1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael, I hope.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, May 1, 2022.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ayton is a solid two way player, Who make the game easier for our guards. Ayton will not let no name centers score all over us and achieve their game high.

roslolian and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Ayton is a solid player, I won’t deny that. He is an efficient scorer and he is a good rebounder. Scored like 16-18 points a night and gets you 10-11 rebounds.

Defensively I don’t think he is all that great but he isn’t bad. He no longer blocks shots and doesn’t offer great rim protection. He can guard some guys on switches though and is solid man on man.

I just don’t think he would be as efficient in Houston without Chris Paul and I believe the Rockets defense is so bad that they need a better rim protector than Ayton. I also don’t think that he is an ideal fit for the Rockets philosophy and players.

Im not saying your idea is terrible, I just personally wouldn’t pay him the max and trade assets for him. It isn’t the worst idea, just not my personal choice.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats kinda unfair to Ayton you can look at PHX games without Paul its not likehe suddenly forgets to score if Paul aint playing.

Ayton needs someone to set him up but even an average pg can do that job. Last season even when Cp3 was playing like trash in the Finals he still put up stats on the board. Ayton is def worth a max, his max is only around 30M it aint 40M+ or something ridiculous.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

What a child.

Go study some more.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Myles Turner is a much better fit for Rockets.

xiki likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They need good basketball players.

Better a 6-5 guy that can play than a 6-11 guy that sucks balls. Basketball is more than that. Look at how dreadful Christian Wood is in comparison to PJ Tucker.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

PJ is only as good as the players AROUND him, same with Christian Wood. Same for LeBron too.

But Wood looked much better when Harden, PJ, and other veterans were here. How many times has he been in pick and rolls since Harden left?

#88 hlmbasketball, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
    Ekiu likes this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Yeah if we don’t take two forwards in the draft I’ll be upset

Tate in the starting lineup will let me know the tank is still on. If Tate’s off the bench I’ll know we are competing

hakeem94, D-rock, Denovo and 4 others like this.
  10. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

This is outdated as it doesn't include end of season and tournament season but yes Jabari ain't no big.

And for all the talk of his defense when paired with the College DPOY, Auburn wasn't the best defensive team. They were good not great defensively.
    [​IMG]

We have time on Sengun, defensive is ultimately about getting a group of individuals that understand each other and communicate... Sengun didn't even understand English to communicate effectively with his teammates for most of the year.

11. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Wouldn't Turner/Sengun just be a repeat of Turner/Sabonis?

While CP3 did make Biyombo look like an AS while Ayton was out... I'd still absolutely take Ayton over Turner. Ayton is a stud and put in work on the Bucks before they just overloaded on size and went over aggressive on perimeter D.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun not ready to start imo.

Sengun should be backup 5 for now.

Rockets will be drafting the starting 4 - Chet, Jabari or Banchero.

Hence the need for an elite rim protecting 5 that can also provide spacing in 5 out system.

But only Chet allows Rockets the flexibility to start Sengun at 5 right now.

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Damn D Rock I am very disappointed. Really thought you knew what you were talking about but I gave you too much credit. Let’s clear something. “Disruptive” is not a basketball term as you say lololol. You can use that term for any sport. Its a writers term. People like dum dum Bill Simmons who never played ball in his life. You want basketball terms? V cut is a basketball term. 2-3 zone is a basketball term. Flares is a basketball term. Down screen is a basketball term. Very simple. Anyway you never answered my question when I asked you have you ever played organized basketball in your life or at least coached?

14. alethios

alethios Member

Those Chet numbers - OMG!

D-rock likes this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I really don't see Jabari as a 4. Maybe a small-ball 4.

Stephen_A likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can flip and flop Christian's teammates however you want, he is still going to reveal massive deficiencies that result in poor basketball being played. Maybe he will figure it out at some point, but I am not holding my breath.

PJ Tucker is in a different galaxy of basketball intelligence and overall usefulness.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is concerning for Smith, but...amazing for Chet.

Team Chet all the way.

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Chet is king of advanced stats and efficiency.

And the best defense in top 5.

Easily.

cmoak1982, Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just heard Zac Lowe say the Lopez-Portis-Giannis Triple Towers lineups is now....-13 in 23 minutes vs Boston

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

PJ didn't get into the league until he was 26 or 27? You guys got to give Wood a chance. He's bounced around between G-League, overseas and the NBA, he only played 1 yr in college and last yr was his 1st yr being with one team. IT TAKES TIME TO DEVELOP.