1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rafael, I hope.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, May 1, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Just cuz I like ruffling feathers! :D

serious edit: Rafael Stone is a glorious b*stard!! Fleeced Brooklyn. Fleeced Miami. Nailed every draft pick. Beautiful!

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

People on this board already writing off 19 year old Sengun after the minimal run he got through 3/4 of the season are acting the same as those who wrote off Jaylen. Sengun has really good defensive instincts, made some incredible blocks, and is a very good rebounder. He most certainly will put on some upper body strength which will improve his ability to bang in the post which he is very willing to do. Pairing him with an agile and long PF like Jabari or Chet and with a coach that knows how to coach team defense will minimize any foot speed issues which is way overblown. Lopez, Gobert, Embid, etc. are not exactly twinkle toes.

D-rock and JayZ750 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Hol up, did I just read that Jabari Smith got 35% of his shots at the rim blocked during his college season? That can’t be true right?

oh, and Sengun definitely looks like the type that will get picked on in a playoff series and be forced to ride pine as an adjustment

Denovo and SamFisher like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I tend to agree - teams will switch on to him over and over and over again. That said, the Rockets aren't close to that point in time so, whatever.

The thing about him having decent box score block numbers despite not being much of a rim protector, My suspicion - and I don't have access to second spectrum fancy nba play tracking stats -is that is high because he gets the chance to contest a lot of shots due to teams willing to go right at him undeterred (also the Rox perimeter defense is trash).

Also, credit to Sengun, he has quick hands and can time the ball on the way up, Karl Malone-style. not bad, but also why you'd probably want to pair him with a real shot blocker.

Again, this analogy is not great. Jalen Green showed he had top 1% NBA athetic ability in Summer league, exploded for 30+ by game 3, etc etc. The question was never whether he had the physical tools (other than by the morons) - it was whether he coudl put it together, and it didn't take him very long.

The question for Sengun is whehter he has the physical tools or his athleticism/size etc puts a ceiling on him. it's a different quesiton and way more difficult to answer. but like I said, not like you have to decide now anyway, who cares?

Denovo and Reeko like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm watching the Warriors.

Draymond seems to be 6-5/6-6...

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

How many small PFs have the Rockets had that did not work out? They need length.

7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I think for the most part Sengun is a good player. I love his passing and he can block shots, I think the problem for him is going to be guarding the perimeter players.

Will that push him to the bench? We won't know until next season.

SamFisher likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The dude shoots like 42% from 2, so I wouldn't be surprised. lol. I don't watch college basketball, so can anybody explain why his 3 pt shooting percentage is almost better than his 2 pt shooting?

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

that sounds absurdly high…if that’s true, then that is truly astonishing

I knew he sucked from 2, but to get 35% of your shots at the rim blocked? I need to see where that info came from because I can’t believe it.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

But they don't hurt spacing, still threat from 3.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

I knew there was a reason I distrusted him.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO

I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

Amirite?

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

give it a rest dum dum. I already gave you the last word. Be grateful

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are precocious I'll give you that.

But don't throw a tantrum, your parents deserve a break.

16. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

@Nook are we really going to be picking Paolo... Are we really about to run it back with more horrible defense??

Nook likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think anyone (including Stone) knows what the Rockets will do for sure.

I do know that Stone won’t pick someone because of geography.

Deuce, D-rock, H. Christopher and 2 others like this.
  18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Suns do not offer Ayton the max-
    Christian Wood in a sign in trade with Eric Gordon and a first rounder attached.
    Ayton - Sengun
    Jabari - draft pick
    Tate- Martin
    Green - Mathews
    Porter- Josh Chris

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dum Dum

20. Nook

Nook Member

Personally I have little interest in Ayton. He has Chris Paul, who makes big men.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.