1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 107, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

It was a bad outing from the rockets, especially Yao Ming. He said too much in between the games but apparently had no idea what's going to happen and how to perform when fronted or surrounded. Completely taken out of the game by Portland.

The rockets is a team of order. When the opponent creates chaos on the court, rockets usually come out short. Tonight the officiating was part of the chaos, though I would not say that all the calls were against the rockets.

I still firmly believe that the rockets will win this serials, but probably there will be more than 5 games. The Trailblazers are too inexperienced and really had disadvantage at several positions. Now it laid out the problems, it's Rick Adelman and the rockets' turn to answer them.

All said, if rockets would loss this serials (I really can not see it happen), Rick Adelman should be fired on site and Yao Ming's role should be demoted.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

roy didn't score 41 on battier and artest. he scored 41 because he just uses a pick every single play with yao's man and gets into the paint over and over using that strategy. battier and artest can mainly only try to make it tough for him at that point because they can't make yao guard him one on one. and even then he hasn't shot very well against us this year. tonight he was just on, or getting bull**** fouls called on battier while he's falling down in the corner.

what a crock. battier doesn't foul jumpshooters and almost never gets mad at the refs. you know it had to be a horrible call. that's how he reacted to that kirilenko flop 2 utah games ago.

and roy is much more of a flopper that i thought. in fact, the whole team is. it's not just przybilla, who is a king flopper and maybe cost us the game with yao's 4th foul. i haven't lost respect for roy yet, but if he keeps going the utah route to playing basketball, i will.

3. Donatello

Donatello Member

Artest is kinda useless for this team. His defense is overrated; his offense, idiotic.

The worst thing that can happen is when Artest gets hot from the start. He has the ability to pass, but after he hits a couple of shots in a row, he'll never pass the ball again.

Was Yao even in the game plan fro the beginning? I missed the first 6min, and from the box score saw that Artest was hot. Did they even try to establish Yao?

4. dave18

dave18 Member

have you guys ever heard of the last fight before the death? Blazers were obviously doing that. They have already showed us everything they have. Actually when you look at Roy's stats, you can realize how fragile this team is. Whenever a team depends completely on one guy, they are not gonna be great. So Rockets, just stay focused and show some aggressiveness!

We will kill them in game 5.

5. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

AB should be more decisive and shoot that floater in the lane more often.

Rafer took that shot all the time - and missed.

Now that we have a PG who can make that shot...he doesn't shoot it enough.

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

our second unit played very well esp. von

Deke hurt, we hurt :mad: :mad:

7. Precision340

Precision340 Member

roy is a great player... can't win them all.. we need to support our team now that we got home court... let's go Rockets!!

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Obvious troll is obvious.

9. LardLad

LardLad Member

Excellent post. I give you a nicotine stained thumbs up.

10. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Miss free throw hurts us tonight.

11. Rocketsfan86

Rocketsfan86 Member

if that makes u feel better. not that the extra 1.6 second would get us anywhere when we had no timeouts left to advance the ball

we didn't play well for the most crucial parts of the game. AB's huge turnover, team's missed freethrows, adelman's plans on the fronting of yao

there r things they need to do better to win game 3 4 5

12. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

*paging Carl Landry*

Where are you?

13. DaRrEnZhAnG

DaRrEnZhAnG Member

Bad news:
    RA cant do anything for fronting... This is the biggest difference between him and JVG.

Good news:
    we were 0-2 on the road vs the Lakers in 2004, then lost the series;
    we were 2-0 on the road vs the Mavericks in 2005, then lost, too;
    we were 2-0 at the home vs the Jass in 2007, then lost, three;
    we were 0-2 at the home vs the Jass in 2008, then lost, four.

So,
    maybe we can try 1-1 this time, then we probably can pass the first round.

Different teams have different rules. :p :D

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

we played... um decent.

mutumbo out..

basically r****ded reffs..

STILL CANT SOLVE FRONTING!!!!

our bench was destroying, props to wafer and lowry.

cant hit freethrows.

brandon Roy too fast for artest.

but still, pretty good effort for playing away at the garden

ps, i wanna see greg oden get dunked on so hard, he has to retire the next day.. seriously, f that uglyass disrespectful ****

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

The team didn't show the concentration or intensity needed from the start of the game.

And in the 4th, HE DID IT AGAIN. Adelman pulled the players who were hot (Wafer/Lowry) for the simple sake of sticking to his stubborn set rotation :mad:

16. nodstonothing

nodstonothing Member

I'm kinda surprised to see how many people are complaining about Yao not getting the ball. He was doubled/fronted before he got the ball the entire game. You can't give him the ball in that situation because most of the time he will either turn it over, get it stolen, etc. But we used him as a decoy to draw doubles and got exactly what we wanted on offense -- wide open driving lanes and plenty of mid-range jumpshots for Scola and such. The reason we lost was bad execution at the end (two Brooks turnovers, bad Artest three) and we gave up 107 points to them. If they score 107 points in the rest of the games, they'll probably win the series. We have to hold them to below 100.

17. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

WE GOT HOMECOURT NO WAY THEY CAN WIN HERE

my prediction is still intact:
    game 1 W
    game 2 L
    game 3 W
    game 4 W
    game 5 L
    game 6 W

i'll be there game 3 i'm alREaDy getting fired up!!!!!! :cool:

18. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

This rule still apply -> When yao score less than 20 we lost.

SO GET THE DAMN BALL TO YAo!!

19. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

We will win this series, I still have faith.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]