1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets add Romel Beck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets111, Sep 29, 2009.

1. OpportunityCost

Signed,

VSpan

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Looks like a good perimeter player. Can shoot, pass, great crossover and a bad attitude.

3. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

I highly doubt he can be effective in the NBA game. Seems like he has a great set of skills, but would struggle in a team atmosphere such as the one the Rockets currently employ.

4. AXG

AXG Member

Wow, I remember Beck from two years ago crossing over Bryant! He's not quite polished but he's so fiery when he plays, which is something this team needs. Another reason to watch Pre-season. :)

5. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Mad max reincarnated?

6. sergio

sergio Member

Looks like he has good game focus and ignore's all the taunting unlike artest that has to respond to everything people say and lose's focus in the game.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Oh. I see what you did there

(spoilered for size)
    [​IMG]

8. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

you looks like a young kobe with the fro....or is it just me?

9. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Taking a look at the tapes of this guy on youtube, it seems like he is nothing more than Temple or Conray inasmuch as he is someone who was called at the last minute to make sure we had plenty of players for scrimmages during training camp. the chances of this guy making the team, i feel, are pretty slim, considering how high the personnel is on chase, anticipating McGrady's return, and a pretty packed backcourt already (in terms of players who have either earned a spot or are competing for one - Brooks, Lowry, Taylor, Bundinger, McGrady, Temple, Conroy). McCants, as a last-minute addition, probably stood the best chance of actually making the team (alongside Budinger and Taylor).

10. fengyi_wu

fengyi_wu New Member

wonderful,you know,he is a guy that rockets need to be success

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Beck is the Von wafer signing for this year-He is good and can flat out shoout the rock. If you watched the fiba of americas 2 years ago you will see this kid is going to be a playe

12. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Beck is the Von wafer signing for this year-He is good and can flat out shoout the rock. If you watched the fiba of americas 2 years ago you will see this kid is going to be a player

13. Seth

Seth Member

This is the guy Mexico excluded from the roster because he didn't pass the ball and always looked for his own stats.

The coach said he was bad for the team and was unwilling to play for the team.

I do not like this signing.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Not many Mexican players in the league, two ever actually. Eduardo Najera and Horacio Llamas, that is Mexican born players. If anything he would be great for marketing even if he didn't get much pt. Anything to get the stands filled.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Private message me if you agree:

Pick any other player you think "would make it" in the team.

We'll make it public. I say he makes it. Do you want to pick another player, or just go against me to say Beck won't make it? :confused:

Either way, I am confident he will make the team.... even with so many wingers.

We'll make it sweet: the loser has to give some moolah to the TIPJAR. How's about it? PM me.

16. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

any training camp pics of this mexican guy?

17. tharges

tharges Member

Why isn't Adelman playing Beck? looks as though everyone else has played except Beck.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure why there is all the hate for this kid. As for not being Hispanic sounding enough, Beck's full name is:

Romel Roberto Beck Castro

I don't think there will be that much confusion as to his ethnicity, if that even mattered.

I like his game, even though he needs to add strength, he is aggressive and ultra confident, long, creates off the dribble, sweet shooting stroke, hops, can create, runs, willing and effective man defender. Unlike others, I like his nastiness. And he is not starstruck. Neither Kobe or Scola intimidated him one bit. I like that Morey takes chances on these kind of players. Low dollar, low risk, high reward players.

Rockets need MORE of those kind of players. Even though Beck is older, I like his upside more than the Rashard McCants, who is yet another smallish swing.