1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAC @ LAL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BrooksBall, Jan 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My bad. The recap I read said they were up by three. Nevermind then.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I assume he thought they were down 3.

Edit: Nevermind, he conifrmed that.

3. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Which angle, GB? This video has multiple angles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0xpJah2os) and around the 1:04 mark shows the left heel out, atleast to me.

Are refs only able to review if the basket is good when the buzzer sounds and not whether a player is in bounds when the shot is taken?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, the 1:04 mark almost clearly shows his heel is on the line. But it is what it is.

5. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Once again, the obsession with Kobe is disturbing in here.

6. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

7. goodbug

That's the worst angle, from that angle, you can't tell if his heels were on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzoIBVDsEBo

Check this out. The closest ref was looking at his feet when he shot and he had the best possible angle. If he didn't take it as out of bound, I'd give Kobe the benefit of doubt.

8. goodbug

Check 1:50 of this video, that's the best angle.

9. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Dude, of course you would, you're a Kobe lover.

The haters are equally annoying as well. Why do they use the word "clearly" so often? It's not "clearly" obvious that his heel was out of bounds. If you can't tell if his feet were flat or on their tippy toes, then it's not "clearly" obvious especially at those angles that they have shown.

10. sew

sew Member

Ridiculous shot, but he's clearly out of bounds, you can definitely see his heels touch the ground.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Well.. I have seen footage.. plenty of it of Oscar... not that much of Wilt.. but I've seen Wilt's ridiculous numbers... it was a different era for Wilt though. The man played tall.. nobody else could match him. Oscar and Kobe are real close... same type of players... I'd give the edge to Kobe though.

12. goodbug

I said it as objectively as a human being possibly could. I said you can't tell from the video. But you can tell the ref was looking at it at the right place at the right time. If he didn't see an out of bound play or he couldn't tell either, no call is good call.

13. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

2nd best of All-Time? :mad:

Tell me how Kobe is better than any of these guys...

-Kareem
    -Moses Malone
    -Bill Russell
    -Tim Duncan
    -Shaquille O'Neal
    -Hakeem Olajuwon
    -Larry Bird
    -Magic Johnson
    -Wilt Chamberlain

Kobe may be the best player in the world at this point, but if his career ended I would not have him in the Top 10 especially with the type of things a guy like Moses Malone has accomplished.

14. twoface723

twoface723 Member

Let is burn slow haters.. haha

15. Rocket Rowdie

Rocket Rowdie Member

So can the Kings appeal that? I mean I think it's pretty clear he's out... Replay the last 1.2 next time the Kings are in town?

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

:rolleyes:
    Please. He's an excellent player, but not the second-best, and from my perspecitve, he has a loonngg way to go before he surpasses Hakeem, much less the guys who everyone admits were superior to him.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Eh... how did he "risk" his body? Was he diving for the ball or something? He was simply chasing down a slightly overthrown ball. Risking his body? That has to be one of the most exaggerating statements in this thread.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol It doesn't bother me I just don't get why people bring up T-mac in every single basketball thread that has nothing to do with him. I understand the T-mac garbage and arguments in GARM because that is where we discuss The Rockets even though he isn't with the team anymore.

But SAC/LAL game thread is different.

Again it doesn't bother me much I just don't get why people do this in just about EVERY thread.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

He did dive in the air, he could have easily gotten hurt. I don't know if you're talking about the same play they are talking about????

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Did you see the play?

He jumped over the Kings' player's back and it looked like he speared the ground with his shoulder from several feet in the air.

I am in no way trying to glorify Kobe Bryant but that was in the Chuck Hayes category of hustle.