1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Reality] Harden will lose MVP to Giannis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Apr 5, 2019.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Sorry to say it but after tonight's game against the Sixers I really don't see Harden winning the MVP. Harden has had a momentous historic season but our win totals are just too low and the Bucks have the best record in the NBA.

It's amazing that James Harden is eclipsing Michael Jordan and yet he won't win the MVP... what a travesty

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden scores 80 in the next 2 games and we get the 2 seed. He wins MVP that way.

Earnie Banks, Ramo$e, gatsby and 9 others like this.
  3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Crush the Bucks in the finals and get the FMVP. Then all is well. That’s all that matters.

4. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

what a useless thread

s3ts, tnluong84, Ramo$e and 5 others like this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He won MVP last year and we still lost to GS. How sweet would it be if he lost this year and we topple the Worriers? The media will construct this award how they see fit, and if they want to undermine Harden's greatness and Giannis' potential so be it.

6. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

At this point, that scenario will give him a slight boost in chances for fringe voters. For every Chris Broussard voter out there who gave majority weight to the "body of work" of the entire season, all they needed was just ONE marquee game for Giannis to have a stellar stat line to justify their vote. Winning 2 straight 80 point games against the Knicks and Suns isn't going to bolster James' case that's built majority on an historic stat line.

James would have to erase 8 of our losses, pencil those to wins, shave off his beard for the "fresh face" voters, smile when he's on TNT for his last game in addition to securing only wins with at least 2 60-burgers; then, we would see him take definitive, marginal lead.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

yeah I agree.. but atleast the clippers announcer showed the true feelings of most voters, as they all feel Harden is cheating .. I am going to end up trolling the heck out of all the voters. However, I have to admit Giannis is truly worthy, the guy is truly a remarkable talent, his numbers and bucks record is impressive. So its not going to hurt as much as it did when Westbrick won it. But I am 99% sure if script was swapped and westbrook was putting exactly Hardens stats and OKC had rockets record, the MVP would have been a lock for him prior to the all star break.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

not after the sixers game. before the season even opened, there was simply no way james harden was going to be named mvp again

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

What also sucks is how they elevate players like KG and Pierce when they spout how Harden doesn't have what it takes to win, as though they have the most winning DNA.. We are all old enough to remember how much Pierce Celtics sucked prior to 2008.. His first ten years he missed the playoffs six years. KG had one western conference showing, 7 first round and outs and 3 times missed playoffs entirely prior to joining celtics in 2008. Where as Karl Malone is almost entirely forgotten, where The Mailmans Utah was a perennial contender every year, his team practically won 55+ games every year. Even though he played in the toughest era where he had to deal with the Dream, Sonics (kemp and Payton), Robinsons spurs, and Barkleys Phoenix... Its revolting to me how some guys just collude with other players and sign as free agents to form super duper teams and tilt the competitive balance, just because they weren't good enough. By the way rox never did that, we traded for Clyde, we traded all our young assets for and again Barkley (Horry, Cassell), we traded (Cat and Franchise) for Tmac, and again we traded (Bev, Lou, Harrell) for an aging CP3

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Great. And hopefully we meet them in the finals and he’s goes Hakeem on Robinson on they ass.

solid and ramotadab like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wonder who Harden's going to finish 2nd to next year. My guesses...

1. Giannis again
    2. Durant
    3. Lebron

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It actually helped us in 95' nothing like that extra motivation.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So negative
    So woe is me

I guess the East needs some thing

Rocket River

topfive likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Do we really need a new thread every single time someone here concludes that Giannis will win MVP?

Amel, IvanLCPM, snowconeman22 and 6 others like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so Giannis' 2nd 45 pt game this season convinced you of that?

you know Harden has 12 such games with 9 of them 50+ right?

francis 4 prez and forchette49 like this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Sad isn’t it

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. Roc Paint

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Most of Giannis' MVP pitch is circular - Giannis is the MVP, becuase people said in December he is likely to win the MVP.

By repeating the tautology, you create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You should be embarrassed for being part of the problem.

Philip K. Nick and BeBreezy like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The sixers game will live on in NBA lore for...like minutes, maybe even..hours.

Nobody cared/watched. Nobody is talking about it this AM. That's actually in part due to Harden. Scoring 50 and 60 on a regular basis makes 40 point games pretty meh.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Roc Paint

Good news is Stephen A. Smith is still on our side

Ramo$e likes this.