1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: James Harden Accountability, P.J. Tucker Contract Among Rockets' Gripes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 12, 2020.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love people dogging on Harden. He played amazing defense in the post season and was double teamed at half court with one of those players being Lebron. What else do you expect from him? MDA sucked because he doesn't know what to do when teams force them out of their normal game plan.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Fchowd woke up to an early Christmas.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I used to make that argument with Harden but then I looked at Wade's time in Miami with Lebron and he definitely wasn't in his prime. He had similar impact to what CP3 provided. I would also say Lebron carried absolute scrubs to the finals with the Cavs in his first stint there. In 2015 Harden didn't have a great supporting cast, but he had a okay to mediocre one. LeBron's cast in the first Cavs stint was absolutely horrible.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

All the stars, even those who win championships, get mentally lazy sometimes in the regular season. I don’t care about that so much.

What I want to know is, in principle, does harden see that if he dominates ISO and consistently neglects off ball movement for his co-stars, other stars are not going to work?

If he doesn’t get that, it’s time to rebuild.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

I expect variety in our offense where it isn't so easy to deny our best scorer the ball in the 4th.

6. fchowd0311

I'm surprised you have this take. Harden has to realize if he wants to attract the right stars, he has to change his play style somewhat.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Rivers was barked at by Harden after the former MVP missed a free throw and blamed Rivers—who was standing up by the bench—for distracting him."

Lmao i remember seeing this live. If this kind of stuff is true and James doesn't even take feedback from Russell, we have quite the daddys little girl on our hands.

daywalker02 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Asian Sensation

Got locked down by Luguentz Dort and made only 4 total shots in game 7. Let said scrub Dort pop off for 30 points. Amazing!

joshuaao and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

This. I can understand fans doging Rivers for demanding a larger role or something. But this anecdote just shows the diva mindset Harden has.

I feel like someone like Lebron is far more approachable as a teammate with younger not so established players. Lebron is someone who probably inspires confidence in his teammates while teammates around Harden probably have to walk on eggshells to not get on Harden's bad side. And getting on Harden's bad side means you might lose a roster spot.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And did he win in his first stint? No

Also, Wade may have been a lesser version but was still a 20 pt guy with finals experience and still had Bosh. Harden has never had that kind of talent as a Rocket.
    2018 would have been the closest but there really wasn’t an elite 3rd option.
    Harden has his flaws, but is still a top 3 player in the league and is loyal.

11. HardenVolumeOne

problem is if harden sacrifices his numbers, the media wont reward him with an all-star or all=nba selection. Harden wont get the steph curry pass

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Loving the Rockets vibe right now. Great stuff. Much success on the way.

napalm06 and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think this is a power play by the players and the billionaire has no leverage. P.j. tucker will probably be traded for IBaka which is the right move. The top 2 stars at this point are future 1st ballot hall of fame's but just like T-Mac they dont want to make the sacrifices necessary from a leadership standpoint to win. Mostly its accountability. James Harden in particular is a generational player top 5 but when you compare him with MJ and Kobe he shifts blame and lowers the temperature on his own shortcomings. This sport is full of grown men who cannot accept disrespect for long without getting to the promised land. Nobody would have put up with MJ and Kobe if they didn't win the prize.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

How do you know this? Does Harden have rings where the media would treat him like Steph?

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Steph has one legitimate ring, and was still a media darling before. Not even close to the player Harden is.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think he is a diva per se, totally chill off court.

But on the court he is probably less approachable and locked in 'Single warrior with the occasional assist' mode.

Sometimes in the 'Only pass and do nothing else' mode. Now 'Post D but nothing else' mode.

Especially in those close games and Playoffs.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Every team has issues but it doesn't take a Philadelphia lawyer to see everything started falling apart with tilman. It's that simple, no mental jujitsu needed.

BamBam and MettaWorldPete like this.
  18. fchowd0311

Harden was a media darling in OKC and his first couple of years in Houston. He started getting the massive hate mainly starting with 2015-2016.

And one "legitimate" ring is all it takes for the media to love you.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

the posts on this board say different. everything has been fine for the last 2 years. and this year everything is great once mda and morey decided to gtfoh.

oh wait

Dgn1 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

It's hard to say. Harden is definitely "eccentric" and has some characteristics of being a diva with his party lifestyle and never settling down. But definitely on the court, you don't want to get on Harden's bad side as a teammate and it seems like it can be really easy to get on his bad side.