reasons I like the NBA Dish so much more than the GARM.

20. DaDakota

Once he is traded though.....watch out !!

;)

DD