1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russ believers thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Sep 7, 2020.

?

Will Russ bounce back for the rest of the playoffs?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

He had a teammate who shot free throws at 90%, but he decided he'd be better off with Russ and a lot fewer draft picks.

[Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add: "I believe in Russ!!!"]

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I won't be suprised if he drops 40-50 piece In these series

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

It went from we need him to beat okc, now yall hope he doesn't play at all lol we need russ plain and simple

RocketRed84 likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is shaping up to be Westbrook's 5th straight absolute failure in the postseason. Still believing in him is objectively hilarious at this point.

DaDakota, jordnnnn, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  5. Garner

Garner Member

I believe his bounce back is still outside of what Houston needs. Russ on this team never made sense, still doesn't. When he's turning the ball over, just give his minutes to House/Rivers and call it a day.

6. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

At this point, this is our biggest source of hope. So yes, I'm a believer!

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Based on what/who we gave up to get him and where his talent level is compared to the rest of the team, yes he need him. That being said, we need attack-the-basket Russ and not 3-point-chucker Russ.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

James Gordon.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I expect a bunch of 1-2 PnR between Harden and Russ with Harden as the ballhandler.

If the Lakers double like they have been its an easy 4v3 for Russ attacking off the roll. This allows him to get the ball with a head of steam already attacking the rim.

If they don't double Harden just attacks off the screen.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he will bounce back because that is what he does. You either get the crazy highs or the low lows with him.

Besides that I don't think we win the series without him. We need his drives to offset bad shooting quarters from three for the rest of the team. In spite of D'Antoni and Morey stats there still is a place for mid range shots especially with the rim protectors that the Lakers are deploying.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Russ actually played the first few mins of the game pretty well on Sunday IMO. He had some good, aggressive drives that led to some great looks... problem was he just blew the finish, which I mostly chalk up to bad luck. I can't help but wonder how differently that game might have played out for him if those first couple layups fall, let alone if he didn't get into foul trouble (fuggin Foster). His defense became absolute trash after his 4th foul, and between that and his offensive struggles, by the start of the 4th Q, I found myself really hoping Foster would just foul him out so we could finish the game without him.

I think he can turn it around... The biggest positive is that the Lakers aren't really the kind of team that will get under his skin, IMO. Maybe Rondo a bit, but that's about it. If we play the Clippers in the WCF, though, I think Beverley and their overall dirty play could turn Westbrook into a terrifyingly unpredictable stick of dynamite.

#52 SuperMarioBro, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I mean what choice do we have?

14. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

I do think he bounces back and with everyone, hopes it's sooner rather than latter.

In my eyes, it's more his timing that's off and is affecting every part of his game in noticeable ways (especially his handle and passing). Just a clear sign of rust.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well that teammate let him down big time last year...he was a no show and a most surprising one...then he becomes great again as soon as he left harden.... just confirms my theory that harden is the most unfortunate superstar ever...

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well if youre rusty be very cautious, like in game 5 when he had 0 turnovers and dont take a lot of 3s

HewbieTrippin likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

Paul didn’t look great when the game and the series was on the line in game 7 in the clutch. Infact he pretty much lost the game for them with bad turnovers and missed shots. He went totally missing in the last 8 minutes of the fourth .

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Caprah

Caprah Member

This lin troll trying to bash the beard by suggesting Harden help paul back in a dishonest way...we see right through you

19. Caprah

Caprah Member

Russ dumbrick is who he is folks. He is a dumb low iq playa.... you better hope and pray that by the grace of god he just has a good night and just plays within himself.

He can’t even carry Lamar Hardens jockstrap as a baller

#59 Caprah, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  20. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Russ has to stop shooting 3s, his 3-point attempts are essentially turnovers. He is one of the best rim attackers of this generation, yet he continues to give the defense what they want, bad jumpshots.