1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Rockets Mull Trading Jones, Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Correct response.

2. malakas

malakas Member

If there are serious talks gotta think its either toronto or wizards. Darkhorse indy, portland.

Anyway the source of this is slightly more credible than steve kyler. So basically a hack.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

That trade value tho.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I already mentioned your DMo mancrush recently. :) As I said, the return for him would have to be impressive. Not untouchable. But the far less likely candidate to be moved.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I heard nobody is being traded no time soon. And we all know everybody but Harden and Howard is trade bait.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones hasn't shown improvement and has somewhat regressed in some areas from a strong year last year when he was healthy. DMo is still an unknown though but as long as he plays at a similar level to last year he will probably be the "chosen" one.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Dmo is more valuable to us than anyone else, I doubt teams would offer much until he's proven to be over his back injury (a pig in a poke), and if and when he proves it, why would you trade a 7 foot forward?

8. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Exactly, you can't teach height. DMO is a better option. His footwork and post play is what the Rockets need. There are not many games last year that I recall him being inconsistent. He also defended pretty well and came up with some big plays.

Sometimes with Jones, I feel he seems lost. His play isn't consistent enough to warrant a big pay day. He shows glimmers and then the next game looks lost again. I'm not sure why as he does have talent. He also has tendencies to be a dirty player. Look at the play where he elbowed the Dallas player in the head. To me it looked intentional.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can't teach height that is right but Morey should know because he drafted tons of undersized material.

And I do not think just because someone is 7 ft does not mean he is untouchable.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Ryan

Ander

Son...

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

KJ at around 3 millionish and TJones at around 2millionish and being hard capped isn't going to land you much if you combine those guys together. Brewer is playing pretty bad or else his 8M would come in the clutch in a deal for a better player. I'm not a huge fan of TJones by any means. But at the price Rockets are paying him is there anyone else that's gonna give us more?

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahaha ...I saw that.

Guilty as charged. :grin:

13. basketballholic

Are we trying to get him?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Have tried; have failed. FA next summer, will be payed.

15. Moahst

Moahst Member

I feel like Terrence's value has dropped so low at this point DMo is a lot more likely to be dealt. We might be stuck with Tjo.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty poor logic. You might as well be saying that since Sam Dekker's trade value is pretty low that we should trade James Harden and be stuck with Dekker. It doesn't work like that. When trading Jones you aren't looking to get some great return for him, you're just looking to get something for him on his way out.

17. nobie

nobie Member

Other teams might be interested in DMo, since hes been injured and his trade value gone down, so they think they might get him for cheap.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Several NBA teams want the Rockets Terrence Jones in a trade package. As of now Rockets holding on to him.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/673911242453475328">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The magic words, "As of now."

20. basketballholic

Sure hope this is true (Teams wanting TJ), even though it sounds like propaganda hype in an attempt to increase Terrence's trade value by projecting there is demand for him.