1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael, I hope.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, May 1, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Using examples of PJ and Lebron to compare CW isn't relatable at all.

PJ's bball IQ and ability to fit on teams is a testament to his intelligence and skillset. That doesn't apply to CW. PJ does things CW can't do and brings the intangibles that are vital to winning teams. most importantly he fully understands who he is as a player which is something you can't say about a ton of players

It's self explanatory with Lebron. He'll never be in his realm so not relatable at all.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

BBall IQ comes through experiences. PJ played 4yrd of college, overseas and NBA. He's 38yrs old. Give Wood time, that's all I'm saying. BTW, Wood is better than PJ was at this stage of their careers.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody is talking who the better player is. it's not relevant who is actually. They're two completely different players. Wood is already 26. the give time excuse doesn't really apply much

One player actually impacts winning and has done it for a long time. The other hasn't. I couldn't careless about empty numbers wood has put up to this point

#103 YOLO, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    RudyTBag likes this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

i don't get this logic. Are we actually trying to win? 1 more year of tanking!! Gotta trust the process.

Sixers got impatient or they woulda had the greatest dynasty ever..

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wood will actively hurt the development of the players on this roster that are worth a damn. What happened to Carmelo Anthony's basketball IQ? How about Westbrook's? They have had ALL the experiences and still play like losing morons. They are both net negatives, as is Christian Wood, who is far less talented than either of those guys.

YOLO likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I will be shocked If Christian Wood figures out how to impact winning. The dude can't even find his own way to the weight room.

Meanwhile, we are supposed to let KPJ and JG look like doo-doo WITH Christian Wood.

Wood has to go.

hakeem94 and Verbal Christ like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Christian Wood is a lost cause…people really need to stop copping pleas for this dude and looking foolish

Christian Wood missed a mandatory Covid test which violated team rules, did not start the game because of the violation as a consequence, and then got so much into his feelings that he refused to check into the game

that’s the type of guy Christian Wood is

Wood is the type of guy who is happy if he drops 30 in a 20 point L and would be able to tell u all of his boxscore stats postgame

Christian Wood does not care about the team, only about himself

no one should have any faith in Christian…he needs to go, and it needs to be expeditiously

Verbal Christ and comrade like this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wonder if Rafael is watching the playoffs

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It's a copycat league, and copying other teams won't get us anywhere.

Get guys that can play both ways and stop stressing about inches.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

If he drafts Banchero with 1st pick then we know he isn't or he is but just doesn't care/understand how teams win in postseason.

Big guys who cannot switch are useless.

My greatest fear realized.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Guys who can't guard the perimeter respectably are really becoming useless in the playoffs. Hell even Gobert's defensive impact was muffled and he's a DPOY-level interior defender.

It's what worries me about Chet. I don't want to find out Luka can torch us out of the playoffs by seeking Chet on the perimeter. That would be too big a weakness to build a foundation on.

Could be wrong about Chet though.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd be more worried about perimeter defense of Banchero, Ivey, Sharpe, Griffin honestly.

Chet's insane length + IQ + effort allows him to recover if beaten.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

both sengun and rockets would be better off if hes traded somewhere where hed be appreciated, developed and used appropriately...and rockets could get assets or players they can immediately use/insert into lineup without worrying too much about the style of play, fit and coaching...

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not F this up Ra-fell.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.