1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in talk with league about DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chance, Dec 12, 2016.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hope he enjoys joking to himself now that he's been banned.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

IF that is what is going on here, you would think DMo would not be mad at the Rockets - and that his agent would have told him to stay quiet this is all getting worked out.

It is 100% what I think is happening (Just guessing) so, it will be interesting to see what happens.

The league could put him back as an RFA, reinstate the 37m offer from Brooklyn, or put him in Brooklyn, but I doubt he will be with the Rockets now.

DD

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Might it have been an offer as a FAVOR to BJ?

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So your guessing (100% happening) is more accurate than anybody else's. Maybe you should re-word it to (Just BSing).

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To really be honest with you, this stinks. It sticks on both ends .....

I did try speaking for DMo but the more I think about it, the more I want to stay out of it, be done with it.

6. DaDakota

Maybe you should not worry so much about others and shut your gob.

:)

DD

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He made an 8 second comment and said nothing of interest. Did I miss a longer clip or something?

KDavis likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn, 10 pages behind from late this morning to this afternoon and here I thought something might have happened.

NOPE!

[​IMG]

CCity Zero and hakeem94 like this.
  9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

10. DaDakota

Ok, new guess.

The Rockets went by the literal rules in working this deal with DMo, but the rules of the CBA were never intended to allow this type of situation to happen, either you match once an offer was signed or you don't - and the league stepped in to try to close that loop hole and work it out with all parties involved.

That is my final guess.......until the next one!

:)

DD

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

This needs to come to a resolution. D-Mo gonna be bald by the time he suits up again.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Except DD.

He's still 100% sure that his wild guesses are 100% what's he's thinking.

IMHO.

DD

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This has turned out to be a who's who of Clutchfans turdiest posters.

Shame on the people throwing the organization under the bus. Shame on the people throwing Morey under the bus.

We have a bunch of Tracy McGrady divas in here, and you can all suck my balls.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

100% Hypothetically, If DMO were awarded to the Nets, would this create a loophole or a crack in the space time continuum where DD would have to go with him to the BKN GARM? If he posts in that GARM where we are not looking, are we all still wrong? If peanut butter had Bubble gum in it, would you call it Peanut Gum or Bubble Butter? Hypothetically!!

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DD isn't 100% sure until he puts things in ALL-CAPS. So, note he hasn't turned them on, yet.

He can ABSOLUTELY say stuff like "100%" with varying degrees of commitment, but not until he turns on the ALL-CAPS will the same words be fully leveled up to maximum DDness.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

NOT ONE DIME!!!!

Richie_Rich, mikol13, mrm32 and 3 others like this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

We match then he fails the team physical. Now he goes to the team that we already matched? We need some sort of compensation if he goes to the Nets. He "belongs" to us or it is not restricted free agency. He has VALUE give us him OR his VALUE.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

BJ created the entire situation. The Rockets always wanted D-Mo back and have negotiated in good faith. You have this story so wrong you're almost basketballholic. The only way you can blame Morey for this is by saying he should have disregarded RFA rules entirely, just for D-Mo. Why? Why would he do that? It would have been malpractice for him to do that and it would have been bad for our team. Remember our team? And no front office in the league wanted Morey to set bad precedent by disregarding RFA rules.

D-Mo and BJ have been delusional all along. And they have been acting out like wronged children. Neither D-Mo nor BJ is above RFA and they don't get to skirt it just because they feel like it.

The **** BJ has been spreading has been incredibly self-destructive and even more destructive to his client. And he has made his client believe he DESERVES more than any team will pay him. Morey played it by the book. It's D-Mo/BJ that kept backing out and always with the ****-talking. Morey on the other hand has kept quiet, as anyone in his situation should. He's not fighting back publicly no matter how many attacks he takes from BJ, etc. You're not hearing any of the team's side of the story, only D-Mo's over-entitled whining. And if D-Mo didn't want to be here he never should have said, after the Nets offer, that he'd be happy with either team.

Why would he be happy playing for the devil, since that's how he's apparently viewed by BJ/D-Mo? If he hadn't said he would be happy coming back I expect this might have gone differently.

And yeah, he's damaged goods now. D-Mo, I mean. But that's only half because he failed two physicals in a year. The other half is that the entire league knows what a drama queen he is now and how easily he will turn on a front office. If I were a GM, I'd stay far away from a player that is quickly developing a reputation as a cancer. His behavior has been out of control and he has no one but himself to blame. Morey and D'Antoni and Les wanted him back and tried to get him back.

I don't know what happened with the most recent physical. All of my posts here are based on what I'm reading here and elsewhere. But if the NBA has been brought in, it's my strong suspicion it's to talk sense to BJ and explain to him he doesn't get to whine his way out of RFA.

I can't think of even one other reason the league would be involved now. Morey negotiated in good faith; BJ didn't. That's more than plain to anyone following these threads. D-Mo is making a diva of himself and harming himself with his behavior at least as much as he's harmed by his inability to pass a physical.

Do you think Morey WANTED him to fail? If so, you just think he's the devil. Because Morey had just renegotiated the contract to make both parties happier and they were expecting him to play here. A GM doesn't decide if D-Mo passes a physical; a doctor does. And if we want him here to play or want to have him here to give us flexibility in a possible trade, we have his rights and it is only bad news for the front office and Morey that he failed the physical.

We need that crying man that was so upset over people picking on Britney Spears or whomever it was to make a sobbing "Stop picking on D-Mo!" video.

Hey D-Mo, in case you're reading, the world is not out to get you. Morey is not out to get you. Stop taking bad advice from an ass of an agent that is only using you to try to break RFA as we know it.

Deuce, Rashmon, daywalker02 and 7 others like this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm actually surprised Cuban hasn't gotten involved at this point. The Mavs may be the only team in the league who actually needs DMo more than he needs them.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. Somewhere, Josh Smith has just taken his own name and moved it a notch above DMo's on his "Desirable Free Agents" totem board.

DonKnock, joshuaao and Batman Jones like this.