1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Reality] Harden will lose MVP to Giannis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 5, 2019.

1. jcf

jcf Member

I get that. But, it is not really about how it affects how much we like him now. Memories are short and inaccurate. Awards like this do matter in the future. It really may matter to Harden throughout his retirement. History tends to revise our views on players.

Of course, we would all rather have the Rockets win a championship than see Harden win MVP this year.

But, there is something about fairness.

Truthfully, I don't watch Bucks games unless they are playing the Rockets so I am probably disqualified from judging who between them is the MVP.

But, when they do play each other, I see ABC as an extremely good player who is allowed to bull his way to the basket and has a limited repertoire. Of course his shooting percentage is better, he is dunking.

I am biased, but Harden is the man. He has played well in the playoffs but he really needs a transcendent run in the playoffs to seal his reputation.

However, this year has been insane. It is almost like people expect it and so discount it. Harden has truly had an historical season.

And, out of fairness, when he is retired, it really is unfortunate that he isn't getting what I believe (admittedly with my limited personal knowledge -- but knowing that abc has not had a historical season) he truly deserves.

2. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

But the Greekfreak will get a 50 point double double and be proclaimed as the 2nd coming of Wilt...

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Fairness is nothing more than prospective...

ABC is a cinderella story -vs - a player that most that buy the tickets don’t relate too.

The NBA is going to market what is best for the future of the league. The players want to play in front of sold out venues and everyone gets paid -> even the player that is harder to relate to. Harden is not the face most want to see. If the MVP was just about on court play Harden wins by a lot; as we are finding out it’s not.

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Honestly, Giannis is completely out of control on ~50% of his drives. They really shouldn’t call a block when the guy falls over throwing up an under handed lay up.

Somehow that leads to 21 FT’s, lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Thats all it is...Harden is proven and breaking records. While it seems everyone is in love with Giannis's length and mobility, and his potential to dominant. Harden is doing it. Giannis is awesome not to take away from him but you have to give Harden credit at some point. You CAN NOT down play his greatness forever because of how we aquired him.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Tom Haberstroh says Giannis. He’s usually a big Harden supporter.

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

30 people will say they don’t announce the winner until after the season :rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Giannis dunks a lot. He is the MVP. Case closed!

9. Handles

Handles Member

I wonder how many unassisted 3s for Harden. I guess shooting isn’t cool unless you’re Curry. Giannis bullying his way and dunking by jumping 3 inches is apparently more appealing to people.

Didn’t watch the whole vid though. Had to stop immediately when he was joke crying about getting dunked on by brother. Just lame, not funny.

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Low key that actually is something. Think about that for a second. The *excitement* of the big game 3pt shot is cool when Curry does it, but not when Harden does it. I guess *because he travels all the time*......right?

Ramo$e and hakeem94 like this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Jesus! He's 6ft 11! Of course he's going to dunk a lot.

12. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Does this guy has a vote? He is not in last year's voters list.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Voters change each year. But likely 80% are the same.

14. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

James Harden has made 309 unassisted threes. I think that's a bigger number than his big number.

BaselineFade, Ramo$e, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

**** this thread and all the quitters.

fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Game7

Game7 Member

If he doesn’t win, it’s a total travesty. You are right. On to the next...

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. HRox832

HRox832 Member

10, 20, 30 years from now people will be bringing up how Harden was robbed for the MVP. Giannis may win it, but it'll feel like a travesty if Harden doesn't

18. Handles

Handles Member

It’s one of my least favorite thing about media in general. Always so caught up in the moment and in the narratives. It’s their own little world. In 10 years when media personalities age and we see new ones replace them, new talking heads will look at Harden’s snubs and be like WTF??

fattz likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Every Bleacher Report comment section ever:

upload_2019-4-6_14-14-47.png

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

QUITTERS GO HOME!

TheRealAllpro and fattz like this.