1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: James Harden Accountability, P.J. Tucker Contract Among Rockets' Gripes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Dodirt1015

Dodirt1015 Member

Well said I agree on all points

saleem likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I knew Harden was difficult, but when the news comes all at once it is not a good look for your star player. Russ is Harden's friend, If he can't get to him no one can. Are they even friends anymore? I don't think so if Russ wants out and not even giving Silas a chance.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden has to be "Perfect"
    It is that simple . .. everyone else and their deficiencies . . . have to be worked around by Harden

Rocket River

MettaWorldPete and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This bad side is just frustration.

If you can't change and your teammates plus your coach can't bail you out mostly, that's alot of suppressed frustration.

I would be as well.

He has to find ways counteracting that frustration.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he took criticism well . .. he might be Jeremy Lin and not JAMES FRICKING HARDEN

Rocket River

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically

Next year they will love Morey, DanAndToni and Westbrook again

Rocket River

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Asian Sensation

The thing is he’s NEVER a top 3 player when it matters the most. You know.... in the playoffs. What we see in the regular season from Harden is definitely not what we get in the postseason.

Also, loyalty means **** all at the end of the day. Nobody gives a **** if you leave if you delivered the goods.

RedRedemption likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Steph has played in a better situation with better players, coaches and a better front office. On top of that, Steph Curry is elite. He’s a special case. In fact if you take away Harden/ Westbrook/ & Durant’s OKC team that went to the finals, only 4 teams ( Spurs, Lakers, Warriors & Mavs) have won the Western Conference over the last 21 years. I love how people act like it’s so easy to “ Get a ring”. This organization hasn’t gotten the job done. You need more than 1 guy.

BHannes2BHonest and Rocket River like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s been the best player in a series and still lost, he’s been a top 3 player in playoffs and not won a ring. He’s also had some flubs, but the last 3-4 years (and even before) he is an all time great playoff performer. Look it up.

Plus your takes are hot garbage, you have an agenda. That is very clear.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If feelings inside the locker room can be mended, you’ll get that with Stephen Silas. He’s among the most prepared coaches in the NBA.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He was determined to leave Tillman's Circus and would have backpacked to Philly arriving there via support from " Extreme Makeover" Morey would have looked last me a new man.

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Talking a coach most in the basketball world know nothing of up serves what purpose?

13. Asian Sensation

Sure, if you’re not watching the games and just looking at his stats.

Touché. Just because I disagree with you... I have an agenda. K, got it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

James Harden isn’t perfect, but this is a terrible take. If Chris Paul doesn’t have his hamstring pop at the end of game 5 in the 2018 Western Conference Finals against the Warriors, the Rockets win that series, and they would have defeated the Cavs in the NBA Finals. How was Harden not playing like a top-3 player in the world in that series? It was him, Paul and a bunch of role players (some were really good like Capela, Tucker and Gordon) against Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.

Paul didn’t play in game 6 or 7, and the Rockets still built double-digit leads in both games. (Game 6: the Rockets led 39-22 after the first quarter and 61-51 at half time; Game 7: The Rockets were ahead 48-33 with five minutes remaining before half time, ultimately taking a 54-43 lead to the locker room.)

That’s further proof he was playing at an MVP level.

#94 DVauthrin, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  15. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

At this point I'm open to trading Harden. It is tough to continue to ignore consistent rumors over the years of his lack of leadership, the team accommodating him too much, and his inability to adjust or take feedback. He's not an easy player to play alongside, and his body language when things go downhill is horrible.

I know that sets this team back a lot. There's no way around it and we will get worse next season if we trade him. But I would rather trade him while he has a ton of value for a top pick (ideally #1) vs. holding onto him until he has none left.

I am for holding onto Russ. I think his main gripe is James' playing style and with James gone I think he'd be more open to staying. He is also someone who we wont get much for given his age and contract. I think if you go into next season with Russ as your #1, a bright young rookie star as #2, and the pieces we have surrounding those two (and hopefully some cap space to sign guys after Harden is gone), we should be competitive.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ding ding freakin' ding. Louder for the people in the back.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Watch the games, criticize the play, appreciate the play and agonize in defeat. Always as a Houston fan.

I don’t care if you disagree with me, that’s sports talk.
    Your agenda towards Harden is evident, not just from this conversation. Hard to have a genuine conversation when you’re biased that much.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You really want to get rid of Harden and keep Westbrook?
    That is just absolutely crazy imo

19. Asian Sensation

As opposed to your agenda of keeping Harden here and trying to spin a broken record for the 9th time?

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I just wouldn’t get rid of a known super valuable quantity for pennies on the dollar.

Asian Sensation likes this.